Notices

Snack attack

Old 06-01-2010, 04:11 PM
FitDay Member

Default Yummy snack

These little balls of heaven are EASY and HEALTHY* and AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS.

4 ingredients: walnuts (1 c.), dates (1 1/3 c.), cocoa (4T), vanilla (1t).

1 utensil: food processor, blender, magic bullet, whatever result: divine Takes under ten minutes to prepare from start to finish. Pull everything out of the pantry, blend, roll into balls. Done.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:53 PM
FitDay Member

Almonds (no salt), Sunflower seeds (hulled) and Popcorn help get me through my snack attacks!
Old 06-14-2010, 09:53 AM
FitDay Member

Default My answer to the sweet snack craving

I dip a banana in the sugar free chocolate pudding it makes me think that I'm splurging by eating a chocolate covered banana. It is wonderful.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:41 PM
FitDay Member

MMM.. a cup of frozen strawberries in the food processor with ehh 3/4 cup vanilla soy milk! Yummy homemade ICE CREAM!!

And Watermelon (in season of course!)
Old 06-15-2010, 05:00 AM
FitDay Member

These are great ideas!!

Mine that haven't been mentioned: sour French pickles called cornichons, olives (I love the big green Spanish cerignolas that take a few bites per pop), soy nuts, dried fruit and nut mix, chick pea or black bean salad, lemon red lentil soup, veggie soup, miso soup, edamame, a jolly rancher, Nips.

(the soups I make at home and bring to work)
Old 06-18-2010, 07:45 AM
FitDay Member

let's see...

I like to cut up a cucumber at night and squeeze a lemon over it along with chili powder and a little cayenne pepper, and let it refrigerate over night for the next day's snack.

handful of almonds
hot tea
apple w/teaspoon peanut butter
english muffin (wheat or sourdough) with teaspoon peanut butter
greek yogurt with frozen blueberries or strawberries
slice of lunch meat (sliced by butcher in deli) wrapped in romain lettuce leaf and slice of cheese
hard boiled egg with dollop of light mayo on top
sugar snap peas (raw)
celery w/light cream cheese or peanut butter
triscuits w/light cream cheese and slice of cucumber on top

that's all i can think of for now...this is the first time I've posted on Fitday, though I have been using it for years on and off...i just looked back at 4 years ago and saw that I was 8 pounds lighter, which is where I should be now I'm 5'8 and 158 pounds (with a lot of muscle as I do weight train 3 days a week) but in all honesty I think I should really aim for 145...
Old 06-21-2010, 10:02 AM
FitDay Member

One of my favorite snacks is Jello sugar-free fat-free pudding with fat-free coolwhip. I put it in little half-cup serving containers with a crumbled up low-fat graham cracker at the bottom. That really helps when I get sweet cravings. I also like to wrap up veggies (spring mix, cucumber, tomato, yellow peppers, etc) in a lite whole wheat tortilla with a wedge of lite Laughing Cow cheese (the herbed kind). Yum!
Old 06-22-2010, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

I LOVVVVVE salsa- so a snack to me that is great is: white chedder rice cakes topped with a little salsa.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

Lots of good ideas! I eat greek yogurt all the time, but it never occurred to me to make veggie dip with it! YUM!

Some of my favorite snacks (that I didn't see listed) are:

Alternative bagel w Laughing Cow light cheese wedge- 145 cal.
Hostess 100 calorie packs (the coffee cake is my favorite)
Low fat ice cream shake w almond milk, protein powder & flax (8 oz. for 200 cal.)
Frozen grapes
Peanut butter filled pretzels
Special K protein bars
Old 07-21-2010, 01:24 AM
FitDay Member

CHOCOLATE-PEANUT BUTTER NO BAKE BARS
Half cup 1% milk
8 tablespoons of Smart Balance (1 stick margarine; your choice)
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
Half cup of sugar (use less if desired) Splenda may work. I am not sure how it would equal out.
3 cups of oats
1 cup of all natty peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Mix milk, sugar, cocoa powder, and Smart Balance together. Bring it to a boil. Remove from heat.

Stir in the peanut butter, oats, and the vanilla extract. Stir until well combined.

Spread in a cake pan (9 by 13 or so).

Refrigerate at least 2 or 3 hours.

Cut into bars or just spoon out.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.