Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 10/1/12: Happy October!

Old 10-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

Mike, sounds like tremendous fun! I know you both will remember this trip for a long time.

Reporting in; I AM going to be a weekend warrior, even though it's going to be a busy one!

1. Eat "cleaner." - step it up a notch. Yes, About the same as I usually do, Same, Yes, Yes
2. 1200 calories max. 1182, 1192, 1197, 1247 - I forgot to log the cough drops I've eaten all day, 1196
3. Exercise 6 hours total for the week. 30 min., 30 min., 2 hours
4. Sleep 7 hours per night. Yes, No-6, No-6.5, No-5.5, 6.5 a little better
5. Log it all, and don't disappear no matter how busy! Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
6. Focus on the positive. One of the cats threw up twice, but it was the same color as my new carpet...that's positive, right? Pretty good today, Same-pretty good, Doing good; Nothing but positive today! Son was accepted to NHS, we found an awesome volunteer organization and joined, the weather is gorgeous, there is the possibility of a really intriguing opportunity at work, and the O's won the wild card!!!

Will be glad to see everyone back on Monday .
Old 10-06-2012, 04:35 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thursday and Friday goals.

GOALS:
Calories < 1700:1606, 1655,1869, 1252, 1917
Workout 3 Times:YES, NO, NO, YES, NO
Protein 30% of calories:37%, 26%, 26%, 36, 21
My macro nutrients were:
Protein Thurs: 36% Fri: 21%
Fat Thurs: 43% Fri: 47%
Carbs Thurs: 21% Fri: 33%

Mixed week for goals. Averaged 1660 calories/day for the week. Only hit my protein goal two of 5 days. Only two workouts.

On a positive I am down another 1.2 pounds for the week!!!!

Mike,
Sounds like a great vacation.

Hope everyones else's lives settle down a little!! Stress is the enemy of weight loss.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, so glad you and your daughter are having fun. It will be a memory she will cherish forever.
Go Cassie--weekend warrior!!
Congrats on the weight loss Ron!!

Looking out the window at the leaves falling. Good exercise but cloudy, damp and cold today. Hoping it will at least be sunny tomorrow so I can rake some leaves. It's a chore I don't mind doing. I enjoy the quiet.

Jenn
Old 10-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

Okay slackers... Where are there updates??
Old 10-06-2012, 06:32 PM
FitDay Member

Well, here I am.
On Friday I was spontaneously invited to dinner by a collegue. It was a very nice evening and I met some new people. oh, and she is Italian and I love Italian cuisine! too bad (for my diet) that pasta is so carb-laden and we had pasta that evening.

exercise:
do the 30-day shred at least 4 days this week Tue Wed Thur Fri Sat Sun + bonus: did 35min Boot Camp Cardio Workout before doing the 30 DS. yeah!
Zumba course on Mon yes
go swimming once this week -> no swimming anytime soon
start running: run at least on one day this week Wed

eating:
make a meal plan for every weekday and log it (and stick to it) Mon: yes, Tue yes, Wed: holiday, Thur yes Fri yes, Sat yes I did not plan yesterday but I logged everything and everything was fine
more protein than carbs on at least 5 days (wednesday is a holiday so that's definitely excluded) Mon: yes, Tue yes, Thur yes, Fri probably not, Sat yes, by far
eat at least 22gr of fiber Mon: yes Tue: yes, Wed no, Thur yes, Fri probably yes Sat no, only 16gr
drink at least 1l every day, 1.5l if vigorous exercise done (would that be enough?) Mon: at least 2l, Tue & Wed: probably not, Thur yes, Fri yes Sat no

anything else:
keep kitchen tidy. Mon: yes, Tue yes, Wed no, Thur yes, Fri yes, Sat still quite tidy I will do the dishes after preparing tomorrow's lunch.

On Friday, after I had done the 30 DS, it rang on my door and I thought it was my neighbour from below who wanted to complain because I felt free to move for a short amount of time at a normal hour in the bedroom where hardly any adult spends time at 5pm anyway. but I didn't feel like argueing, so I didn't open. And then it rang a second time when I was in the bathroom and I couldn't open and thought they were really annoying even ringing at my door one hour later.
But then it rang again on Saturday morning and I thought to myself, I shouldn't delay this any longer. So I opened. And it was my nice next door neighbour who took my study material that came with the post when I wasn't home and wanted to hand it to me.
I really shouldn't be so negative when it comes to people at my door. (but the neighbours below are annoying and I am as careful as possible when it comes to reducing the impact of any jumping etc. exercise)

Last edited by nadinchen; 10-07-2012 at 03:20 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:43 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
Hope everyones else's lives settle down a little!! Stress is the enemy of weight loss.
I hope so, too!

My next two weeks will be stressful, unfortunately. But in 2.5 weeks I'll be on holiday. (still need to book something, though). Sounds like a bad month for weight loss.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:38 AM
Super Moderator

I'm up nearly 5 pounds from vacation.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:55 AM
FitDay Member

Looks like you had a good week nadinchen.
Uggh 5lbs The main point is you had fun although when we all get on the scale it's hard to remember that!
I gained 1lb this week from eating too many carbs and turkey dinner this weekend. Got to make sure I eat within carb limit the next 2 weeks!! And drink my water!!! I did exercise 4x this week.

Jenn
Old 10-07-2012, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Okay slackers... Where are there updates??
Ooh, sorry! If I had checked in Saturday, I would've had to do so with Mern's bag over my head . However, I can say that I balanced it out for the most part, as due to factors beyond my control, I ended up eating very little yesterday. Exercise got to 5 hours over the week; sleep was abysmal, but overall it was a good week. Now, on to this week, which will be a challenge. Lots of meals out for one reason or another, and celebratory food. The Boy turns 16 on Friday and I am turning in circles trying to figure out how the time got away from me!