Food selection database needs improvement >

Food selection database needs improvement

Community
Notices

Food selection database needs improvement

Old 07-12-2012, 09:59 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Food selection database needs improvement

Often I cannot find very simple things or I am restricted to strange options when I do find things. Example = cheese enchiladas pretty simple? Right, I can only find ones from Weight Watchers. This is not good. I love the reports but hate the food database. I am going to switch to another log product because I know there are better options. Example Training Peaks software food selection has branded foods and more often what I eat. Example Greek Yogurt is not in the database here... come on really???
Old 07-12-2012, 11:02 AM
FitDay Member

Do you use the customised lables? The closest thing I came to for home made pizza was, hambergur on a pizza crust with pizza souce. My diatition told me to just go with what I feel would be the closest to what you feel calories would be. I don't understand why they have so many different listings for the fruits or vegtables. I think it just depends on where they get their information to add to this. Wishing you luck in finding what you are looking for.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:20 AM
FitDay Member

Yes! please add all the Lean Cuisines to your food db - the spa collection for instance like salmon with basil. thanks
Old 07-15-2012, 08:41 AM
FitDay Member

Guys, Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice frozen dinners change their formulas once in a while. The calorie count changes and some of the nutrition changes too. One I had been eating for a while that was around 280 calories jumped up to 300 calories in the new formulation. Some went down. If you have a custom food for it in your list you can quickly edit this information. Don't expect fit day staff to do all your work for you with branded foods,.

With non-branded foods (like looking up a cheese enchilada) I agree with you that there should be a standard entry for it (but it should be specific about the weight of it so you can know how many servings your portion are).