Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/16/12

Old 04-16-2012, 07:00 AM
FitDay Member

I know its only Monday but I will be checking in OFTEN (hope you don't get sick of me!!) I need to get back on track and I need the motivation back that I had last month!!!!!!!

April – your weekend sounds amazing – thank you for the “boring” details – makes me feel like I’m not the only one who actually enjoys getting some things done when the munchkins are gone! Not that mine go away very often but I have the odd afternoon to myself sometimes! Its so nice to hear that you connected with hubby – it def takes work when you have so many other things on the go! I LOVE Greys!

Mike – not sure if my bladder can handle 100 oz quite yet! Gimme one more week at 80 and I’ll tackle it next week! I haven’t been keeping track today but I can judge that I’m getting plenty by the frequent trips to the washroom! I will work on it though….we shall see what happens! May need to cash in my coupons for Depends! The house has been on the market since last July - its a 6.5 hobby farm that just needs the right buyer - I'm so frustrated. Hubby is optimistic but I am not. We had 3 couples thru the open house yesterday with minimal feedback - If we are going to sell now is the time - tell your friends they should move to Canada and buy this house!

Last edited by Jho82; 04-16-2012 at 07:07 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:30 AM
FitDay Member

Just buzzing by for a sec--in between driving runs to three different places with the grandkids with just one car because my car is acting strangely today and I'm afraid to drive it.

To all: the prayers and good vibes to God and the universe for my granddaughter's issue are so much appreciated. Thanks and hugs to all of you.

Jho and others praying for my granddaughter's issue. Thanks. It'll be a
couple weeks or more before we know how severe the consequences will
be. I'll just tell you what is going on. Long story short, my 10 year old
granddaughter got into a spat with a neighorhood boy with whom she was
playing in his house. Her story is that she tried to kick him in the leg, and
accidentally kicked him in the testicles. His story is that she kicked him
there deliberately. Even though his mother did not witness what happened
and did not see the need to take him to the doctor or hospital, she called
our township police. The next day the boy was running around the school
and neighborhood playing, but even if the mother does not follow through
with her promise to press assault charges against my granddaughter, she
already has been referred to juvenile court by the police department
because of their zero tolerance for juvenile "fighting." I totally agree my
granddaughter should be punished with appropriate severity, but her
mother could have handled that quite effectively with input considered
from the boy's mother. Maybe I'm too close to the subject, but it seems taking the matter to juvenile court is excessive and now my granddaughter sees police as mean and unfair instead of as her protectors.

Fell off the wagon yesterday but am back on. Will try to post goals later.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:45 AM
FitDay Member

Jho ... I love Grey's too! Hubby accomodates me with that, Desperate Housewives & Private Practice. We watch them later on my laptop because during their regular air times he likes to watch Ax Men, Swamp People, etc. And I watch those along with him too

Mern ... What a touchy situation. I do think she shouldn't have gone so far with it. So many people are all about suing & pressing charges instead of acting civil towards other people nowadays. That's my view anyway.

Lizzie ... That's the only thing we didn't have is freedom from phone calls. And when it is your son on the phone you can't very well ignore it. What if they really do need something.

Hope ... I think I know how you are feeling. It will be nice to see her get on with her life and away from what may have been causing her such trouble in the past but it is so hard to watch them get ready to leave. They are ready and scared all at the same time. I have a few years yet and I hope they don't pass too quickly.

Terrie ... I wish....really really wish that I would lose weight during TOTM. I am actually up 2lbs today due to that. Has to be since I didn't overeat yesterday and spent over 2 hrs doing hard yard work. Ugh! I hate Mother Nature!

Mike ... Good thing for a rainy day or you may forget your way back here!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:24 AM
FitDay Member

Oh Mern - that sounds horrible and way too harsh for 10 yr olds! Poor thing

April - The only show my hubby really can't stand is the Bachelor but I am literally obsessed with it! As if watching Cosmo reruns isn't enough, I have the countdown on - May 14th baby!! Seems so far away....

My very first Spaghetti squash is on the menu tonight! So excited to try it - I should start a new thread about my adventures with new recipes!! OH and Braydon just ate half of a cucumber WWWHHHAAATTT!!??
Old 04-16-2012, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, I am so sorry that a squabble between kids turned into such high drama. I agree; there are a number of ways that the situation could have been handled without involving authorities. Many things are taken way too seriously these days, and some, IMO, not seriously enough. Common sense is often lacking.

I'm not an attorney, but my primary work is with the Juvenile Court and I can honestly say that in the 11 years I've been in this area, I've never seen a 10-year old reap any severe legal consequences. I know you are in a different state, but I'm hoping it works the same way in your area. Here, the most that they would do would be to send the case through mediation at the court, which resolves the issue without trials, charges, probation, etc. And every probation officer I know would be rolling his/her eyes at the absurdity of having this in the court system to begin with. Generally, there are much bigger fish to fry than to spend resources on something like this...especially at such a young age.

I am glad to hear it was not at school, because their policies are very strict, and their consequences are likewise. I really hope that this works out all right for you and your family. Continuing prayers and hugs. Congrats for getting back on the wagon!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:27 AM
FitDay Member

next rwo weeks are level 3 with Jillian starting from tomorrow.
and I am off potatos still
Old 04-16-2012, 09:19 AM
FitDay Member

I am with you guys and with you, Mern. This is waaaaay too severe and a waste of court and police time. Are we going to mediate every childhood dispute and fight? Plus the mom said she didn't even see what happened. No one says there should be no consequences but for goodness sake!!!

Last edited by canary52; 04-16-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:24 AM
FitDay Member

April, my DD always said she wanted to get as far away as possible. Now that the time is coming closer to leave, she is feeling differently, I know. And I am a nervous wreck. And yet I can only hope that this will be a good stage of life for her. And yeah I think it will be good for her to get away for many reasons, not the least of which are some of her friends, who are basically good kids but many of whom have very tough and unstable family lives. As I said, she has come a looooong way. She still has a long way to go and my worries are not over. She, for example, thinks it is SO unfair that I will not allow her, an inexperienced driver, to drive her friends to Warped Tour in a different state this summer. I know, I know, I am SOOOOOOO unreasonable. Why can't I just get with the program and allow her to do whatever she wants? Yeeesh, Mom. So unfair. I am RUINING her life over this don't you know.

Jho, 100 oz is A LOT of water. But then again, I am still trying to choke down 48 oz so maybe I am not the best judge. Still, 80 sounds pretty good to me!!!

Last edited by canary52; 04-16-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:11 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for your understanding and encouragement, my friends. It would have been a little easier to accept had the mother at least let my daughter know her son was kicked and she was calling the police. She wanted the police to take my 10 year old granddaughter to the juvenile detention center right then and there on her son's word against my granddaughter's as to what happened, without my daughter being notified there was a problem so she could be present when my granddaughter was questioned.

Cassie, yes, thanks, we knew it was a good thing she didn't kick a kid at school. The police are always called in that circumstance to protect the kids from bullies and the school board from law suits--I can accept it just about has to be that way at school. The offending child is taken to the police station and the parents summoned there before charges or referrals to juvenile court are filed.

In view of her admission that she did mean to kick him in the leg, I think some sort of age-appropriate not fun community service ordered by a mediator (like pulling weeds, picking up trash, or washing dishes) is in order. Making her scared of police is not the answer...

OK, I'm still on the wagon, although I didn't exercise today. I may do it later--may help to relieve some tension.

Enough about me--I'm off to read today's posts to find out what's going on in YOUR world. Er, uhm, I'm not the only one who needs support.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:14 AM
FitDay Member

omg y'all, I sucked it UP this evening. I forced myself outside to walk. 3/4 of a mile into it my asthma started flaring up on me. Of course, it's not MY fault at all, for reasons that will remain nameless on a fitness site But, I will say that it's (the unnamed reason my asthma is kicking my butt tonight) the one thing that has kept me from going homicidal. I wound up doing 1.5......at a snails pace. I think my final time was something like 25 minutes . For a lousy 1.5 miles!!! At this rate I'll never get 10 in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.