Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Hey fattie, your excuses are why you are fat!

Old 08-12-2010, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all, i wanted to post a video here that i struck a cord with me. YouTube - Tri Delta - Fat Talk Free Week

Each time I read the subject line of this thread it made me cringe a little bit as inside. I felt hurt even though I know it wasn't aimed at me. We are all motivated differently and I support everyone is finding what works best for them. I just thought I would post this video here and say that I personally pledge to make every effort to stop myself from fat talk.

I am aware that this video is about women, but I believe fat talk affects a lot of my guy friends as well.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by anad64
.. makes not sense to even try post it here....

yeah, all the OP said is written in stone, the weight loss is matter of black or white and you guys figured it all out as 1.2.3.

congrats
that's the wonderful thing, we don't have to all agree. My point to me posting this is that our (yours, mine, and probably the next person to reply) excuses are getting in our way of our success.

If you don't think that your excuses hindered you at all, then good for you. I know better... my excuses got in my way and like I said, it wasn't until I dropped my excuses that I started seeing results. I was to blame b/c my job changed and I didn't.

I've heard your excuse about gaining weight when you quit smoking. Did quitting smoking in itself result in you gaining weight or was it the need to have something in your mouth? If you didn't eat more (or move less) and you gained weight JUST BECAUSE you quit smoking then maybe there are other issues going on. If you did gain b/c you ate more then an excuse just may be your issue. It's up to you to do what's right for you.

I was just trying to offer some motivation and strike some nerves, to be honest... mission accomplished!
Old 08-12-2010, 07:51 AM
Super Moderator

Default do what

Originally Posted by blackrhino2
Hi all, i wanted to post a video here that i struck a cord with me. YouTube - Tri Delta - Fat Talk Free Week

Each time I read the subject line of this thread it made me cringe a little bit as inside. I felt hurt even though I know it wasn't aimed at me. We are all motivated differently and I support everyone is finding what works best for them. I just thought I would post this video here and say that I personally pledge to make every effort to stop myself from fat talk.

I am aware that this video is about women, but I believe fat talk affects a lot of my guy friends as well.
I haven't watched the video b/c I'm at work, but will later.

As far as fat talk, I know I was fat, I can admit and there is no reason to beat around the bush. I don't like to sugar coat my words, b/c then I'd end up eating them!

I think that many people here and in life in general coddle each other, thus adding to the problem. Yes we all have our problems, depression, anxiety, diabetes, hypothyroidism, bad home life, etc, etc. BUT WE NEED TO GET PAST THAT AND DO WHAT'S RIGHT FOR OUR HEALTH.

I forgot to mention that when I was FAT, my cholesterol was like 260 something, now it's like 130 something. Where would my cholesterol be if I didn't admit to MYSELF that I was fat??? Maybe 280??

I guess we need to pick our battles, I chose to take on a healthy lifestyle and enjoy life... not to be thin skinned and worry what others thought of me. I didn't care what others thought about me... I didn't like me!
Old 08-16-2010, 12:33 AM
FitDay Member

This is a really great thread, have enjoyed reading through the discussion so far! At 6ft and 310lbs I'm obese and I know it. I don't tend to 'excuse' my eating habits in so much that I tend to just ignore it. I suppose it's weak will, but when I indulge in eating crap, I KNOW I'm being an idiot, for the most part I know I could get by without doing it and sometimes as I literally walk into a takeaway or pick up crap from the store shelf I might even be yelling at myself inside about it... yet I still do it. The only person to blame is myself and I think a large part of it is laziness too. Buying takeout instead of cooking, or 'cooking' crap because sticking a tray of fries and a couple of burgers in the oven for 30 minutes is easier than preparing a balanced meal.

Maybe this time will be THE time, reading around threads like this one and starting the Fit Day log are really proving to be an inspiration, it helps to be able to so easily and clearly measure what I'm doing to myself and see what work I need to do to start sorting myself out. I know I can 'resist' and get through the day yet it just seems too easy to succumb, really need to work hard on getting past this attitude and getting things under control. I'd love to lose a hundred pounds or so, but for now any weight loss will be an achivement...

Last edited by caimanreid; 08-16-2010 at 07:57 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:34 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Caiman, I like reading this thread for motivation, too. Congrats to you for making the first step to improving your health and well-being. Just take it one day at time. Every decision made in the interest of your well-being is an achievement, including all the times you resist eating garbage. Remember that telling yourself "I can't" is just as much as an excuse as any other, because you can. I wish you all the best.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:17 AM
FitDay Member

I joined FitDay for the 3rd time in as many years. Last year I did great, exercised, ate right and felt pretty darn good. I also got my cholesterol down some, my blood sugar down to normal, my calcium up where it belongs. And then....I don't know what happened....I just quit!! It was kind of weird. I suddenly stopped caring about any of it. I started eating whatever I wanted and no exercising anymore....and I have gained back every pound I lost plus 3!!

I don't kid myself, I know I am fat, I feel fat, I look fat and I hate it. I know what has to be done in order to be successful, I just have to CARE! Why I stopped caring I really don't know. I feel like I care now...but for how long? How does a person STAY motivated. I mean I proved I CAN do it, but I stopped caring. I don't want that to happen again!!
Old 08-19-2010, 03:53 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Floatalicious
How does a person STAY motivated.
for me, I enjoy posting my progress videos on YouTube, it keep me accountable. I also keep an old pain of my "fat" pants and a shirt. When I'm feeling unmotivated I slip them on and let them fall right off.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:56 PM
FitDay Member

Default Yes - My excuses are why...

Thanks 01gt4.6. I found and started on FitDay yesterday, after having made what seemed like an easy choice, get fit and live, or die before my time. I've recently got enganged to someone I want to spend the rest of my life with, though how long was that was gonna be given my weight? And of course ther are the health problems that can be associated with it.

So funnily enough this was the first Thread I read through, and it spoke volumes to me.

Cutting a long story short, I've immediately changed my food intake, added lots of water, and me (well g/f) decided to go to Swim Fit at the local pool last night. And at some point about 2 hours before we were supposed to go, the excuses started flying. I was "too tired", "exhausted" even, it was actually true that I was very tired (I don't get much sleep with my work being on call overnight and expected to do a full days on top). but it was still an excuse.

Then it happened, I remembered everything you'd put in the first post of this thread, all the types of excuses, and thought - I am such an idiot!

So we went. And it was hard, very hard, sometimes I thought I was gonna drown, or my heart was gonna burst outta my chest (a-la Alien), but I started to remember why it was I used to go swimming every day when I was a younger. I'm sore this morning, but not as much as I thought I'd be. I'm much happier for doing it, and am really looking forward to the next session.

We did all the weighing and measuring last night of my 'Starting' position, and tonight we take the 'Photos' (it was great to see the ones posted on here - good idea).

Big thanks 01gt4.6 and thanks to my wonderful g/f for keeping me on the straight and narrow (on day one ), and teaching me...

Rule #1 - Thou shalt NOT make excuses to avoid exercise
Old 08-20-2010, 04:48 AM
Super Moderator

Otis,

Thanks and I'm glad this post haunted you. Before you know it, it will all become a "habit" and your energy level will increase. Once the soreness goes away, you'll be looking for new ways to get the soreness back. lol

Congrats on making it through the 1st calss!
Old 08-24-2010, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

Talking

Great post! Thanks a lot for the awakening "slap in the face". I'm printing it and taping it to my TV!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.