Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/16/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/16/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/16/12

Old 04-22-2012, 12:56 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Hi, Hope. Welcome back. You're welcome for the grandmotherly advice on sticking to your guns with rules for DD. So sorry to learn of DH's dad losing his vision. How old is he? Well, I'm glad you enjoyed the food on your last college trip. I'm sure you're glad all that is behind you. My live-in GD is going to a local branch of the University of Cincinnati for two years and then will complete her bachelor's degree on the main campus IN Cincinnati. Where we live there is no public bus transportation so she will have to drive to and from school. A co-worker of my daughter's has an older car that she has kept in tip-top shape since she bought it in 1999, doing all routine maintenance as scheduled, and she claims it runs like new. They're going to look at it next week. We're hoping it will last her at least four years while she continues to work part-time and saves up a nice down-payment on a brand new one.
Thanks, Mern honey. I'm glad to be back. Back on track hopefully. I enjoyed the trip; we checked out U of North Carolina at Asheville, a great town, a very foody town, with very friendly people. But the school might just not have the programs and internships DD is seeking. Tho she says she would love to live there someday (me too!)

I hope your GD has luck with the car. MY DD has my DH's old car, a 1999 Toyota. It aint pretty but it runs. If your GD doesn't like the car, maybe she can ask Mike if she can buy his!!!

DH's Dad is 86. DH is very very close to him. He lost his Mom, who was one of his best friends, 4 years ago. His Dad aged so much after she died; I guess that's common. Luckily he has a "lady friend" a terrifically irritating person (trust me on this) but also very good at taking care of him so she is driving him around, taking him to doctors, etc. The sight loss was in one eye, supposed to be temporary. We thought it was due to meds but it might be diabetes, age, blood pressure, etc. So DH is bummed. I'm just gonna try and keep his spirits up and his Dad's too. We're thinking of getting him an e reader and trying for a tv with big close captions. We will all hold together and do the best we can and pray for well I guess a miracle. So send the good words out there for my dear F-I-L a really sweet man!!!
Old 04-22-2012, 12:57 PM
FitDay Member

Boo, magnesium is a wonder supplement. It has really helped with my fibro and I hope it works for your hand.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:01 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by terrienne
I'm still around, but have had no computer time for several days and haven't had time to log anything or report in for the last 3 days either. I think I still did pretty well on my calorie count until yesterday. Yesterday I was at an all day function that had lots of yummy food and too many treats to resist them all. I passed the cake, soda, chips and cookies, but couldn't help taking several fun size candy bars. Dang, those Heath bars tasted good! I will start reporting in again on Monday.
Terrie, that's not bad at all!! You gave yourself a treat but didn't go too overboard. Good for you!!! Think how bad it could have been.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:01 PM
FitDay Member

Mern why aren't you sleeping?
Old 04-22-2012, 01:50 PM
FitDay Member

Hope, I'm trying to figure out myself why I'm not sleeping. I feel fine. I can get to sleep but just can't STAY asleep, waking several times per night and not for bathroom trips. I am trying to lean more toward vegetarian to help lower my sat fat and cholesterol intake in an effort to get my high cholesterol and high triglycerides closer to normal, but I'm still getting good, balanced nutrition. Maybe I'm just so nosy that I'm afraid I'll miss something when I'm asleep.

Oh, I just saw the other posts, but GD needs the computer. Will catch you all tomorrow.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:22 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Hello! I'm new to the forums and this seems like a wonderful group. Looking forward to support and being supportive when y'all need it. Ciao, bella!

_/\_ Kino
Old 04-22-2012, 03:53 PM
FitDay Member

Today was a bit rough, goals-wise, but it was still a really good day so I don't care that much. Tomorrow starts a new week so all of today's red will magically disappear

1) 1,650 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,650) - 1641, 1614, 1569, 1619, 1728 (guilt-free!), 1627, 2374
2) do 2 out of 3 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/Richard Simmons) - 2hrs walking (work), 1.5 hrs walking (work)/weights, 1.5 hrs (kinda slow) walking/weights, painted 7 hrs, painted 7 hrs, scrubbing my house 4 hrs (I'm counting it!)/weights, scrubbing my house 3 hrs/nothing else
3) 20% protein minimum - 24%, 26%, 19%, 16%, 15%, 22%, 14%
4) 72oz water minimum - 72oz, either 72oz or 88oz - lost track of how many bottles I had, 64oz, 56oz, no idea (could be green, could be red, I don't know), 64oz, 56oz
5) calorie deficit 600+ - 679, 802, 741, 1120, 1010, 853, 75
6) take vitamins - yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before (except Sunday night because apparently I'm hooked on Celebrity Apprentice) - no, no, no, yes, yes, yes, no
8) log all spending daily - no, no (will catch up tomorrow), no, yes, yes (didn't spend anything), yes (didn't spend anything), no
Old 04-23-2012, 01:25 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone, I don't have a lot of time this morning, Monday is my crazy day. Booked solid until 9 pm tonight. So here is a recap for last week and my new goals for this week:

Health Goals Last week
walk 5 days M, T, Th, F,S, S x2!
Water aerobics 1 day Y
Water walking 1 hour Y
64 oz water minimum per day Th, F, S, S

Personal Goals
Get guest room "guest ready" Y!
Frame needlework N
Quilt 2 hours before Saturday: got 1 hour in!
Wash dogs N
Trim Dog nails N

Health Goals this week:
2 days at 1250 calories
Walk 5 days
Water class 1 day
Water walking 1 hour
Water intake < 64 oz

Personal Goals
Quilt 4 hours
Frame Needlework
Take in Size XL tee shirts so they fit!
Wash Dogs
Trim Dog nails
Log and donate items to Salvation Army
Old 04-23-2012, 01:30 AM
Super Moderator

Hi frenchen...new thread for the week, just not stickied yet: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...4-23-12-a.html

Have a great week...goals look good!