Notices

Need drink suggestions please

Old 05-03-2012, 11:39 PM
FitDay Member

Question Need drink suggestions please

Hi, I am a coca cola addict. I am 100 lbs overweight and was drinking up to 7 cans a day. I know this is hard to believe but I do not overeat. In fact, I have a pituitary disorder that makes me nauseated most of the time so that's why I was living on coke and saltines. I never crave sweets because I get so much sugar in my cokes. I dropped down to 2 a day three days ago and I've lost 6 lbs. The problem is that EVERY sugar substitute out there gives me a migraine. I have tried them all. I'm now drinking tons of ice water which my doctor swears burns calories because your body has to use energy to heat it up for your stomach. However, I need some alternatives. I love water. but I need something to replace it now and then. I would appreciate any help. Thanks so very much.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:45 PM
FitDay Member

Home brewed iced tea (black tea) and green tea.

You've tried EVERY sweetener, really?

Have you tried stevia? It's NATURAL. And you don't need much of it to sweeten.

The two brands I've had success with are:

1) "Stevia in the Raw" (fairly cheap, with a SLIGHT aftertaste that's not bad. It's good for iced tea because it adds a freshness taste to it)

2) "SweatLeaf". This is more expensive than SITR, but it has NO AFTERTASTE whatsoever and even contains prebiotic fiber for good health.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:55 PM
FitDay Member

Default Soda addict!

i see you. i too became addicted to soda. it would be hard to eliminate them at once. what i did was, i took smaller sips and made a can of soda last for 2-3 hours. when i crave for soda, i would drink water first. i lost 5 pounds when i reduced my soda intake.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:52 PM
FitDay Member

Try Kombucha as long as you're sure you're not pregnant (it can contain traces of alcohol). It's bubbly like soda from the probiotics in it.

Also why not drink some fruit juice that's watered down? That way you can get the flavor of the fruit juice without as many calories.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:19 AM
FitDay Member

I know that the aroma of Lemon helps with nausea. Perhaps make a fizzy lemonade with club soda and a squeeze of lemon and a teaspoon or so of either cane sugar or honey? (<Sarcastic gasp> CANE SUGAR??? It will still be far less than what is in your soda.)
Old 05-09-2012, 08:10 AM
FitDay Member

Hello, just wanted to give my two cents, are you sure the migraine is from the sweeteners? I have noticed when I cut back on sodas the caffeine withdrawals gave me the worst headache ever! But just pop a couple tylenol and in a couple days you wont get them anymore!
- Renee
Highest Weight:215 lbs
Start Weight (this time) 4/12/12: 189 lbs
Current Weight 5/3/12: 183 lbs
Old 05-09-2012, 08:17 AM
FitDay Member

I will sometimes add lemon or cucumber slices to my water. it makes a nice change and you can leave them in a jug in the fridge for a day or two. green tea has been my best cola replacement. It can be done I've kicked my cola habit and can even enjoy the odd can now without getting hooked. I used to drink a 4 or 5 cans or a 2 litre bottle a day. Mary