Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Diets
Paleo/Primal Blueprint/Caveman Diet, Lifestyle >

Paleo/Primal Blueprint/Caveman Diet, Lifestyle

Notices

Paleo/Primal Blueprint/Caveman Diet, Lifestyle

Old 07-15-2012, 02:05 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nickirussell
... It was the easiest weight loss I ever experienced. Being a baker I missed cakes and eventually caved in to my old carby lifestyle..or the past year or so. Just weighed myself again have gained it all back plus some. Feel disgusting. Contemplating the HF lifestyle again.
Patient: "Doctor, doctor. It hurts when I do this."
Doctor: "Well, then don't do that!"
Old 08-07-2012, 08:12 AM
FitDay Member

::bump::
Old 08-08-2012, 05:26 AM
FitDay Member

I haven't read this whole thread, so I'm not sure if this has been posted. If anyone is interested in starting out on a Paleo diet, I do highly recommend starting with a Whole 30 from the Whole9life.com people. It's uber strict paleo for 30 days to help clear your body of the toxins and other things that can cause many of your GI issues and gut inflammation. I did it in Feb/March with my wife, and in the 30 days, I dropped 17lbs without working out. I also saw my gut decrease in size.

Once the 30 days were over, I did incorporate dairy and some gluten back into my diet and saw horrific changes. My gut inflamed almost instantly, and my digestive system was messed up. The 30 days is hard, because it is so strict, but it's worth it if you can handle the sugar headaches you'll get and if you can properly plan out your meals. I am thinking of doing another one soon just to get myself back on track, but will be working out while doing it, so I hope to see 25lbs come off in the 30 days.

and if you're into the geeky stuff behind why it works, the creators Mellisa and Dallas Hartwig have a book called It Starts With Food. Good read in general.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 08-30-2012 at 12:14 PM. Reason: link removed
Old 08-08-2012, 11:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default Good cholesterol

Originally Posted by JaimeMWS
It wasn't paleo, but I followed a high fat/high protein/low carb diet for 5 years, and then had a comprehensive physical, and the only abnormality was that the "good cholesterol" was abnormally high and the "bad cholesterol" was very low. My doctor was impressed.
I had the same results, doing a 12-hour fast.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:28 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I've been following the Protein Power low-carb program, which has really helped stabilize my mood and give me energy for exercise, as well as losing weight. But based on research that post-menopausal women who keep weight off are those who increase vegies and fruits in diet, I am planning to morph into more of a primal/paleo eating plan. I know I can't go back to eating breads and sugars or I will turn back into a fat couch potato. I found the Daily Apple website - what others have people found helpful?
Old 09-10-2012, 04:04 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi all Paleo/primal folks.

I am starting the "whole life challenge" this Sat. Paleo is the basic diet, and some sort of activity every day and some sort of stretching/mobility work everyday are the requirments. The diet will be the biggest challenge for me. Overall I eat well, but I like my fermented dairy (ie cheeses) and although I have gotten my carboholicism under control, I still enjoy well prepared breads etc., so I am a little concerned. Hits, recommendations, and suggestions are welcomed.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by tandoorichicken
Check out Mark's Daily Apple. He covers all things Primal on the blog, including what food is allowed.

-Nik
Ha! I just read Mark Sisson's "Mark's Daily Apple". His webiste is fantastic. I would like to learn more about Primal and maybe give it a try.
So far, I just eat three meals per day with a couple little snacks like an apple or greek yogurt. I don't eat carbs with supper, just a protein and veggies. I'm also interested to learn more about the leptin reset approach since I've had hormonal difficulties all my life. Hormones are incredibly powerful factors. I've lost 30 pounds since May just eating a well balanced diet and keeping my caloric intake at around 1350.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

I'm trying to get back into the Primal diet. I love reading all the success stories on Mark's Daily Apple, etc. I'm just finding it really hard to stay on track while in college... But I love the idea behind this and it makes a TON of sense. I was 135 lbs last summer, came back after spring semester and weighed in at 163...but I followed the Primal diet for the most part over this past summer and got down to 150. This is my last year here and I would love to get back to my pre-college weight by the time I graduate in May. I'd love to hear any helpful tips or suggestions about how to stay on track!
Old 10-13-2012, 07:53 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by primalchick
I'm trying to get back into the Primal diet. I love reading all the success stories on Mark's Daily Apple, etc. I'm just finding it really hard to stay on track while in college... But I love the idea behind this and it makes a TON of sense. I was 135 lbs last summer, came back after spring semester and weighed in at 163...but I followed the Primal diet for the most part over this past summer and got down to 150. This is my last year here and I would love to get back to my pre-college weight by the time I graduate in May. I'd love to hear any helpful tips or suggestions about how to stay on track!
Hi Primal,
Do you cook for yourself? And do you share living quarters? That can make a big difference.

I've found the first thing is to clear out all on the non-primal foods (or at least most of it). The next thing is to sit down and plan out your meals. The worst thing for me is trying to eat on plan when I am starving - I never make good choices. I also give myself some slack on the dairy prohibition. I try not to over do it, but cheese and yogurt are important protein and fat sources for me.

Good luck, although I can't say that I am a strict adherent, I do like the results.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Just started Primal Yesterday

Hey all I just started Primal Yesterday and I lost 3 LBS Can't say that I'm not happy about it. What is your favorite Breakfast food?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.