former weight loser, currently overweight

Community
Notices

former weight loser, currently overweight

Old 06-14-2012, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

Default former weight loser, currently overweight

hi fitday people,
i've done many diets, and all were pretty good for me, and i've lost much weight collectively in the past. still hoping for the mind-set to keep it off for longer than a year. so, here i am, at age 52, single mother to one child age 9, work part-time, and feel tired most days. want to *get out* of my rut!!
anyone else out there like me??? please write back if you want to be in touch on this site and thanks.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:18 AM
FitDay Member

There are many who are like you. You are certainly not alone. I would suggest that to get out of your rut, you find and do something you feel passionate about. Friends to share, diet and workout with would also be great.
I am male, 54, my children are grown. I found that I had gained back all the weight I had once lost (roughly 110 lbs) and find myself starting over. I work full time, go to school full time, and am exhausted all the time.
No, you are not alone. We can turn it around though. Find those friends and that passion and you will.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:56 AM
FitDay Member

I have a day care in my home, the kids and I walk 2 miles every morning. I have two new walkers (5 & 3 1/2 yo) this year that have out grown my stroller and to my surprise They are walking/jogging the two mile in about 38 minutes with no complaints. What I am trying to say is how wonderful it would be for you to involve your 9 year old in your journey to good health. For me in the beginning the hard part was just getting out the door. I wish you luck