Notices

how to measure success?

Old 06-26-2012, 12:23 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by botoepfer
just what I was looking for, I must sadly admit I am a vetran looser, having lost near 80# 3 time in my live,and all obviously have been epic failure!, Failure in the sence of not keeping it off, on one of my last Diets I remember thinking yeah ! here I am now I can eat!.. guess what!,, here I am back. so this time I am pissed !, back with a mind set of ready to battle this disease!!, ready to make the lifestyle changes and as you might have guessed, yesterday I had a bad day, I had to deal with a subject that the old me would have went and ate!, but I did not!, along with that mini "win" I hit the scale this morning and I have lost a total of 19 lbs making this my first BLOCK of 18.5 other goals that I have noticed are increased mobility, less pain in my knees and ankles,, much less pulminary adema, and my dang pants are falling off, I am wearing a web style belt so I can cinch it up, but the pants are very soon gone, hahaha

Thank you all!
I am proud of you! Mini wins are wonderful! Make sure you journal that mini win, okay? there are going to be weeks ahead when you might need to look back at today to motivate you through a plateau or a "bad week". I don't know how many times I have to look back at my journal from last year just to see where I have been and how far I have come.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:23 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks frenchhen 3 I will do that !
Old 07-06-2012, 12:20 PM
FitDay Member

Today July 6th I was able to wear a suit I had not been able to fit into scince 2000 when my Dad passed away!. I had to attend and uncles funeral,, he lived a good loing life and was a great human

so this weeks effort is in honor of Uncle Richie Cox! 1926- 2012 rest well !
Old 07-07-2012, 05:57 AM
FitDay Member

I am sure Uncle Richie is smiling at you. I am sure you felt a lot better knowing you had a nice suit to wear for the funeral. Journal this!
Old 07-12-2012, 01:45 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks I will and this am when I jumped on the scale It showed today marked 30lbs off !,, again thanks for the kind words !
Old 07-12-2012, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

Woohoo! 30lbs in a little over a month is awesome! Keep up the good work!!
Old 07-14-2012, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks and thanks for all the help !
Old 07-28-2012, 06:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by botoepfer
this is a general mind set question, having so much to loose I thought for me , my goals have to be realistic , measurable and atainable, this is not new!, so I am looking at my journey in small steps/ blocks of weight gone, so at having 185# to loose should I make my goals TEN steps of 18.5 or EIGHTTEEN steps of 10?? please post up, this is very important to me !

Thanks
Hi B - These are mind tricks I've used. 1) I have 5 pound goals. They're quicker to reach. Less overwhelming. Doable. 2) Daily, I look at the 'Calorie Balance' graph below the 'food log'. Visual evidence of staying within the daily food goal. 3) I DO NOT EVER permanently record any weight gain. Keep it on a sticky note. And I immediately record EVERY weight loss. My scale measures two-tenths of a pound. (I found permanently recording weight gains gets me going in a negative spiral.) 4)Visually seeing my past progress is motivating. More so than numbers. I look at the "Reports" charts and graphs regularily. Ones that motivate me - 'Trends- Calories Eaten vs Calories Burned-Calories Burned Ovetime' and 'Weight-Weight Change'. The little five pound goals add up to impressive visuals. Good luck to you B

Last edited by judyjonesjudy; 07-30-2012 at 08:29 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:35 AM
FitDay Member

Default Wow what great help Thanks to all

today I did my daily weigh in, and as I walked through the closet I found myself looking at bluejeans I have not worn in a great deal of time , I have many sizes., When I started this journey I was wearing size 52 pants I found the BDU style cargo pants light and comfortable however today I slide into some size 48 Jeans easily, after fastening the button, I was able to slide my hands in the waiste band and move them back for forth with room, The 46's are a bit snug!, I am pleased with this and thought I would share it

Thanks for all of the help again !
Old 07-30-2012, 03:49 AM
FitDay Member

Yay for fitting pants that you couldn't before! You are really doing it Bo! Keep up the hard work!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.