Notices

Burned Calories ?

Old 06-06-2012, 01:41 PM
FitDay Member

Default Burned Calories ?

Not real sure how the Burned Calories works. Is there a place to find out more about this program?
Old 06-06-2012, 11:57 PM
FitDay Premium Member

I've been using FitDay PC for years, way back in the early 1.0 days through to the present. What sort of questions do you have?
Old 06-07-2012, 03:05 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by LindaPhillips58
Not real sure how the Burned Calories works. Is there a place to find out more about this program?
Have you checked out the "activities" tab? Once you have told FitDay your current weight and picked a daily activity level it will calculate the total number of calories you burn on a daily basis before you add any exercise. The program does tend to over estimate daily calorie requirements, though.

I suspect that this may not be quite what you are asking for. If so, ask again and we'll do the best we can to guide you through.

BTW, once you get the hang of it, it is pretty easy. But I agree that the learning curve can be a little steep sometimes.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:00 AM
FitDay Member

Related question: do the standard activity levels for each day include a typical 8 hours of sleep? Or should nightly sleep be added to the activity?

Thanks!
Old 06-18-2012, 06:30 AM
FitDay Member

My take on burned calories is that it is the amount of calories your body uses to exist under your normal circumstance (that you put in your profile) + the number of calories you burn and log in your activities count.