Notices

Hello from Arkansas!

Old 06-28-2012, 06:56 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hello from Arkansas!

Hi everyone. Just found this site last nite. Reading through a couple of threads, already I'm encouraged and feel I've found the right place! Men, women, and all ages...and the weight losses recorded. Wow! Great job and I'm so proud for y'all! You give me hope! I'm 49, married, kids grown and gone...and it's time to get in control of my life and set new/healthy goals. For years I was a city letter carrier with a walking route in TX. Young, fit, tan...ahhh...those were the days! I resigned after foot surgery went through 7 years of being an Army mom where I put on most my weight gain. I have 50 lbs to lose now. My son was a Ranger/Sniper/Scout/Paratrooper serving with the 82ND & 101ST ABN. Through 2 deployments...let's just say I'm a stress eater. Son is out of the Army now and I'm back at the P.O. again, only carrying a rural route (sub). Not every day, so not enough activity for me to keep weight off, and boy is it difficult for me to get motivated to exercise. I loved finding this great tool to keep track of everything I put in my mouth and I know the forum will give me encouragement! Sorry to write so much...I usually just read, but just wanted to say hello and I wish all of you the best!
Old 06-29-2012, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome! Don't hesitate to ask for advice or encouragement. Congratulations on making the decision to get healthy and thank your to your son for his service!
Old 06-29-2012, 05:39 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you..I appreciate that Ron! This site is taking a little getting used to. Still a lot to learn and my dashboard loads pretty slow for some reason, but I'm learning the basics. Love how everything is tallied and totaled for us. Makes it easier. Just need some "stick-to-it"ness here.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:09 AM
FitDay Member

Hello ! great that you are here! And you are correct it is only through him and the grace provided!,,
Old 06-29-2012, 12:50 PM
FitDay Member

Hey, thanks! Yes...only through Him. : ). You are really doing a great job...19lbs down! I have to ask what the goal "block" is...I mean, how and where do you create one. Are you referring to the block we type our goal weight in? I have much to learn here! Thanks.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

Default The BLOCK

Thanks for asking, ! in any task or journey I feel you have to set goals, (Goals must be measurable, attainable and realistic )a bunch of small ones or one big one, it only matters to the person setting them. so I have 185 pounds to loose, and for me If I said my goal is 185 pounds away, it would seem like forever, so I thought about 18.5 steps of ten pounds and I thought thay they might be too easy so I came up with ten blocks of 18.5 and in my mind that would require a bit more effort all thought weight is weight, and gone is gone!, so answering your question I call my steps or mini goals BLOCKS,

now along my journey begining June 3 2012, I have founs many great things that have been successes,, better sleep, more mobility, people taking notice, feeling menatly sharp er ( hahaha) and today my truck needed some work and I rode my motorcycle to work, I grabbed a vest that snaps closed , the old me would have not been able to snap all the snaps and the ones I did would pop open when I hit a bump!,, well today I snapped it all the way up and it remained snapped all the way to my office,, ( BIG WIN )

keep at it and fight this disease !