Notices

SICK of water?

Old 03-31-2010, 05:06 PM
FitDay Member

Lightbulb SICK of water?

Hi everyone!
This is my first thread. I just joined FitDay, so I'm not entirely sure if anyone has covered this..... To be honest, I'm not a big fan of water. Actually, I don't really like drinking unless its coffee or juice; however, being on a diet means you should drink lots and lots of water, which presented a problem for me.
What I've discovered (thanks to living in China) is that water can instantly change into something yummy very easily. HELLO TEA. Personally, I wasn't a big fan of "tea" when I lived in America, but the Chinese take the word 'tea' to a whole new realm. tea is hot water with whatever you want thrown inside. For example:
Green tea with a small piece of orange peel
hot water with a slice of lemon
hot water with dried berries
hot water and cinnamon (really helpful if you have that Christmas dessert craving)
hot water with a few raisins at the bottom (sounds nasty... really tasty, cause the raisins turn sweeter and you can eat them when you finish your tea. same goes with all of the berry teas)
and you can look for some traditional chinese teas. Rose, dandelion, chrysanthemum, wheat (good with your dinner), etc.
they don't come in a tea bag, they are actual dried flowers and fruit that you pour hot water over. for you women, seeing the dried flower bloom in your cup is like treating yourself to something special. very relaxing, and you dont feel like you are depriving yourself of all the good things.
Hope this helps a little!
Old 03-31-2010, 06:24 PM
FitDay Member

Crystal Lite to go saves me!
Dave
Old 03-31-2010, 07:30 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Dave Definitely right. I love crystal lite. I had actually forgotten it existed ha ha. I've never seen it in Japan or China.... makes me miss home a little. the tea might save a couple bucks in the long run, or just give some more options for when youve had your share of lemonade
Old 04-01-2010, 02:54 AM
FitDay Member

ohhhh thanks for those ideas.......i like a cup of tea at night mmm will be trying some new additions with my green tea!
Old 04-01-2010, 11:54 AM
FitDay Member

Chrysanthemum tea in a clear glass teapot is awesome!! I also love loose teas. I'm not a big fan of artificial sweeteners, nutrasweet triggers migraines for me, so tea it is
Old 04-01-2010, 03:23 PM
FitDay Member

lizzycritter if you dont like artificial sweeteners, definitely see if you can find the dandelion tea. Its absolutely beautiful, plus it is naturally sweet. when i want something like that, i dig out my bag of dandelions.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:46 AM
FitDay Member

Not a huge fan of water either, but if you slice up fruit and toss into a pitcher of ice water you have instantly created naturally flavored water. I've dont this with a grapefuit I had in the refridgerator but you could use oranges, or even cucumber and mint. I love this because it is a hint of flavor without added sugar or artificial sweeteners.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:01 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by las07s
What I've discovered (thanks to living in China) is that water can instantly change into something yummy very easily. HELLO TEA. Personally, I wasn't a big fan of "tea" when I lived in America, but the Chinese take the word 'tea' to a whole new realm. tea is hot water with whatever you want thrown inside. For example:
Green tea with a small piece of orange peel
hot water with a slice of lemon
hot water with dried berries
hot water and cinnamon (really helpful if you have that Christmas dessert craving)
I've not been to China, but the British certainly have one over on the Americans when it comes to tea. Thankfully the local health food store has a really good selection. Personally I don't mind water, what I have issues with is city water. I grew up in the country where there was a really awesome spring water well, but now I live in the city where the water tastes like bleach on a good day, and feet the rest of the time. We have a water filter and even still there are days I just can't drink it straight. I'll have to try that berry business, I've got some frozen blueberries and strawberries in the freezer. I wonder if they would work?