Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Motivational starting 4/30/12: Get Ready >

Motivational starting 4/30/12: Get Ready

Community
Notices

Motivational starting 4/30/12: Get Ready

Old 04-30-2012, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

Tori, you're off to a good start.

Mern, looking good with all that green

HCK, pretty good so far. I think you have more green to unleash tomorrow.

Jho, nice to see that you're going for 110oz of water!
Old 04-30-2012, 05:22 PM
FitDay Member

Do you guys put your sleep into your activities? I've been doing that and it brings my calories burned (before adding anything else) from 2487 down to 2115. So I figure it's a good idea to try to make up those lost sleeping calories with exercise? What do you guys do?
Old 04-30-2012, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Well, obviously it's past midnight and I'm not in bed, and the rest of my goals went you-know-where in a handbasket because I forgot about a dinner function we had tonight (thought it was next week) and so didn't plan calories and then I ate too much and now I feel yucky but at least I had a great workout today and I drank a lot of water. Had to rush some reports (oh, FIVE) out tonight and that's why I'm up late . Plus I'm once again ticked off because son's second round of the state tourney again got scheduled on a day I can't flex my work. Seriously. 7 days a month I can't move and the matches have fallen on two of them????

I'm sorry...just mad and venting and tired and on a carb high, apparently. I can't WAIT to start over tomorrow.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:14 PM
FitDay Member

Good Morning!!!!

Health/Fitness/Lifestyle
1. Drink min 100oz of WATER!!/install TV in washroom cuz that’s where I spend most of my day now…! Y eat it Mike
2. Wake up early before my monsters wake up! (seriously)!! YESSSSSS
3. PM workout Mon/Wed/Fri(at least)!! Y:32min
4. Min 60 crunches/day! Y
5. 5 Pushups (straight leg)/ 10 pushups (knees)! Y
6. Calories below 1300/day! Y: 1294
7. Don't crash and burn on the weekend! WEEKEND WARRIORS UNITE!!!
8. Always say something nice about the person who posted before me! Y
9. FINISH SCRAPBOOK! Mothers Day is quickly approaching!! N

Mike - 110 oz ain't gonna happen...what was your RAK??!!

Mern - great job yesterday!

HCK - I laughed so hard at your Kitty with her head stuck in a plastic bag! LOL the other day my cat had somehow got herself wrapped in my bra that was on the drying rack and was running around with it!

Cassie - so sorry to hear about the matches Chin up buttercup - today is a new day! And your the lucky goal #8 today!!

Goal #8 - Cassie - you are such an honest, loving and caring person! And you are my long-lost twin so that counts for something!

Make it happen people!! (sorry if I'm quoting Mariah Carey lol - I think Mike needs to teach me how to post songs! haha)
Old 04-30-2012, 11:39 PM
FitDay Member

For yesterday:
1.) Under or around 1400 calories/day: 1753
2.) 64 oz. water/day: Y
3.) Don't fail final tomorrow: T-84 minutes
4.) Get out and exercise in this lovely weather! Try for twice: wee walk

Ugh, I did so well yesterday, right up until about 9:15 PM, and then I was like, screw it, and ate 500 extra calories for no good reason >:{ I was just so munchy, I felt like a bottomless pit. Ah well, today's a new day, and I can count this godforsaken semester as over as of 12 PM. I'm gonna celebrate by going to Barnes & Noble and getting a book... or two. Or maybe I'll take a nap. Or both. Then, I'm gonna go out to the local bar and play poker, and then I'm gonna go to another bar and do karaoke until 2 in the morning! Haha, I'm fantasizing about this a little bit... but I'm still gonna do all that.

Everyone, have a great day!
Old 05-01-2012, 01:42 AM
Super Moderator

nobe: Thanks! I'm excited! I will be a Visiting Assistant Professor of Neuroscience. I'll be teaching Intro to Psychology, Advanced Behavioral Neuroscience, a "Special Topics" course in Neuroscience (probably in my specialty) and Sensation and Perception. I'll also be charged with developing a Biology course relevant to Neuroscience. I'm probably going to do a comparative neuroanatomy course across vertebrate species including evolution, compare/contrast, with a lab component. I'm excited/nervous, but really thrilled to be finally getting my feet wet with the teaching that I want to do!

Also, congrats on making your mini-goal, awesome job!!

Mern: Thanks for the kudos. I give myself a C+/B- -- could have been better, could have been a lot worse. I'm hoping it just comes off quick-ish. Don't keep that whip too far away, Mike might need it eventually, haha! Love seeing your green reports!

kfleet: Welcome, welcome. I find that this thread is sometimes the only thing keeping me on track! Mern's advice to you on the shopping is the same advice I would give. I would add that it's sometimes okay to make small compromises (For instance, I still eat white rice fairly commonly as my BF won't touch the brown rice) as long as you can work it in to a nutrition plan that makes sense for you. Keeping my protein above 25% of my total calorie intake also helps me a lot. As for recipes, any particular type you're looking for? I'm still a bit of a cooking newbie (or at least, I make simple recipes) but there are a lot of fantastic cooks on this thread from all the food descriptions we get!!!

Becky: Congrats on the move and welcome back! We can do it this week!!

Jho: Thanks for the congrats! I love your attitude, I can just HEAR your enthusiasm through your post, woohoo!

April: Seems like you're recovering from a surgery; I hope you're feeling better soon and that all turns out well!!! I remember that you had been going through something before I disappeared and I have been thinking about you and hoping everything is going to turn out fine. You're totally right that sometimes taking it easy is the hardest thing in the world, but I hope you're back on your feet in no time!

Tori: I'm glad you're feeling like YOU, even though going through a split is never fun. Awesome that you're getting out there and I hope that you're feeling motivated and at peace.

Cassie: Ugh, I can feel your frustration. I'm totally in awe of you cranking out those reports despite your bad mood, though. I hope you got some good sleep last night and are feeling better today! Dinner functions happen. You did great on everything else, so I think that still counts in the win column for you!

Sorry if I missed anyone, having a bit of a hectic morning and have written this post in fits and starts!

Food/Exercise/Lifestyle Goals

1) Log everything M: yes, though I did guesstimate on dinner side
2) Calories under 1400 daily. Post number and average. M: 1,390 (Average: 1,390)
3) Exercise at least 3 hours this week. Post cumulative numbers. M: No
4) At least 80 oz. of water daily. More is better. M: 80
5) Protein between 25-30% daily intake on average M: 29% (Average: 29%)
6) In bed by 11:00. No excuses. M: No
7) Limit eating out to 2 lunches and 1 dinner all week M: No eating out
8) Weight M, W, F and post numbers here M: 160.3
9) Take multivitamin M: yes

Other Goals

1) Remember the promise I made to myself about work. Follow it. M: yes, even though it pretty much killed me for awhile there
2) Send out decision notices to all schools I've interviewed with M: One out, two more to go
3) Call grandmother M: Briefly
4) Tackle all laundry M: None
5) Relax and DO NOTHING for at least 30 minutes every evening M: yes
6) Write one wonderful thing that happens every day. M: I got through a drama-filled day at work feeling peaceful and not stressed out at the end of it.

Not going to post too many details about my work situation just cause it'll stress me to re-hash it, but I did get into a heavy spat with "the usual suspect" at work. We managed to resolve it via e-mail (both of us are apparently better at communicating via the written word) and I think we're okay. A few stressful hours, but it was worth it, and most importantly I kept a promise I made to myself (I have a terrible track record with that).

I made good choices yesterday for breakfast and lunch. Things fell a bit apart at dinner due to simply eating later and rushing to make an "easy" meal which resulted in not-perfect choices (lots of starchiness). I had to guesstimate on how much I ate in potato because I forgot to weigh it before I served myself, but I think I got it pretty close. That's okay, though. I didn't expect to hop entirely back into my routine seamlessly, but I think I did more good than bad yesterday. Had to chug a lot of water right before bed and paid for it by waking up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, so I need to get back into my routine of spacing it throughout the day, but at least I hit the number!

Didn't specifically exercise yesterday but ran a lot of errands after work (bank, grocery store, drug store) and I took the stairs all day, so I think that counts for something. I work on the 4th floor, it's a lot of up and down stairs! For some reason stairs always knock the wind right out of me even still, so I'm making it a resolution to take the stairs most or all of the time this week. Maybe I'll get used to it. No excuses not to exercise tonight - BF, who is my biggest distraction, is working until 8:30 so I should get it done, showered, and dinner planned before he gets home.

Happy Tuesday everyone, have a GREAT day!

~Terri
Old 05-01-2012, 03:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nobe
Do you guys put your sleep into your activities? I've been doing that and it brings my calories burned (before adding anything else) from 2487 down to 2115. So I figure it's a good idea to try to make up those lost sleeping calories with exercise? What do you guys do?
Nobe ... I do log my sleep. I don't try to make up for it with exercise on purpose but my exercise does usually cover the amount of burn that I lose during sleep now that you mention.

Cassie ... I'm sorry to hear that you are going to miss another match. I can tell by the tone of your post how important it is to you to be there for your son. It really sucks when work gets in the way of life.

Jho...Look at you awake before the kids! Feels good, doesn't it?

Joanna ... I love all the plans you have for celebrating the end of your semester! If I hear about a 'girl gone wild' on the news tonight, I'll know it was you!

Terri ... It boosts your self-confidence when you are able to keep a promise to yourself like that. Sorry to hear you had an argument at work but hey...you worked it out! ... Your plans for your new job sound so exciting and promising. You sound so ready to take on the world. I am excited for you! ... My 'surgery' wasn't really that big a deal. I had uterine ablation done on Friday. It is just crampy and some other feminine stuff going on that I am not allowed to lift or exercise until it is done. Thank you for your well wishes though. It is so hard to not just do what you are so used to doing.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

1) plan meals; it works: did but went off
2) 1200-1300 calories daily, 1737
3) 7 glasses H2O, 8
4) write at least one hour daily, no excuses (except DH birthday), no
5) meditate, no
6) stretch, no
7) gym 3x this week, no
8) keep track on thread, even at the end of the week when I tend to fall off, Y
9) do not lose temper, be cool, Y

I love the S&M Mern. And Mern I wonder if diet soda is also doing me in (as well as other things) I gained 3-4 lbs back and am bummed. But lt least I was "skinny" for my birthday.

April, I hope you're OK. It sounds like you're really going through a lot with this and struggling.

Welcome new peeps.

More when I can. I am not well today. I did start root canal and it was not bad and my tooth no longer hurts. So amen for that!
Old 05-01-2012, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. 100 oz water daily M: Yep,
2. Do not exercise until allowed (there is a way that I will know ) M: Yes ,
3. Have a calorie deficit even without working out M: -937, Deficit this week so far: -937
4. Don't fret over the lbs that my body is holding. They are trying to tell me to relax. M: Yeah,

Life Goals ...
1. Medicine in Macie's ear M: Yes, T: Yes,
2. Read something M: No,
3. Don't be too busy to listen to my family. M: Yep,

Last night was our final family session with our son's therapist. The sessions themselves probably really didnt' do alot but sitting together as a family and talking about some things that bother each of us about our family was helpful. In all I think we saw him 13 times with a month break while son was inpatient. I am honestly glad it is over. The poor guy was kind of at a loss as to what to tell us to 'change'. He is used to dealing with people that CYS have referred because they are going to have their children taken away, or kids on probation, drugs, runaways, etc. So when he would ask how we handled a certain situation he would just nod and say that is what he would have suggested we try next time. Guess he was trying to say we really are good parents and sometimes these things happen even in a stable family. So all in all, I guess I got that from the experience. I also think that everyone in the house is a little more open and expressive of what they are thinking before letting it build up into an explosion now.

I am so antsy from not exercising for four days now that I plan to weed my flower beds after doing the dinner dishes tonight. I will be careful and if it starts getting crampy I will stop. But I have to do something. I have been walking and/or exercising almost daily for over 14 months now and this doing nothing is really getting to my mind. I even had to really make myself have my son carry a 15 lb box out of the car last night. And yes, I had someone at work put it in the car too. It just feels so ridiculous!
Old 05-01-2012, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

arghhhhh about sums it up for me today. I'm not happy withy scale. Granted, it didn't move, but that's the problem....it DIDN'T MOVE! Not one bit. If it had moved the wrong way I could at least blame it on AF. But nope. It just frustrates me because I had one of the best days I've had in eons and there's nothing to show for it. Makes me wanna hit up Mickey D's for lunch and throw back a Quarter Pounder, large fries and a bigass sweet tea. But I won't. I'll eat the crap I packed. ARGHHHHH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.