Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 08/13/12

Old 08-18-2012, 01:58 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Yes - my daughter used the bands to rehabilitate after an injury to her throwing arm (softball). They say that the bands are safest weigh to train. I always feel awkward using them, but i'm an old school athlete that grew up on free weights.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:04 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I am here being a weekend warrior! We just won't discuss the unwarrior-like week I had. But I can always start over, right?

It's hubby's b-day today and he chose to go out for Mexican and still has yet to tell me what confection he would like to have...though he is leaning toward a fruit tart. But I can be strong!

For a change I have very little work this weekend and have just been doing all the unexciting but necessary home tasks that I've been putting off. It feels good to be getting caught up. I know it's boring, but I really like days like this.

ichalk2up, thanks for your response. When you say you wanted them to have plenty of room, does that mean you went with a smaller car or a larger one? Did what you chose work out okay for you on both counts? Hope things settle in for you a bit before you head out to travel. What sort of work do you do?

jj, when I first started, I went to the library and got some books on weight training for women (I just used the library computer search feature) and put a list of the exercises I found into a spreadsheet, and I check them off with the date when I do them. Smart Women Lift Heavy, I think was one? Also, I think that one or more of Jillian Michaels' books has exercises in the back. Also, a lot of folks on here recommend bodybuilding.com but I've not spent much time on there myself.

Hang in there, Judi. It's not a train; it's your future, and you will live it. It just might be hard to see right now. You can do this; take one day at a time, an hour at a time, a minute, if you have to.
Hi Cassie - we went with smaller sized cars. Yes, both kids really like what they have . . .my son went with a Nissan Altima and my daughter has a Mercy Sable. Both cars were about 5 or 6 years old, so we've been able to finance for a short term and not be too painful on the budget which was nice.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:10 PM
FitDay Member

Hello all, I am being a Weekend Warrior, because I took my cheat day in the middle of the week. Today was only so-so. I kept my calories under control, but not my carbs, and I was super lazy and did not exercise. However, I am down 10 lbs from when I started 3 weeks ago, so I'm clinging to that ray of positivity! Here are my numbers for today.

1) Stay within calorie limits. Yes, 733
2) Get 4 workouts done. M-Y. T-Y. W-Y. Th-N. F-N. S-N.
3) Keep carbs @or under 33%. 58% my god that's a lot of carbs!
4) Get to bed by 10:30. Doubt it, its the weekend.
5) Drink more water! Yes.

Other:
1) Wedding planning. Yes.
2) Stick with budget, and STOP OVERSPENDING! Had Subway for dinner. $11 I will never get back.

ichalk2up, I don't know if I will ever get over it, but I do know its all me. He came in the other day just as I was finishing up and had no time to shower or change. He opened the door and said "Wow, you look so fit and powerful right now. I kinda like it". I still don't know if that's enough to get over it, but nice to hear anyway.

Nicaleh, I propose a trade. Send some cold this way, if you don't mind.

Jrudd, I don't know about resistance bands, but I do know there are tutorials on youtube that will show you how to use household objects as weights. I have a 16 month old who weighs about 20 lbs, so I just use her. Its a win-win because I get a good workout, and she thinks its the most hilarious game ever.

Well, there is more red in there than I like, but its the weekend so I'm kind of happy to be posting at all. And ecstatic to have any green in my goals. I am calling today a win. Goodnight everyone! See ya tomorrow.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:48 PM
FitDay Member

weekend goals
post my weight 81kg (178.574lb), 80.4(177.24lb)

sleep in a little yes, yes
log everything! yes, yes
drink water, pure clean water, yes but not enough, still not really enough
eat vegetables, 3-5 serves, yes probably more, yes
eat fruit, 1-2 serves, no, kids ate all the fruit! no
cook everything at home, kind of, I had meals I had cooked previously in the freezer, so it was homemade. yes
1350 calories max, 1007, 1549

so overall a pretty ok weekend, the calories balance out to 1278 average so I'm good with that. I realised after I had eaten that I ate the wrong wrap bread and gave my partner the diet ones oops! that pushed my calories and carbs up a bit but no major harm done. I'm looking forward to starting a new week and keeping on track all the way through.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:18 PM
FitDay Member

Sunday's #s
Calories: 1,440 Fats: 82.9 Carbs: 54.3 Proteins: 120.5

Ready for the next week!