Notices

need weight loss partner/team

Old 06-14-2012, 09:51 AM
FitDay Member

Default need weight loss partner/team

Currently a nursing student who is finding out everything I do is wrong wrong wrong. I am 41, 321 lbs. I drink, smoke, and sleep very little. yeah...that is what I thought too...omg this is a challenge. Good thing is I used to be rather conscious of my figure, and I do enjoy running (not at 321 though). I am an aggressive person with a large personality - alpha all the way. I will definitely push you if you can help me stay on track as well

incidentally in nursing skills lab today we did cardio vascular assessment...my peer looked at my legs and said "what is that?". The skin on the lower portion of my legs is darker and splotchy - it is called venous stasis and it results from sedentary lifestyle (gamer), poor nutrition, and obesity. If I do not work this out and lose weight this vascular issue will eventually create an issue of disabling proportions...and I have a child on the way...getting in shape for me is mandatory so i will be hardcore about it...but I would like some peeps along for the ride.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Hi there, welcome to FitDay! This is a great place for motivation and knowledge on this journey. There is a weight loss buddy thread in the Newcomer's section, a 100+ Pounds to Lose thread in the Weight Loss section, and a very active 7 Day Motivational Thread in the Women's Section, just to name a few. Looking forward to getting to know you .
Old 06-18-2012, 11:49 AM
FitDay Member

Default pushing is exactly what I need and what I can give!

Hello there!

so, yes, I "only" have 30lbs to lose, but I can't do it on my own. yes, my weight does not cause any health threat to me. but it has been destroying my mind for ages.

I have not had a single relationship with anyone because I can't stand anyone looking at me when I am naked if I'm not completely drunk.

those sound like petty problems but I'VE HAD IT. i want to stop whining and become a strong person again, one who loves herself enough to be able to love someone else as well and leave her terrible loneliness.

will you help me?

I am a hard worker, I am determined, and would give back every ounce of support.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:07 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by opusarlo
Currently a nursing student who is finding out everything I do is wrong wrong wrong. I am 41, 321 lbs. I drink, smoke, and sleep very little. yeah...that is what I thought too...omg this is a challenge. Good thing is I used to be rather conscious of my figure, and I do enjoy running (not at 321 though). I am an aggressive person with a large personality - alpha all the way. I will definitely push you if you can help me stay on track as well

incidentally in nursing skills lab today we did cardio vascular assessment...my peer looked at my legs and said "what is that?". The skin on the lower portion of my legs is darker and splotchy - it is called venous stasis and it results from sedentary lifestyle (gamer), poor nutrition, and obesity. If I do not work this out and lose weight this vascular issue will eventually create an issue of disabling proportions...and I have a child on the way...getting in shape for me is mandatory so i will be hardcore about it...but I would like some peeps along for the ride.
Originally Posted by sad_artichoke
Hello there!

so, yes, I "only" have 30lbs to lose, but I can't do it on my own. yes, my weight does not cause any health threat to me. but it has been destroying my mind for ages.

I have not had a single relationship with anyone because I can't stand anyone looking at me when I am naked if I'm not completely drunk.

those sound like petty problems but I'VE HAD IT. i want to stop whining and become a strong person again, one who loves herself enough to be able to love someone else as well and leave her terrible loneliness.

will you help me?

I am a hard worker, I am determined, and would give back every ounce of support.
Hi you 2. You have lots of company here. Many of us are in very much the same situation. Jump into a thread, let us get to know you and I am sure that you will find companionship and encouragement, and an occassional kick in the butt when you need it