Notices

Looking for support... it's a long road

Old 05-21-2012, 04:47 PM
FitDay Member

Default Looking for support... it's a long road

I have been a lurker in the online world and never sought support or interaction regarding weight issues.

After serial failures, I think it is time to try something new. Hence this posting. I will try to post weekly from here and see how long it is til I drop out... wish me luck (and fortitude).

Having had childhood onset obesity, I am about 50 and 6' and weigh ca. 350. Like the poem about little girls, when I am good I am very very good (alas) when I am bad I am horrid. I love over-consumption... but enough detail.

I am going to target a weight loss of 70 pounds over the next 7 months... a bit aggressive but I would love to end the year at the much healthier weight of 280. (after I hit 280 we can talk....)

My interim goal is to break 300 (-50 pounds) in 3 months (end of August).

Any comments or ideas will be appreciated... thanks for your support.

Lucius
Old 05-22-2012, 12:46 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome! Let me tell ya', FitDay is the only thing that has worked for me long-term. And if you commit to it, it DOES work, even if you (like myself) are far from perfect.

50 pounds in three months is aggressive, but where you're just starting out, entirely doable if you do your part.

I sure hope you stick around and let us know how you're doing, and don't hesitate to ask should you desire help or advice.

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-24-2012, 11:50 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, I'm Roger, 46, 5'6, 70kg (sorry for the European measurements) and today I discovered Fitday… I guess I'm in my midlife crisis and have decided to lose my love handles and double chin. Via an internet add I clicked on Lee Caleb's Superdiet program and ended up paying 47 dollars. The things I've gotten out of this, is what I could have gotten out of Youtube as well, but I just needed the motivation I guess. The MOST important impulse, however, is that from the program I got encouraged to add 2 fastening days into my week. This seems harsh, but it's completely doable - and after my first one yesterday I actually felt better! 1 or 2 days fastening a week is not health threatening and allows you to eat your favorite food more often. I combine this with callanetics such as jumping jacks and push ups.

My goal is to lose 6 kilos in 3 months, so not really aggressive and I don't need to lose more, but I really need to get rid of my LH's, 'titties' and chubby cheeks.

Hope to be able to report weekly as well.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by luciuscincinnatus
I have been a lurker in the online world and never sought support or interaction regarding weight issues.

After serial failures, I think it is time to try something new. Hence this posting. I will try to post weekly from here and see how long it is til I drop out... wish me luck (and fortitude).

Having had childhood onset obesity, I am about 50 and 6' and weigh ca. 350. Like the poem about little girls, when I am good I am very very good (alas) when I am bad I am horrid. I love over-consumption... but enough detail.

I am going to target a weight loss of 70 pounds over the next 7 months... a bit aggressive but I would love to end the year at the much healthier weight of 280. (after I hit 280 we can talk....)

My interim goal is to break 300 (-50 pounds) in 3 months (end of August).

Any comments or ideas will be appreciated... thanks for your support.

Lucius
i'm inspired by the fact that you haven't given up, and that you take your health seriously. a lot of people who reach this stage just don't care any more, and don't keep track of their dietary habits and all. how are you doing so far, according to your goals?
Old 05-28-2012, 01:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rogerbosch
Hi, I'm Roger, 46, 5'6, 70kg (sorry for the European measurements) and today I discovered Fitday… I guess I'm in my midlife crisis and have decided to lose my love handles and double chin. Via an internet add I clicked on Lee Caleb's Superdiet program and ended up paying 47 dollars. The things I've gotten out of this, is what I could have gotten out of Youtube as well, but I just needed the motivation I guess. The MOST important impulse, however, is that from the program I got encouraged to add 2 fastening days into my week. This seems harsh, but it's completely doable - and after my first one yesterday I actually felt better! 1 or 2 days fastening a week is not health threatening and allows you to eat your favorite food more often. I combine this with callanetics such as jumping jacks and push ups.

My goal is to lose 6 kilos in 3 months, so not really aggressive and I don't need to lose more, but I really need to get rid of my LH's, 'titties' and chubby cheeks.

Hope to be able to report weekly as well.
looking forward to your success! =]
is anyone anywhere can do it, you can do it too, and much better. just keep track and stay focused.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:17 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Stanislav. I've come to the shocking conclusion that, with the method I'm using, I have lost nearly 2 kilos in the last week. In addition to my diet, I'm doing a 10-15 minutes sprint-walk interval session each morning (except after my fasting days), and I've discovered some good series on Youtube of 4 minute warmup/weight loss exercises that everyone can easily do at home.

What about your own plan?