Notices

Calculating calories

Old 04-02-2010, 11:54 PM
FitDay Member

Default Calculating calories

Just seeing if this is a fairly accurate measure of the calories I need to lose weight:

My stats
5 foot 7
30 yr old
194lbs

Resting metabolism calories: 1922
Daily calorie needs: (exercise 5 times a week) 2643
Daily Calorie Needs Calculator

You need 2697.4 calories per day to maintain your current weight without exercise.

You need 2632.3 calories per day to reach your goal weight slowly and maintain that weight without exercise.

If you reduce your current caloric intake to 2197.4 calories per day you will lose one pound per week without exercise.

If you increase your current caloric intake to 3197.4 calories per day, you will gain one pound per week.
If you exercise for 30 minutes each day, you will be able to reach your goal weight with 2880.5 calories per day.

If you exercise for 60 minutes each day, you will be able to reach your goal weight with 3196.3 calories per day.
Men's Nutrition Guide Results [nutrition]

Exercise is based around walking/cycling and weights.
Right now im getting about 2000-2200 cals on average with 150g of protein, but my weight doesnt seem to be shifting much at all. Im wondering if im eating too little and burning too much, I probably burn about 400 or so cals a day with exercise. Would I be better increasing my calories to around 2500-2600 and backing off the exercise a little? 2800 seems an awful lot.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:02 AM
FitDay Member

It's worth knowing if this is an estimate of your calorie intake or measured accurately?

I personally found that my estimates of my calorie intake were quite low compared to reality.

How long have you been on this weight loss plan? If you have started in the last couple of weeks you may just need time for your body to get over the shock.