Community
Notices

New lady here!

Old 08-26-2012, 07:31 PM
FitDay Member

Exclamation New lady here!

Hello everyone!

Where shall I start? Well, You can call me Annellie. I'm a 23 y.o. European gal. I've been overweight my whole life. My problems started with my parents over-feeding me as a toddler. My weight was growing constantly over the years:
At the age of 7 I was 35 kg (77 lbs)
At the age of 9 I was 60 kg (132 lbs)
At the age of 11 I was 75 kg (165 lbs)
At the age of 13 I was 90 kg (198 lbs)
At the age of 15 I was 100 kg (220 lbs) <--- started dieting at this point.
At the age of 16 I was 65 kg (143 lbs)
At the age of 19 I was 94 kg (207 lbs)
At the age of 20 I was 88 kg (194 lbs)
At the age of 21 I was 71 kg (156 lbs)
Now I am 5''5' (165 cm) and my weight fluctuates between 156 and 184 lbs, when ideally it should be around 120 - 130 lbs. I've tried many diets, starved myself, ate vegetarian, logged my food and exercise to online calorie counters, like sparkpeople.com, livestrong.com, loseit.com or myfitnesspal.com, but none of it matched my needs and I kept losing motivation.

Currently I am struggling with depression, binge eating, severe migraine and social anxiety. I've discovered fitday.com a few days ago and improvement in my conditions gives me hope that this time I might be able to control my moods, my eating habits and my life.

It would be nice to find someone with similar problems or make some weight loss buddies, because staying alone in this turmoil isn't easy.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:48 AM
Super Moderator

156 lbs, for your height, doesn't seem too bad to me. I'm around that height, and when I'm 120-130, I am thin but that is hard to maintain.

Watching your weight becomes a lifelong habit for many people. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. Even athletes keep an eye on the scale.

Good luck with your goal!
Old 08-27-2012, 02:44 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome, Annellie. Regardless of what path brings you here, we're all here trying to make the best choices we can. FitDay has a lot of good tools and the forums provide a lot of knowledge and support. Especially check out the 7-Day Motivational thread in the Women's Corner section...a great deal of camaraderie there and we love new folks to join in. Hope to see you around!
Old 08-27-2012, 08:17 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you for your support!

It's my third day on Fitday.com and I can already feel the difference. I am glad this site has more than just calorie counter. All of the tools are really useful, especially mood diary and all the charts and statistics. It looks way more professional than what I used before.

I admit that my weight doesn't sound so bad given my height, but fat doesn't look good on me, it just doesn't. You can see way heavier girls and they have smooth legs and no cellulite or stretch marks on them. In my case... it's a different story.

I've came here concerned about my health, not my looks anyway. My boyfriend's mother has emotional eating problems and now she's on oxygen, has diabetes, lots of extra weight and short life expectancy. So, I have a sad example of what I don't want to be like... The wish to be here for my boyfriend for many years to come motivates me to try harder and take care of this body.