Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Diets
Optifast - giving it a try >

Optifast - giving it a try

Community
Notices

Optifast - giving it a try

Old 09-19-2012, 07:46 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I think I will take a nap & not feel guilty!!!

Kelly (krms)
Old 09-20-2012, 07:44 AM
FitDay Member

You do that Kelly!!!
Old 09-20-2012, 02:56 PM
FitDay Premium Member

I'm going to weigh in tomorrow, I didn't cheat so I hope I do well!!! How is it going Marienita & LizBurch??? Good night out there...

Kelly
Old 09-20-2012, 09:24 PM
FitDay Member

Good luck Kelly

Let us now how it goes

I will weigh in on Tuesday next week.
Haven't cheated either, so im hoping for the best [fingers crossed].

M
Old 09-24-2012, 01:54 AM
FitDay Member

Hi KS and Marieneta ~

I keep plugging along here. Down 1 more pound. Oh my I thought it would come off faster. I feel like I've totally changed my diet... eating a lot less food, avoiding saturated fats in the foods I do eat, drinking the water, etc and it's coming off so slow. I'm probably getting about 1200 cal a day. I know if I exercise more it will probably come off faster but I have arthritis so bad in my knees its very painful. I have noticed the pain has decreased a bit since I've lost the weight that I have. I get in the pool about twice a week, and mow the lawn (gas mower) once a week so I'm not totally sedatary. When I finish going in the pool or mow the lawn my knees are killing me but I deal with it to get my body moving. I can't get discouraged here and I should enjoy the 1 pound that I lost.

I will be out of town for a bit. Leaving tomorrow for Boston and returning in a week. I have a conference so not sure if I'll get on here. I will miss my weigh in meeting but they supplied me with enough Optifast for the week I'm gone so hopefully I won't go off too bad. I think Bfast and Lunch will be easy to stay on it ... I'll just have to be careful with dinner and order wisely.

Keep up the good work... drink your water, take naps , and exercise when you can.

a bit thinner Liz
Old 09-24-2012, 07:24 AM
FitDay Premium Member

It's Monday!!! On Friday I had my weigh-in & I lost another 2 pounds, yeah!! That's the good part...Now let me tell you the bad. I blew it this weekend & had a big yummy sandwich from a great sandwich shop. I also had a tostada. I know I was really bad and I feel like I just blew my whole weight loss journey again ( if I only knew how to post those sad or smiley faces I would post a sad one!). I am back on track though. Not to be a total downer but will be that time of the month too, yuck!
Liz, congrats on the pound! It's way better than gaining a pound!!! It sounds like you exercise a lot more than me, so keep up the great work! I'll talk to you when you get back into town.

Kelly
Old 09-28-2012, 11:35 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Had my weigh-in today to my surprise I'm down another 2 pounds!!! I'm really pleasantly surprised because I did not feel like I had lost anything this week!!! Two more pounds to meet my 20 pounds gone 1st goal!!!!
Liz are you back in town yet, if so how did it go being out of town??
Marienita did you have your weigh-in on Tuesday & how did you do???

Kelly
Old 10-08-2012, 07:48 PM
FitDay Member

hey ladies..

hpe u guys are well.

i am still keeping to my diet but im not seeming to lose any more weight it either stays the same or i put on. its annpying more than discouraging!!! maybe i just want it to come of faster than i stress too much.

but i will keep on. maybe i will refine a bit. need to start gyming!!! and drinking more water as well. that should work.

KR you must be so proud that yu are losing so much. good luck and keep it up.
Liz how di the conference go. were u able to keep with the diet? good to hear you increasing you activities, its a huge motivator.

definitely gyming tonight. :-)

XXX
M
Old 10-10-2012, 05:04 PM
FitDay Member

Hi guys!

I'm back in town. I was in Boston for a week with lots of tempting foods. I had my shake every morning for breakfast ... ate a light lunch ... dinner on most nights had a shake but a few nights enjoyed a nice dinner. I had no idea how I was doing regarding my weight. I watched what I ate but didn't make myself miserable.

When I came home I went to my meeting and I was down 1/2 pound. Well .. at least I didn't gain.

It's been a week and I went to my meeting again tonight and I was up 1/2 pound .. so I'm back to where I was before I left for my trip. Ugh! This has really been a slow process but I'm going to keep it going.

It sounds like you both are doing great!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:16 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Glad you're back in town, sounds like you did pretty good considering you were out of town with all the temptations of seminar lunches & dinners!!! So you are at the same weight you were at before leaving town? Wow that impressive, I would have totally gone "off" my plan!
I just found out we are going to Cabo Nov. 9, 2012. I hope I will be able to stay the same weight before and after our trip, and don't blow it!!!
I only lost 1 pound last week and I have to admit I have been weighing myself alot this week and it looks like I have stayed the same. I hope I have not hit a "plateau". I'm am trying to get into the 180's but not have much luck the past two weeks. I go tomorrow to weigh-in.
It's so hard when my husband comes home on Thursday night, he always wants to go out and eat or go to his mom's and eat and she is a great cook. I know, I know, excuses!!!
Talk to you soon...Kelly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.