Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread 5/28/12...Holiday, Schmoliday, Let's Get it Started! >

7-Day Motivational Thread 5/28/12...Holiday, Schmoliday, Let's Get it Started!

Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 5/28/12...Holiday, Schmoliday, Let's Get it Started!

Old 06-01-2012, 04:12 AM
FitDay Member

I have not fallen off the wagon, really . After losing a couple of long posts earlier this week (darn Apple computer has buttons in different places), and working seriously long days, I took a break from the posting. And I haven't done a single push-up or logged a thing!!! Bad Bad Girl!

I delivered a huge project to my client this week (2.5 yrs of work to get it done), and am leaving on vacation today for a long weekend at the ocean with my family, folks, sister and her family. The food will be high cal I am sure, but I plan to try to limit portion sizes and do a ton of hiking so make up for it. DH is going abalone diving for the first time, and always catches fish, but my brother-in-law will probably bread it and fry it all up, so I need to snag a portion before he gets that far! It will be fun watching DS play with his cousins.

Hope ya'll are having a great week! I plan to post goals again starting Tuesday when I get home. REALLY! The scale tells me it is time to get back to it in a hurry!

Ama
Old 06-01-2012, 06:14 AM
Super Moderator

Okay, I'm behind the 8 Ball on posting so let me try to get this updated

My Goals (from Tori)

1--gallon o' water yes, yes, no, no
2--1% challenge (starting 182.0)
3--2K deficit ???, -599, -138, -285
4--8 miles, gym 3 times 0(no), (0)yes, 0(no), (0)yes
5--all vitamins yes, yes, no, no
6--4 RAKs 1, 0, 0, 0
7--2 policies out of office, 1, 0, out of office

My GF just got back on HCG. After maintaining for well over a year I guess my bad habits have rubbed off on her and she's gained about 10 pounds back. She's going to do ~2 weeks and she's hoping to lose 20 pounds. So what does this mean? It means that I have to tighten up on my diet, which is good. Maybe I can actually get back down to 170... before Tori.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:58 AM
FitDay Member

Got an unexpected half hour to spare today. HS sophomore GD was allowed to come home early today, so I didn't have to sit in the parking lot for half an hour before regular dismissal time in order to get a good parking space.

It's been a wonderful day so far. Every possible snafu on live-in GD's graduation day has been averted so far. (Wow, I'm so grateful to get that kind of break! LOL) Rained this morning but the temp is only 62 and it's supposed to clear up before the ceremony tonight.

We had a lovely breakfast out: Me, DH, live-in GD, her BF and his parents. I ate on-plan: cantaloupe, a delicious omelet with egg substitute, onion, green pepper, tomato and mushrooms, and decaf coffee. Lunch was just an ounce of almonds. I'll have a protein shake for a snack in a bit, and something on-plan for dinner.

Tori, thanks for your prayers and encouragement. Going to the zoo will add some miles of walking. Wishing you a very pleasant weekend and an end to your tears. Big hug to ya.

Joanna, nice report yesterday! Wishing you a relaxing weekend along with some productive studying.

Jho, congrats for being on track yesterday. You've had wonderful reports all week! Kudos on that! Ooh, I remember how hard it was when my wee ones didn't nap. Certainly does make for a long day! I hope you did get to enjoy that relaxing evening with your DH, tea, and Rookie Blue. I got teary-eyed reading about the progress you've made in fitness and your weight since March. That is absolutely wonderful. Funny you brought that up--I was telling my doc Wednesday that I credit my online weight loss support group (THIS group) with helping keep me on track because without you pals, here, I'd still weigh 246 lbs. and be kneeing myself in the belly walking up stairs and getting out of breath just from taking a shower and getting dressed. So I flip the THANK YOU right back to you and all the rest of our group.

Nobe, aw! I'm so darned sorry your day was horrible. I hope you feel better soon and have a wonderful relaxing weekend.

Cassie, wow! You've had really good reports this week. I didn't pledge PCC, but I noticed this morning mine wasn't clear. I've been doing well except on the water but it's been because of running around so much this week and I hate having to stop at a store or restaurant to use their restroom. I hope you get your other report from hell done. thanks for your well-wishes on "my" special day. Funny, even though GD just lives with us, but her Mom is still in charge of more important decisions, I almost feel as if it's a daughter instead of a granddaughter who is graduating. She is getting her first car this weekend and after her insurance is set up, I'll be free of driving her to and from work. YIPPEE!!! GD will be 18 in September and in view of her BF working day shift, her working afternoon shift, and her BF living only a mile from the restaurant where she works, I told her that I was OK with her visiting her BF after work with his parents permission, only if his parents are home, and as long as she is home by 11:30 this summer BUT that she needed to clear it with her Mom first. She did and my daughter told her she needs to be home by 11:00. That gave me a huge chuckle because when my daughter was a teenager we had many arguments over her accusation that I was too strict, and she's even more strict than I was. But she may also have set the earlier curfew out of respect for me and DH so we won't be having to wait up for GD to be sure she got home OK.

Well that's all the time I have for now. Got a couple errands to run. Will catch you all tomorrow.

Last edited by Mern; 06-01-2012 at 07:04 AM.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:14 AM
FitDay Member

Geez Mike - what the heck have you been doing the last 2 days...... By the looks of it, NOTHING According to your report! Did you actually mean to write that she is doing 2 weeks and hoping to lose 20 lbs - that seems a little unhealthy to me but I'm not a professional. What is HCG?

Mern - so glad you are having a wonderful day! The omelet sounds amazing (now I'm drooling). I agree completely - it helps when I know that I have to check in with you guys!

Hope - def try out the zumba on youtube! And if you are feeling brave try it at your gym! Like I said, you can go at your own pace and stand at the back of the class like I do hehe! And don't give up after trying once - the routines seem crazy the first couple of times but it gets easier! Check to see if your gym offers different types of Zumba classes (My gym has a "Zumba Gold" which is a little lower impact than the regular). I really am enjoying the book - not sure if you would call it the best "writing" though - it was hard for me to get used to it being in the first-person but its def got a lot of romance ("romance") and I just get completely enthralled at times!
Old 06-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jho82
Geez Mike - what the heck have you been doing the last 2 days...... By the looks of it, NOTHING According to your report! Did you actually mean to write that she is doing 2 weeks and hoping to lose 20 lbs - that seems a little unhealthy to me but I'm not a professional. What is HCG?
She's one day in and is two pounds down. She'll probably average 1 pound a day. One bottle is for 2 weeks but last time it was just over two weeks/bottle and she continued to lose for a short while after than. So it may take just over 2 weeks, probably 2 1/2 weeks. It's pretty controversial here so I won't get to much into it but there are some threads floating around. Last time it took her a month to lose just over 30#'s.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:15 PM
FitDay Member

1.) Workout x3: 2.5
2.) Stay under 1500 calories/day: 1185, 1298, not sure, 1313, 1295
3.) Drink 64 oz. of water/day: 64 oz., 64 oz., 64 oz., 64 oz., 64 oz.
4.) Start studying for candidacy exam in August: started

Another run of the mill day here today. Do any of you guys watch Doctor Who? I love it! I'm rewatching some of the David Tennant episodes - if you guys like sci-fi, I highly recommend it

Last edited by bojibridge; 06-01-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jho82
Geez Mike - what the heck have you been doing the last 2 days...... By the looks of it, NOTHING According to your report!
Jhold up...You didn't actually think I was going to let this slide for too long did you? Well what have I been doing???
Today I wrote my 2nd policy for the week, saving her just over $1600 for the year.

I did a RAK today... I ordered a LARGE King Cake for a friend in Cali and had it overnight shipped to him, he should get it tomorrow. $65 bucks for a King Cake, really? That must work out to $25 for the King Cake and $40 for shipping!

I paid off Uncle Sam and paid all my bills.

Ran the youngest of the chirrens to the movies

Picked up Pizza Hut for the middle of the chirrens (and me)

Yesterday, my brother needed the office to himself, so I was just a lazy ass then. But hey, Monday was a holiday, I took off yesterday. I probably only worked 20 hours this week b/c I just wasn't feeling it and still got in my two policies.

Oh and now I'm getting suited up with one of the bad ass jackets that I got a smoking deal on and about to go for a nice ride.

Don't hate the playa'... hate the game.
*Hit it Ladies* You know the lyrics, it's time for all to sing along.... "Pimp Daddy, you're the one..."

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 06-01-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:34 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks everyone. My cold hasn't really shown up yet. I have a sore throat and my head feels like cotton candy and I keep getting hot and cold, but that's it. Hopefully it stays that way. Kiddo's nose is still Niagara Falls and I don't want to be sick like that while taking care of him. Fingers crossed.

1) 1,600 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,600) - 1480, 1584, 1528, 2488, 1608 (for 8 calories, I'm counting it!)
2) do 2 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/gardening/Richard Simmons/stationary bike) - 1hr walking/weights, 1.5hrs gardening/weights, painted 7 hrs, nothing, painted 7 hrs
3) 20% protein minimum - 23%, 22%, 18%, 16%, 19%
4) 64oz water minimum - 64oz+, 64oz+, no idea - not enough, 64oz, +64oz
5) calorie deficit 700+ - 729, 735, 1247, +421, 1163
6) take vitamins - yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before - yes, yes, yes, no, yes
Old 06-02-2012, 04:40 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) plan meals- Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes (and it seems to work so far), yes but went off a bit
2)1650 calories MAX- 1420, 1234, 1290, 1556, 1496
3) eat outside when I can -2 meals, too hot by dinner time, Yes, Yes, yes (loving it), yes once before it poured
4) 8 glasses of water - 8, 6, 14!!!!, 9, 8
5) strrretch _ Yes, Yes, yes, Yes, yes
6) gym or walk (even short amounts) 3x- long walk in woods, No, NO, I swear I was about to go, had my athletic shoes on and then was hijacked by DD to go shopping for prom stuff- does mall walking count? (didn't actually do much of that either frankly), 3 mile walk
7) write whatever (journal, free writing) 1 hour per day - yes, Yes, yes, yes, yes
8) 500 words "real" writing 5x this week - Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
9) book tix for Fla -not yet, no, no, looked at prices - too high, no
10) meditate - no, no,yes, no, no
11) stop thinking I am the worst parent in the world - started out bad but then OK and back again when I see my DD unhappy and struggling (especially due to a very troubled friend she feels responsible for), trying, getting better, yes, yes
12 be present - Yes, yes, half and half, yes, yes
13) 5 fruits/veg per day (just added this one) yes, yes, no-4, yes, yes

Jho, Zumba will have to wait but maybe reading 5 Shades is something I can do flat on my back...
My back pain is invading my body and life like Godzilla on a small Japanese city. Will read other posts and respond later.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:54 AM
FitDay Member

Default Jumping in midweek!

I've started losing again and want to keep it up. So my goals are to lose a pound this week, drink enough water to actually do in my thirst, exercise as many days as possible and enjoy my veggies. Today's goals are pared down due to a skanky headache: do as much housework as I can without aggravating said headache and see if I can handle a walk by evening.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.