Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Hey fattie, your excuses are why you are fat! >

Hey fattie, your excuses are why you are fat!

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Hey fattie, your excuses are why you are fat!

Old 10-18-2010, 01:41 PM
FitDay Member

If you are eating enough food and healthy, and getting some exercise, maybe you are already at the best weight for your body, if that is where you have been for a long time. Starting on the famine/feast cycle is so counterproductive in the long run. If you like how you look, never mind the scale.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by noelminneci
If you are eating enough food and healthy, and getting some exercise, maybe you are already at the best weight for your body, if that is where you have been for a long time. Starting on the famine/feast cycle is so counterproductive in the long run. If you like how you look, never mind the scale.
I agree.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

I figured since there are a lot of new member that I'd bump this.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I figured since there are a lot of new member that I'd bump this.
Glad you did!

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 12-08-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC
Glad you did!
why not again, right? Some time has past since I started this, I'm no longer 38... I've hit the big 40 and still going strong.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 05-29-2011 at 06:13 AM.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:55 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for bumping this. I did not read the entire thread but I did enjoy the first several pages. Most people are looking to have their hand held when they ask for support but in many instances the best way to support them is to give them the kick in the pants that they need.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:27 PM
FitDay Member

Wow, just read the whole thread, very nice stuff here.
Can't believe I missed it when I did the whole "I'm new have to read every single thing on this site" when I joined. Oh well, got a few more quotes written on my quote sheet (/sigh, need to retype it again!), very good read. Thanks.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:12 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DancinBear2
Thanks for bumping this. I did not read the entire thread but I did enjoy the first several pages. Most people are looking to have their hand held when they ask for support but in many instances the best way to support them is to give them the kick in the pants that they need.
Some people do well having their hand held, but many times the person holding their hand ends up having to drag them along.

Originally Posted by wowgirl88
Wow, just read the whole thread, very nice stuff here.
Can't believe I missed it when I did the whole "I'm new have to read every single thing on this site" when I joined. Oh well, got a few more quotes written on my quote sheet (/sigh, need to retype it again!), very good read. Thanks.
I'm glad that you found it useful. Maybe your quotes will help you through P90X.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:02 AM
FitDay Member

Default My first post

This is my first post on this site, so I thought I would make it a good one and your thread jumped out at me, mainly because I was called fattie by a bunch of young punk kids in a car driving by while I was with my family. At first I was offended and hurt and near tears. Now a few weeks later I realize that was probably the best thing that happened to me to help me get motivated to be better than I am currently.

I was a bit offended by your post, but not because you posted it or what you said, but because those are the excuses I have been using and I was offended at myself and my behaviour. I'm better than this, better than this life style. So thank you for posting it and I agree with everything you said.

I suffer from arthritis in my lower back, sever spinal compression and hypothyroidism. But does that really mean I can't do anything to help myself? NO, NO, NO, and a resounding final NO.

So I went out and got an eliptical, as it's easy on my joints and causes me no back pain. I also smartened up, got a GOOD pair of shoes and start walking with my neighbours. But beyond all that I changed my eating habits to a more healthy lifestyle change.

I'm proud to report that in this week of my total overhaul lifestyle change, I've lost 8 pounds. 8 pounds this week! Now I understand it won't always happen, I'm just glad it has started.

So thank you for your verbal slap and wake up!
Old 06-16-2011, 05:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mdkm1980
This is my first post on this site, so I thought I would make it a good one and your thread jumped out at me, mainly because I was called fattie by a bunch of young punk kids in a car driving by while I was with my family. At first I was offended and hurt and near tears. Now a few weeks later I realize that was probably the best thing that happened to me to help me get motivated to be better than I am currently.

I was a bit offended by your post, but not because you posted it or what you said, but because those are the excuses I have been using and I was offended at myself and my behaviour. I'm better than this, better than this life style. So thank you for posting it and I agree with everything you said.

I suffer from arthritis in my lower back, sever spinal compression and hypothyroidism. But does that really mean I can't do anything to help myself? NO, NO, NO, and a resounding final NO.

So I went out and got an eliptical, as it's easy on my joints and causes me no back pain. I also smartened up, got a GOOD pair of shoes and start walking with my neighbours. But beyond all that I changed my eating habits to a more healthy lifestyle change.

I'm proud to report that in this week of my total overhaul lifestyle change, I've lost 8 pounds. 8 pounds this week! Now I understand it won't always happen, I'm just glad it has started.

So thank you for your verbal slap and wake up!
Thanks for this. It is so reminiscent of a few happenings in my life as well as a few of the steps I've taken.

I've always had an excuse.

Have you seen my parents? It's genetic.
Well, my mom lost 70 pounds in a year and she looks like a disco doll now.
I have plantar facitis. My foot is killing me.
I got a brace at the drug store to sleep in. It kills me for a few months a year. It is completely caused by my weight. Fix the weight- fix the foot.
I eat so well. I even grow a vegetable garden.
Well sure I eat well. 1 meal a day tops. The rest of the day was crap. I assure you.
I am so active. I walk everywhere in the city. I can really move.
Yes. Active does not mean I was achieving a cardio level that would promote weight loss. Big difference.

And the crown on this castle-o-crap was:
I am missing most of my thyroid.
After years of looking for thyroid cancer (shadows on a routine thyroid ultrasound showed tumors that weren't there), I was diagnosed with hemi agenesis of the thyroid. In English, that means that the entire left lobe, the isthmus and 60% of the right lobe are missing. I was born without it.
But you know what? Tiny little 40% of half-a-thyroid still works.

So here I am, walking up 9th Avenue in Hells Kitchen and some dude makes a comment about my 'fat ass'. It wasn't derogatory either. He was saying something that he though would get my attention. Funny thing happens with fat chicks. Some guys think that because you are fat, any scrap of man will do. I had a tally running at one point. Nine men had asked me for my number or out or whatever. 6 of them were married. 4 of those 6 didn't think I would mind. Well, I mind. And I'm sure your wife does too.
I am no longer married to a terrible person because 5 years ago some little piece of me thought I was better than that. Because I am. Now a BIG GIANT piece of me thinks I am better than what keeps coming to the plate. I have to care about me, a quality human being, before I can expect another quality human being to WANT to care about me.

So I'm there. I'm relatively new here. I am down more than 40 pounds since March 17th. I fell like a million bucks and I look forward to looking like a million bucks.

Carly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.