Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/27/12

Old 08-30-2012, 12:51 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, it was enough to save my house. Latest work is that my bros house is taking on water.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:08 AM
FitDay Member

Hope things get better for you and your house soon Mike!

Ran for 20 mins and lifted last night. Besides my birthday debacle with the diet on Sunday, I have been eating really well but the scale is not moving. Better than gaining I guess but I thought I would see something by now and nothing. Usually I will have a cup of coffee with my sugar free creamer (can't give that up) and some Egg beaters with ham for breakfast, fruit or string cheese for a snack, then salad with chicken and chicken or fish and veggies for dinner. Maybe I need to eat more snacks to see the scale move? Any ideas?

Hope everyone is finishing the week strong, even if the earlier part of the week has been a struggle. Will be going to the gym tonight since its going to be in the mid 90's again here....I never thought I would say this but I am kinda looking forward to fall coming so the weather isn't as hot all the time.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:19 AM
FitDay Member

Mern-it's not that I was envisioning anything, believe me, I wasn't. It's one of those things that you know happens, you just don't want to hear anything about your brother/sister.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:24 AM
Super Moderator

Default Update

YouTube - Missy Elliot - The Rain
Old 08-30-2012, 01:26 AM
FitDay Member

OMG - Tori, you just cracked me up, girl! Besides, Mike started it -->posting those pix (the march 2011 centerfold - ooo-la-la)... Like I tell my kids - I might be married and 50-odd - but I ain't DEAD!

Sorry Mike. Had to.

Sorry, Tori - :: here's a barf bag::
Old 08-30-2012, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

Log all food. Good, bad and ugly. M,T,W
Walk at least 10000 steps a day. 14,652, 10,046,13270
Take supplements. M,T,W
Drink 64 oz of water daily. M,T,W
Keep caloric intake below 1800 each day. M,T,W

Hope that storm pushes off soon. Mike, it is good you have and are a good neighbor.

Okay everyone it is THURSDAY.... Time to re-group if you need to re-group and gear up for the last few days of this weeks' goal! NO EXCUSES!!!
Old 08-30-2012, 01:55 AM
FitDay Member

Ok, enuff horseplay - time to get serious!

Didn't walk yesterday, but driving a bus for 5 hours counts according to FitDay!
Numbers were ok, carbs a wee bit higher than I like, but the scale and the tape measure are still reading in the 'right' direction, so I won't complain.

Calories: 1,472 Fats: 83.9 Carbs: 81.4 Proteins: 105.9

Only have a bit of time before I have to go out to my next bus run, so have to head to the feed store. Will check in later.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:12 AM
Super Moderator

Okay ladies, another update means another music video. I plugged an extension cord to my neighbors generator and I powered up my fridge and a couple small fans. She here you go! >>> YouTube - Snap - I ve Got The power
Old 08-30-2012, 06:59 AM
FitDay Member

Follow-up appointment today with my doc on last week's blood test.
1. Due to success of lowering my blood sugar from pre-diabetic to normal and lowering total cholesterol to normal and LDL cholesterol to almost normal through diet alone, I am graduating to tests and dr. conferences every four months instead of every three.

2. She approved of my following the Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes (TLC) diet, modifying it to 9% of total calories from saturated fat instead of the 7%--because the 7% truly impossible for me to achieve given my 25g net carb limit and she's opposed to increasing my protein intake. BUT I've been able to achieve only about 1150 calories per day and she wants me to have at least 1200 calories. She set up an appointment with the dietitian her practice uses to help me either find foods to increase my calories without exceeding my carb and fat limits, or perhaps modifying my plan to allow for more total fat.

3. My triglycerides rising despite total cholesterol and LDL coming down could be due to heredity, my metabolic syndrome, lack of weight loss these past three months. I did increase my exercise intensity, but it didn't help. She suggested changing up my exercise to not do the same exercise more than two days per week. So I'll be making an appointment with a senior citizen advisor at the gym sometime soon.

Oh, Mike! So glad the trench worked and you got plugged into the emergency generator. I was wondering last night if people in LA use those. People here in the midwest invest in them for tornados. How much water did your bro get?

Ann, is your birthday on the 24th or 26th? I just had a "summit" with my doc this morning and, among other topics, discussed having such a hard time losing weight despite the fact that the diet I was following (that I worked out with her) helped reduce my cholesterol and blood sugar to normal, but I've pretty much stalled on weight loss the past three months. I've forgotten what you do for exercise. Doc said that even though I had bumped up my 30 minute treadmill walking from level 1 intensity to level 4 and break a sweat and my heart rate is at 80% of max for 30 minutes, my body may have gotten used to that exercise. She advised not doing the same exercise more than twice per week. And she told me to not eat below 1200 calories.

Tori, I was just teasing about you envisioning Mike and GF. But thanks for the amusement. LOL

Judi, I get a kick out of teasing Mike and Tori. I found it fun that you joined in. OK, driving a bus must burn some kind of calories with turning those corners--I'm sure it's not as easy as in a compact car. Kudos on all your hard work that are netting you lower scale and tape measure numbers.

Frenchhen, kudos on your inspiring reports this week! Thanks for your encouragement to the group to gear up for the last few days of the week with no excuses.

Last edited by Mern; 08-30-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, that's awesome news that your doc is on board and you have a bit more information to go on. Keep us posted on how it all works out! I think they are all good, solid thoughts and the plan makes a lot of sense.

Can't help but compare it to some of the wacky stuff that's out there . Good, old fashioned paying attention to what you eat, and exercise, is the way to go!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.