Notices

Stuck? At a plateau?

Old 06-10-2012, 01:23 AM
FitDay Member

Default Stuck? At a plateau?

For a few months I did really well. I lost a little over 30 pounds in about 4 months. But the past two months I have been totally stuck. My weight hasn't fluctuated at all from 163. I tried decreasing my calories, increasing my calories, changing my workout. I'm not sure what else to do.

And 163 is still above my healthy weight range. The highest weight in my weight range is 141.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:54 AM
Super Moderator

I know how frustrating that is! Hang in there...the scale will start to move again.

Changing the calories is one approach, but maybe try changing the composition of your calories (carbs, fat, protein) for a couple weeks. That might help get you over the hurdle.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:27 AM
FitDay Member

You haven't mentioned calorie cycling (zig-zagging). It appears to be the magic bullet to break plateaus. Give it a shot. Most people will break a plateau within 1-2 weeks of cycling. I broke mine twice within a week when I had them.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:38 PM
FitDay Member

Default Body Cleanse

Another thing you can do when your body reaches a "plateau" is do a 21 day cleanse. It will flush out all the old "lingering" toxins and create a clean slate, so to speak. You wanna get rid of what is acting as a burrier.