Paleo/Primal Blueprint/Caveman Diet, Lifestyle >

Paleo/Primal Blueprint/Caveman Diet, Lifestyle

Community
Notices

Paleo/Primal Blueprint/Caveman Diet, Lifestyle

Old 04-14-2010, 01:02 AM
FitDay Member

Default Primal

I sorta went "hardcore" with it, I was never into sodas and junk food anyway, so it was easy. I cut out all pasta, bread, rice. I have 1 tsp sugar in my coffee and a splash of heavy cream. But, "big ass salad" for lunch, and grilled meat and veggies for dinner. My downfalls are 2-3 glasses of wine a night, chocolate (although I prefer dark, which I guess is ok, but 2 -3 chunks a night?!), and sometimes I make sauces from heavy cream. But, other than that.....I'm 80%!
This is only my 6th week....I hope I see even more changes in near future.
lulu

How do I get these thread responses/reply's to be emailed to me?
Old 04-14-2010, 05:47 AM
FitDay Member

My biggest change was in my ability to concentrate and focus on one task at a time. I'm an easily distracted person so this was a major improvement in that I was literally all over the place before and then I'd get overwhelmed. There was also a bit of a body comp change though my scale weight pretty much stayed the same.

Even now I'm eating an open face avocado with salt and pepper and grilled chicken breast with homemade avocado salsa. I love the emphasis on making everything yourself (I taught myself to cook on this diet and now I'm semi-pro), and everything is delicious!

I'm pretty new here myself so I don't know about the email thing.

-Nik
Old 04-15-2010, 11:23 AM
FitDay Member

Primal too! Came to this site to make sure I was staying in the 50-100g of carbs per day range. Was a good thing too, cuz too many fruit, nuts & yogurt were putting me over the top! Lost 13lbs just by cutting out grains and processed foods, hopefully I can break thru this plateau and continue to loose Hubby and I have tried more new recipes and veggies in the last month than we ever have! And we are loving it
Old 04-29-2010, 02:20 PM
FitDay Member

Primal Blueprint all the way!

I've gone from 200 pounds to 170, and feel better than I have in ages. The best part is that I am *never* hungry. I highly recommend spending some time over there. The book is great, but the site is chock full of great free info.

It's not even really a diet, it's a lifestyle, and easily a new way of eating you can maintain for the rest of your life.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:26 PM
FitDay Member

I've been 100% primal for almost two years now. Haven't netted any weight loss since I started. Thanks, PCOS . . .
Old 05-06-2010, 04:08 PM
FitDay Member

I have been eating primal (or trying to) for about... a year now?
Had great sucess in the start, and I still don't eat any grains (except perhaps half a cup of rice a fortnight.... if that).
Still eat dairy but only the good quality full fat cheese and I make my own yoghurt which I have every morning. I stick to *generally* alll organic meat (budget allowing), and steer clear of sugar.
I exercise a few times a week - have built muscle and am definately stronger and happier.
I have lost about 20kgs (45lbs for you Americans!) and have about 6kgs (13lbs) left to go until I'm no longer considered "overweight" by general standards.
Having said that I have been at this new weight and in a plateau for about 6 months! And while I know that everyone's body is different, I really don't think I've reached my "natural weight" because I still have quite visible (grabbable!) rolls of fat - and, most importantly, I'M not happy at this weight.
Anyway, I have started using fitday and in just a couple of days I have seen how I have let a few too many treats creep back into my diet etc so hopefully this increased awareness will do the trick! I'm keeping carbs under 100g per day and one thing I have learnt already is too lay off the nuts and watch the fruit (especially dried!).

Last edited by mizor; 05-06-2010 at 04:11 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:55 AM
FitDay Member

Does anyone have a favorite resource for primal/paleo/semi-paleo recipes? I've experimented a little on my own on veggie and meat prep but I'm terrible with sauces.

I do use a little quinoa and rice now and then as they don't give me the typical grain bloat and fog that I get from wheat and oats, so I'm square with recipes that include those.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:40 AM
FitDay Member

Hello, my fellow primal blueprinter! I'm quite a fan of Mark Sisson to, who is the one who got me into this whole thing. This is a great way to eat, and I feel healthier
Old 06-17-2010, 09:16 PM
FitDay Member

Hello,

I love Mark's site.

I've been on a diet that is a cross between paleolithic + Weston Price + Optimal Diet) 5 or 6 months ago (for health, not for weight loss).

saturated fat, dairy, eggs & non-starchy vegitables, bone marrow & properly prepared grains. almost no sugary food except a little fruit & sometimes buttery scone.

i just don't like sweets as much & even 90% dark chocalate became a little too sweet. then i upgraded to 100% cacao by roasting my own, nothing added. i eat the beans or nibs straight.

regards,
Old 06-25-2010, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all.....thought I'd jump right in here with you!
I have just recently found Marks website. SO much information! Wow, I have done everything from vegan to weight watchers and I have lost 50 pounds however I am looking for something different to help me with the rest of my life. I am 53 years old and I too got tired of hearing everyone say they felt bad and were sick. I still have about 10 pounds to lose. I am 5'2 1/2 and 133 lbs.
I have been eating gluten /grain free for almost 2 years as I was diagnosed with gluten sensitivity. I do still eat some dairy though. Today is my first day to document eating Paleo on this website as yesterday I started out good and then ate probably about 1 million carbs in "protein" bars!!! UGHHH
I'm so excited to find this site and MDA. Should be a interesting journey!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.