Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/27/12

Old 08-27-2012, 09:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Not sure how much I will be in this week, but I will be sure to comment if I can.
Woke up Sat morning with vertigo. I get the episodes every so often which means I am unable to exercise until my balance is better. I'm thinking I must have started feeling off on Fri and that is why my blood sugar was spiking. So frustrating because I exercised 5 days in the week and was within range for carbs and protein. Have only had cereal and soup mostly.
Jenn
Jenn - So sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. I had vertigo episodes several years ago, and docs thought it was benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) or positional vertigo (an inner ear thing). It cleared up after a month or so, but was pretty bad during that time. I sure hope you feel better soon! Don't worry about posting, just take care of you and come back when you can.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:50 AM
FitDay Member

Well had a great night out with the hubby to celebrate my birthday. Too bad I woke up with a horrible hangover and was exhausted. But feeling back to my ol' self again and will be going for a run shortly. I did hit the gym yesterday and started lifting weights again. Arms are killing me today but it will get easier. Diet went out the window last night as you can imagine but back at it today and need to stick with it all week. Hope you are all off to a great start of the week.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:05 AM
FitDay Member

Hey everybody! I'm having an awesome day today, much needed shennanigans from the officers at work cheered me right up. Calories are good, carbs are good, and I just finished working out. I'll report numbers later. Thanks everybody for the support and encouragement!
Old 08-27-2012, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) or positional vertigo (an inner ear thing).
This is what mine is...if you do a search for BPPV, one site gives some very helpful vestibular rehab exercises.

Gotta run pick up the hubby from work; hopefully he will have his car back tomorrow. Catch up with y'all later; stay dry, Mike!
Old 08-27-2012, 10:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by traceymc1985
Why, why, why does this seem to be a pattern. Everytime i have a great week with a great loss does it go up in smoke and gain again. Then get the kick up my backside to do really well- feel great and then the same over!!!
Really upset with myself, feel greedy and ashamed.
I know i can do it but why am i not doing it for longer than a week???
I just want to eat all the wrong things and gorge without thinking about calories. This isnt really me- not that i think anyway but its that 17stone OLD me that keeps coming back.
I need to turn this around again. take a hold of it and continue, keep going and not lose the plot. HEEELLLLPPPP!!!!!
Tracey - I am so sorry to hear that you are struggling... You know you can do this, and have proven that you can do this! You have lost 82lbs so far... which is Fantastic!!! One trick I found when I am really tempted to eat something naughty is to turn my frustration and anger onto the food I am trying to avoid. It sounds stupid to yell at a donut (ok, yelling inside my head at a donut because they show up only at my work), but it really truely works for me! Food is totally unappetising when I am finished bawling it out. Another trick is to read the label and log the food in first. Just seeing the numbers can dissipate a craving pretty quickly. I also try filling up with water when a craving hits, which definately helps. Whatever you do please don't be too hard on yourself, you are here and you are making progress... keep trying and big hug to you!
Old 08-27-2012, 10:59 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, keeping you, your family and property in my prayers, as well as all the residents of the gulf states. A huge YAHOO on the lien holder refund and letter and refund info from PowersportsPlus. So glad someone there really does care about customer service and fairness.

Tracey, it certainly is not easy to eat healthfully all the time. I have been where you are many times over. I think I try to trick myself into believing one more cheat won't hurt me or that the scale won't notice. OMG, you've come such a long way from 234 lbs to 152! Major congratulations on that! I was up to 246 lbs. 2 years ago and am only down 20 lbs. for the same reasons you cite. How long did it take you to get down to your current weight--down 82 lbs? Tell us what you can to in order to get your motivation back up. Do you have any certain events coming up for which you'd like to be at a lower weight? How about setting a short term goal and then giving yourself a non-food reward when you reach it--like treating yourself to a movie, or a new blouse/top, something inexpensive but pretty for your house? By golly, I'm going to do it--when I lose 10 lbs. I don't know what it'll be yet, but I'm going to buy myself something that costs up to $20--anything I want--something I don't need but want--and I very, very rarely do that.

Ann, glad you enjoyed your birthday celebration except for the hangover Kudos on hitting the gym and getting right back on the wagon.

Kayla, hooray on your great day! Way to go with the positive attitude!

Cassie, that's great that DH may have his car back tomorrow.

Ama, I just loved your reply to Tracey. I have talked to my food before, too--hey, we all do what we gotta do! LOL I did prelog two pieces of sugar free candy into my snack tonight, but when I saw it would put me over in my fat allowance for the day, I did take it off--wasn't worth blowing my day for a few moments of chocolate pleasure.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:24 AM
FitDay Member

Just throwing my 2 cents in, logging everything ahead of time really does help. I log my entire day when I get up in the morning. That way if something is not quite right, I can tweak it before I mess up.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

Kayla, that is the best way to stay on track. Planning ahead is key. Too bad I haven't been doing that lately.

Mern, thanks! I hope to be able to come back with some good news and boring video footage.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:44 PM
FitDay Member

calories <1600 - 1449
water >64oz - 64oz
protein > 20% - 20%
take vitamins - yes
move - worked 8hrs/walked to and from work
Old 08-27-2012, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by nobe
move - worked 8hrs/walked to and from work
Very good, unless you work from home.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.