Community
Notices

I need help with weight loss

Old 04-07-2010, 09:25 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Molly....Please read!

Hey Molly! Well I've done the slim fast and anything else you can think of including seeing dietitians and nutritionalist! My mother struggled real bad once she hit 35 and has gained 70lbs since. She finally lost 63lbs after she tried the plan I'm doing. I dont worry about 5 fruits and 5 veggies and only 4 oz of this and 3 oz of that....I follow my calories and make sure I burn more than I eat! Just sitting most of the day and no exercise added I burn 2653 calories. So if 3500 calories equals one pound- I need to cut my cal by 1000 a day to lose 2 lbs a week (so I eat under 1600) . Now if I add exercise (which I do, I swim 3-4 times a week for 30min to an hour) I lose even more! I eat good- like veggies and fruits I just dont stress out by counting them! Also I love boneless skinless chicken breast and mac and cheese! Velveeta makes this 2% mac and cheese that you cant even tell the difference! We're from SC so we love sweet tea so I stopped that and Diet soda is HORRIBLE for you! I drink only Water and Juices. Juices give me that sugary taste but it's natural fruit sugar...not processed sugar so it's good for you! I weighed 245 on March 2, now April 7 I'm down to 235. Not a HUGE loss but 10lbs is a great start! My mom lost 63 lbs doing what I'm doing now except she walked and I swim. Good luck and keep us posted on how it's going!
Old 04-07-2010, 10:19 AM
FitDay Member

Default My menu that works for me!

Okay so here's my menu (hope you like it!)

7am- light and fit strawberry banana smoothie and/or yogurt and handful of nuts (almonds)

8am- 1-2 cups of coffee with cream and sugar

9am- banana

1030- handful of "craisins trail mix, cranberry and chocolate"

11:00- ham and cheese lean pocket (or) peanut butter and jelly sandwhich (or) lean cuisuin pepporoni pizza and then I add a salad or baked lays chips

1pm- applesauce (or) light butter popcorn

3pm- more craisins trial mix (or) yogurt (or) handful of pretzels

4:30- Dinner! (usually something like: shake and bake chicken breast (boneless and skinless but seasoned soooo good!) mac and cheese or mashed potatoes and then a veggie like brocoli or green beans or peas

Then I swim until about 6-7 and then eat a fruit and nut parfait for my treat! I usually go to sleep around 10!

ALSO: Most times I cook that dinner for my hubby and then I eat it the next day for lunch and whatever I was GOING to eat for lunch that next day (the lean pocket and such) I eat for dinner. That way I eat MORE at lunch and LESS at dinner!

That diet and swimming 3-4 days a week for 30min to an hour has made me lose 10 pounds in 6 weeks! March 2- 245 April 7- 235

I always take one day a week (usually Sat or Sun) to go out to eat and usually get loaded mashed potatoes or baked potatoe and a burger or chicken strips or something.

I try to stay under 1600 cal a day but usually when I go out to eat I only hit 1800-1900 so I'm still good! and The diet I explained above usually only makes me hit 1400-1500 cal a day! And I'm not hungrey~!

I really hope this helps! sorry it's so long~ keep me updated