Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/27/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/27/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/27/12

Old 08-27-2012, 03:06 AM
FitDay Member

Just had time to skim a few posts...

Kayla - so sorry to hear! Kudos on trying to stay on track at such a difficult time.

Judi - looks like you're in a similar situation. My condolences to you too.

Mern - I don't know how you do it, having such a fine balance with everything, nutrition-wise. You're fantastic!
Old 08-27-2012, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

Mern You always motivate me with how dedicated you are, thanks.

Frenchhen I agree with Cassie your motto is much needed in my week too.

Kayla and Judipurple Sorry to hear about your situations I hope you both find many moments of joy in the hard days ahead.

Nobe I get the falling off the wagon then beating myself up that’s been me for the last couple months I have struggled with great eating all week then messing up my weekends but this week I am borrowing frenchhens motto and this will be my week to start doing it right again.

Ok I tweaked my old goals into ones I can hopefully do even with my long hours at work. I will have my first challenge today as my parents are on the ferry coming to take dd and I out for lunch, I can’t wait to see them but can live without the challenge of a restaurant menu. I hope you all have a great day.

Goals:
Walk 15k:
Exercise 2 days:
Squats 4 days:
Ab work 4 days:
Calories less than 1400:
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week:
No sugar:
Old 08-27-2012, 05:14 AM
FitDay Member

Goals week of August 27th
1. Focus on whole foods.
2. Water (70oz min).
3. Gym 2x this week.
4. Core exercises at home on non-gym days.
5. Start another item on my long-standing to-do list.
6. Positive thinking!

We did not get evacuated! The fire I wrote about on Saturday, which was predicted to quickly spread to 100+ acres, was contained to 5 acres within a few hours. Cal Fire is second to none when it comes to wildland firefighting! Now all we need is some moron on a riding lawn tractor to set it off again… which actually happened a few years back and about 100 homes were lost in that fire. #6 I’m really looking forward to fall (positive thinking right?)

#4 - I found a great new workout in Shape magazine – really good core exercises that do not included those dreaded crunches:
Get a hard-core workout at home: The moves - Shape Magazine - Page 1

Mern – Congratulations on your numbers!!! What a fantastic accomplishment!

April – I am so happy for you, I hope you LOVE your new job!

Mike – Geez… good luck getting the bike repairs/$ all figured out quickly! And a storm on the way… Great catch on the insurance… whew!

Judi – Sending big hugs your way. And mean thoughts his way (is it okay to do that?).

FrenchHen – You OWN it girl! I like the badittude!

Kayla – Geez… Oh I am so sorry to hear! I like that you moved him right on out of your fridge…

Cassie – You OWN it too! Wishing you a great week!

Nobe – I really like your goal to just Move. It must be tough to balance a new job into your life with all your other responsibilities. I’ll be rooting you on this week!

Darlene – Lunch menu’s are the worst… it is so hard to find a restaurant that posts nutrition facts as well. I hope you have a wonderful visit with your family today!

Happy Monday! Ama
5’6” 39yo
Maintaining with a Vengeance (within a 3lb range)
Old 08-27-2012, 07:34 AM
FitDay Member

Not sure how much I will be in this week, but I will be sure to comment if I can.
Woke up Sat morning with vertigo. I get the episodes every so often which means I am unable to exercise until my balance is better. I'm thinking I must have started feeling off on Fri and that is why my blood sugar was spiking. So frustrating because I exercised 5 days in the week and was within range for carbs and protein. Have only had cereal and soup mostly.
Jenn
Old 08-27-2012, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator

Feel better soon, Jenn...I have struggled with that myself and I feel for you! What do you do for it?
Old 08-27-2012, 08:46 AM
FitDay Member

Today was live-in GD's first day of college (commutes--only a 15 minute drive) and she came home with a computer file on her little file storage thing hanging from her keychain on which she downloaded an .xps file at school that she needed to print out and read. She has a laptop but no printer and the cable to hook her laptop to my printer doesn't have the right connector things--I guess we need to look for an adapter. So we hooked her little "computer file storage thing hanging from her keychain" (I don't know what they're called) to my computer but my Windows XPS viewer, though enabled, is not working. I spent two and a half hours trying to find a solution and finally learned it has a corrupt file. I had the presence of mind to look for a free viewer on the Internet and downloaded that and enabled it as the default viewer, so now we're all set. I hate computer problems because we don't have any tech support and DH doesn't know any more than I do about computers.

Jenn, so sorry to learn about your vertigo attack. I've never had that, but I do know it's a really scary thing to deal with. Wishing you a better week ahead. Big hug to ya!

Ama, OMG, wonderful news that you are safe from the wildfire and that it was contained to five acres. Your firefighters are so skilled and dedicated! Thanks for your congrats on my blood test results. And best wishes to you on your goals this week including the new exercise routine.

Cassie, triglycerides are a type of fat found in the blood that we use for energy. We all need some for good health but high triglycerides can put one at risk for heart disease. Among the causes are listed obesity, poorly controled diabetes, and eating more calories than one burns, so that's where limiting fats and carbs come into play. Thanks for your faith that I'll get the hang of my new way of eating. I still need to discuss it with the doc at Thursday's "summit" but I'm 99.9% sure she'll approve. I think I'll be giving up my Ragu Double Cheddar Sauce which I was eating in limited quantities. I was having one tablespon per day atop a spinach omelet for .75g sat fat but I may give it up in protest since Ragu was unable to give me the breakdown of the mono and sat fats. It's a processed food anyway. As far as your "broken record goals" go, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. You are one of my role models, so I KNOW you can do it.

Judi, thanks for your return blessings which are much appreciated.

Nobe, huge hug to you as you commit yourself to trying really hard this week to lose weight and avoid DH's well-intentioned carby dinners. We know you can do it. I got a chuckle out of your kind post--"having such a fine balance with everything nutrition-wise." Oh, I can "talk the talk" but it's harder to put my ideas into practice. I deeply appreciate your confidence in me, though.

Darlene, I'm only dedicated to my current cause of lowering triglycerides because I don't want to take meds for it. I'm glad some of the motivation is contageous, though. Kudos to you on reworking your goals to ones you can follow while working long hours. Wishing you a great visit and enjoyable lunch with your parents.

Last edited by Mern; 08-27-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

I'm in with some bs goals (no food goals).

We are under a moratorium so I won't be able to write policies this week, so I'll likely miss my qtr. end numbers.

1) Update y'all daily (if possible) of the storm
2) Don't let the wind take away my camera as I film the hurricane
3) Get yard cleaned up after storm passes
4) Start putting my bike back together (unless parts are delayed)
Old 08-27-2012, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by judipurple
Mike, we've been in counseling for 6+ months, and this was rather out of the blue. As I mentioned, he has agreed to continue with the projects, and visit with the kids, with no change in the finances (I have always been CFO, so that is a relief). For how long, I don't know.

We have another counseling session next week, he said he will go, and I will be there with a list of questions and concerns, trust me.

The toughest part of this will be telling my family. I get a clenching feeling in my belly just thinking about it. My little sister is going through a divorce right now, and I hate to add this to my parents' worries. I will probably hold off until all my ducks are in a row, so I can alleviate any concerns for them. It still will hurt, because they love him dearly.
I've been divorced twice... still baffles me that 2 women would actually let a catch like me go. Good luck and try to stay strong and sane. When all is said and done, you may wish that y'all did it sooner.

Originally Posted by amalthea1892

We did not get evacuated! The fire I wrote about on Saturday, which was predicted to quickly spread to 100+ acres, was contained to 5 acres within a few hours. Cal Fire is second to none when it comes to wildland firefighting! Now all we need is some moron on a riding lawn tractor to set it off again… which actually happened a few years back and about 100 homes were lost in that fire. #6 I’m really looking forward to fall (positive thinking right?)

Mike – Geez… good luck getting the bike repairs/$ all figured out quickly! And a storm on the way… Great catch on the insurance… whew!
Awesome news on the fire. Yeah with me being in the insurance industry, I can't believe I almost let that slip by. I guess I've had so much going on over the past few weeks that I didn't even think about it. I may never need flood insurance but I don't mind paying for the piece of mind.

Speaking of... I did go get sandbags today... just in case!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Default Update

I finally got the check back from the lien holder today. That was nice to see in my mailbox.

I got the following reply back from the supervisor at PowersportsPlus:
Hello Michael,
I do truly apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. I have refunded the restocking fee to your PayPal account. Order number 70320201 has been reinstated. Part numbers 94450-15J00-YBD and 94470-14J00-YUA are the only items on this order. I have refunded your credit card for the remaining balance of the order $274.38. I have applied the Meet Sister promotional code to this order as a courtesy for the inconveniences. I have also made the purchase order with a urgent status. As soon that part becomes available it will overnight to our location. I would also like to offer you a commercial discount on your next order if you choose to do so. I have researched this order to find out which representative you were speaking with and, I have personally gone over all issues with this order. I can assure you we believe in return customers and great customer service. Again, I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and hope you will consider us for your next part purchase.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default Good week turns into a bad week!! AGAIN!!!!

Why, why, why does this seem to be a pattern. Everytime i have a great week with a great loss does it go up in smoke and gain again. Then get the kick up my backside to do really well- feel great and then the same over!!!
Really upset with myself, feel greedy and ashamed.
I know i can do it but why am i not doing it for longer than a week???
I just want to eat all the wrong things and gorge without thinking about calories. This isnt really me- not that i think anyway but its that 17stone OLD me that keeps coming back.
I need to turn this around again. take a hold of it and continue, keep going and not lose the plot. HEEELLLLPPPP!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.