Notices

5/14/12 If you build a Motivational thread they will come

Old 05-17-2012, 12:13 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie - I wouldn't call Frozen yogurt cheating!! I would call the chocolate that I just ate cheating though... only a couple small pcs - a couple pcs that I didn't need but too late now!!

Feeling a bit lazy right now.... I've been running around all day preparing for the open house but I think I still need to get some quality weightlifting in. Maybe I will feel like hoppin on the Elliptical afterwords while I wait in anticipation for GREYS!! Maybe not....GGGGAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Old 05-17-2012, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

Jho, you're doing great but really... 80 oz. of water? Why regress?
Old 05-17-2012, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Muna! Welcome back! I was just thinking about you a couple days ago. Congrats on your pregnancy and I hope it goes smoothly for you .

Tracey, sorry for your sad news. Cyber hug to you. Take care.

Jho, you're doing great this week! Your calorie overage was so small, you already made up for it earlier in the week. Hope you got some great exercise in tonight. I call my froyo a cheat because it can be a real trigger food for me. Indeed, I ate more than planned tonight, but at least the overage was in organic pretzels. Will try to make up those calories over the next couple days

As my son once said, when he was quite young, everything was going okay, and then suddenly it wasn't okay!

1. Calories below 1300. 1090, 1297, 1298 (sheesh!), 1428
2. Exercise 6 hours. 30 min, 30 min, 60 min, 60 min
3. 2 big sports bottles water. Yes, No-1.5, Yes, Nope
4. Sleep 7 hours. 6.5, 7, 7, I wish...it was 5
5. Eat clean. Yes, Except for the peppermints at the office, Yes, Except for the fat free froyo and two Life Savers
6. Log everything; post it daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
7. Name an excuse I've used, and shoot it down. 1. "It's a special occasion." This time of year, there is always a 'special occasion'. If I let things lax for every one of them, I'll never be on plan. I can celebrate the occasion without eating junk. 2. "I'm too busy." What exactly are my priorities here? Work or health? I have to make the tough choices until I learn to juggle everything even when things are crazy (no pun intended). Yes, exercise takes time, but it takes the same amount of time to make a good food choice as a bad one. Exercise relieves stress, so I should do it even more so now! "I'm going to be up late working; I need the energy." I'll have more energy if I fuel myself the smart way than if I snack my way through the night. This is not college and my metabolism knows that! "I had a good workout so I can eat more." Yeah, if I want to stay the same weight, instead of getting back to my preferred weight!

Have a wonderful night, y'all!
Old 05-17-2012, 03:31 PM
FitDay Member

1) 1,600 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,600) - 1331, 1319, 1528, 1580
2) do 2 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/Richard Simmons/stationary bike) - 2hrs gardening (I'm counting it!)/1hr+ walking, 1hr gardening/1hr+walking, 2hrs shopping and walking/20 mins stationary bike, painted 7hrs
3) 20% protein minimum - 26%, 17%, 29%(!), 19%
4) 64oz water minimum - 64oz+, 64oz, 64oz+, no idea
5) calorie deficit 700+ - 1167, 933, 751, 1188
6) take vitamins - yes, yes, yes, yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before (except Sunday night because apparently I'm hooked on Celebrity Apprentice) - no, no, no, no
Old 05-18-2012, 12:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by traceymc1985
I promise i will taste a cream tea when i can afford the calories- but it would have to be in a proper tea shop!
I agree on tea having to be proper- mine is Yorkshire Tea- once i tasted it there was no going back.
There must be foods though that only the Americans do best??? I seen a product in the shop called fluff thats new over here- like melted marshmallow- i love toasted marshmallow!
Peanut butter, pork rinds and bacon butter cheeseburgers. Which might go a ways towards explaining why we're so fat as a nation eh?

I totally agree on the proper tea shop business. My workout partner and I are discussing the idea of opening a tea shop here in the US. She makes the most amazing cupcakes and I make confections. There is a business for sale cheap. I gotta get going I have a meeting in 20 minutes.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:11 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Goals for the Week

1. Calories around 1000 - M:N, T:Y, W:N, TH:Y
2. Walk or exercise every day - M:Y, T:Y, W:Y, TH:N
3. Water - 100+ oz daily - M:Y, T:N, W:Y, TH:Y
4. Log activities - M:Y, T:Y, W:Y, TH:Y
5. Bed by 11 pm - M:N, T:N (11:30), W:Y, TH:N (11:45)
6. 1/2 day hike this weekend

Feel much more positive this morning - down 2 pounds for the week so far. I'm feeling more focused, but so much more to do.

I wish I had time to make comments on everyone's posts this week - I've been reading and cheering the celebrations and feeling the sorrow.

The day is starting. I have an install in an hour and I need to go load the vehicle and head out.

Stay focused to the goal everyone!
Old 05-18-2012, 02:24 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness/Lifestyle
1. Drink min 80oz of WATER! Y, Y, Y, Y
2. PM workout Mon/Wed/Fri(at least)!! Y:22m, Y:32m(bonus#1), Y:32m
3. Min 60 crunches/day! Y, Y, Y, Y
4. 5 Pushups (straight leg)/ 10 pushups (knees)! Y, Y, Y, Y
5. Calories below 1300/day! Y:1265, Y:1271, N:1359, Y:1139
6. Check in min 2x/day! Y, Y, Y, Y
7. Don't crash and burn on the weekend! WEEKEND WARRIORS UNITE!!!

MIKE: (you may have missed my first post of the week – read below)

“I'm going back to the basics - this includes my water intake - I'm dropping to 80oz from my attempt at 100oz - sorry Mike I just haven't been able to do it.... and because I was feeling discouraged about it I would give up before I even stood a chance - MIND OVER MATTER.... the mind is a very powerful thing. I've said this before and truly believe it. When I aimed for 80oz I was getting 80-100 easily but as soon as I bumped it up to 100 I felt like I couldn't reach that goal and would give up so my water intake has been crap lately. This is not an excuse - I really do believe that I will do better at 80oz. I'm already at 30 oz and its only 1030am. I hope you can understand Mike - its nothing personal - its not you, its me LOL “

Cassie – I can understand the trigger food. You are doing awesome with your exercises! I couldn’t pull enough energy to get my bonus in but I’m going to aim for 42m on the Elliptical tonight (+weights) – I’ve only done it a couple of times. I love your son’s quote! So cute! AND is it wrong that every excuse you’ve posted I’ve literally said “oh yep I’ve used that one!”…. every one!

Nobe – your report looks awesome too – Except for lights out! I find it more difficult to get up in the morning – I usually have no problem getting to bed early! What is keeping you up? How is your restless leg?

Jeanne – glad you are feeling positive! Congrats on the -2 already! YAY!!

Got another busy day of finishing up the laundry and mopping the floors! What an exciting life I live! Maybe I’ll even get outside for a little bit to rake the grass and weed the garden! WOOHOO!
Old 05-18-2012, 02:31 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jho82
MIKE: (you may have missed my first post of the week – read below)

“I'm going back to the basics - this includes my water intake - I'm dropping to 80oz from my attempt at 100oz - sorry Mike I just haven't been able to do it.... and because I was feeling discouraged about it I would give up before I even stood a chance - MIND OVER MATTER.... the mind is a very powerful thing. I've said this before and truly believe it. When I aimed for 80oz I was getting 80-100 easily but as soon as I bumped it up to 100 I felt like I couldn't reach that goal and would give up so my water intake has been crap lately. This is not an excuse - I really do believe that I will do better at 80oz. I'm already at 30 oz and its only 1030am. I hope you can understand Mike - its nothing personal - its not you, its me LOL “
Oh, sorry, I did miss it.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, thank you for the instructions. Even when you have your own very serious issues going on, you are so sweet and helpful.

And for that you deserve....

www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/2/banana.gif

Mern, its' not working!!! I tried to copy and paste...

Hope is hopeless.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Jho82
Nobe – your report looks awesome too – Except for lights out! I find it more difficult to get up in the morning – I usually have no problem getting to bed early! What is keeping you up? How is your restless leg?
Nothing useful. Usually tv.If I watch something that starts at 10, and then have my bath, it's usually 11:30 before I go to bed. Wednesday I had high hopes - was going to watch Criminal Minds at 9 and have my bath at 10 and go to bed....well, the season finale was two hours long. I need to stop checking what's on at 10 and getting sucked into something, and just go read a book before bed.

No restless legs since I gave up chocolate!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.