Notices

Hello from Indiana

Old 06-26-2012, 10:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hello from Indiana

Hello everyone,

I'm Jeff and just got home from the army last May (when I weighed 185 and was fit), drank a lot of beer during my 'freedom' since and thus gained almost 30% bf which blows my mind. Started with Fitday seriously on Monday already dropped 1% in BF overnight. Am working out lifting, jogging and walking and doing my day job (I'm a writer for the AP and for my own books and freelance producer now). I do like how FD calculates everything for me, does make it a lot easier. My goal is to get back down to 185 by winter (trying for over the next 12 weeks), which means sadly...no beer for 12 weeks. lol Anyway, just wanted to say hello.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:39 AM
FitDay Member

Howdy!

First and foremost, thank you for serving and fighting for mine and my family's freedom!

Lastly, welcome to FitDay...I am new here as well! I hope you can handle the next 12 weeks without beer! I'm sure you'll be fine!
Old 06-26-2012, 07:30 PM
FitDay Member

awesome!
Old 06-27-2012, 05:30 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by holmes1172
Hello everyone,

I'm Jeff and just got home from the army last May (when I weighed 185 and was fit), drank a lot of beer during my 'freedom' since and thus gained almost 30% bf which blows my mind. Started with Fitday seriously on Monday already dropped 1% in BF overnight. Am working out lifting, jogging and walking and doing my day job (I'm a writer for the AP and for my own books and freelance producer now). I do like how FD calculates everything for me, does make it a lot easier. My goal is to get back down to 185 by winter (trying for over the next 12 weeks), which means sadly...no beer for 12 weeks. lol Anyway, just wanted to say hello.

Welcome Jeff,
Glad you found FitDay - it is pretty awesome at keep us accountable. Good luck with the exercise and eating program. I am guessing you'll be one of the success stories before long. Don't hesitate to ask questions and keep us posted on your progress.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

I do have one question...my calories to eat is around 18-1900/daily but my lifestyle calories show around 2761. Does that mean I'm losing around 1,000/day and if so what should that mean in terms of lbs. lost per week?
Old 06-28-2012, 02:42 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I do have one question...my calories to eat is around 18-1900/daily but my lifestyle calories show around 2761. Does that mean I'm losing around 1,000/day and if so what should that mean in terms of lbs. lost per week?
Yup, and that's great. A 1,000 cal a day deficit should, on average, result in a two pound per week loss.

Stay strong on the beer, it's a weakness of mine as well!

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-29-2012, 04:53 AM
FitDay Member

Just to clarify for all the newbies who may be reading. 3500 calories equate to approximately 1 pound of body weight. So if you eat 500 calories a day less than you burn (your Base Metabolic Rate plus exercise/activity) you will lose apprx. 1 pound per week. (500 cal. X 7 days = 3500 cal.) Your 1000 calorie/day deficit will double that so you will lose apprx. 2 pounds/week.

If you set up a weight goal on the Fitday Weght Goal tab it will calculate the deficit you need to attain each day to hit the goal.