Notices

Hazelnut Coffee

Old 06-20-2012, 12:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hazelnut Coffee

This stuff is getting me through my diet. If you can drink it black it's 0 calories and it's really satisfying. The smell is terrific. I've been getting Folger's brand.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:51 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Black coffee is great. Can't stand the flavored stuff, personally. You do have to buy reasonably good coffee to drink it black, IMHO, however.

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-20-2012, 03:52 AM
FitDay Member

I agree with Michael. A good black coffee is awesome. I am a coffee fiend. Before I started my lifestyle change I was drinking 3-5 (or more) coffees a day with cream and sugar (the extra large ones). I was able to cut out a ton of calories by drinking my coffee without anything in it. I either drink the hazelnut, sometimes french vanilla, but mostly just plain old good black coffee. I have to avoid the coffee at the firehouse because it's like tar and without some cream and sugar it's undrinkable. So I have a good collection of travel mugs. Little changes like this have made a huge difference.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:02 PM
FitDay Member

I've been able to cut the sugar from my tea (black in AM, green most the day, and herbal for PM) but WOW, if I could drink coffee with no sugar that would rock much, I still have the occasional cup o'coffee but I add sugar when I do, so I've made myself drink it less and less and miss it something fierce.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:23 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ElaraGloriana
I've been able to cut the sugar from my tea (black in AM, green most the day, and herbal for PM) but WOW, if I could drink coffee with no sugar that would rock much, I still have the occasional cup o'coffee but I add sugar when I do, so I've made myself drink it less and less and miss it something fierce.
Once you train yourself, there is nothing like it. I so look forward to my cups of black coffee. Go on net flix and watch old Twin Peaks episodes. That show makes black coffee look so good.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:01 AM
FitDay Member

Coffee doesn't really burn fat, but it can boost workout performance by as much as 50%.
So in this sense, yes, black coffee does help with weight loss, as long as you exercise. Drink away before you hit the gym.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:06 AM
FitDay Member

I love coffee in general, but I used to drink it with tons of cream & sugar (so much that a guy I used to work with would say that I was making a snickers bar in a cup). Since my lifestyle change I have come to appreciate black coffee. Also, the flavored ones are a nice change of pace. The local general store has a wonderful selection of fresh roasted beans in around 30 different flavors, that you can buy in bulk and grind. I love that isle!! It has the same effect on me that the candy isle used to have....