Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/16/12

Old 04-21-2012, 07:20 AM
FitDay Member

Mern. Great job on the getting up and going, I plan to do the same tomorrow. My great nieces are almost 6 and 5. There are only 8 months between them as Hope was very premature. That's why she is called Hope, my niece wanted to chose a name quickly because of the situation and I suggested Hope as that's what we needed to have at that moment and she liked it. I hope you manage to get a better sleep tonight, it's hateful when you are awake when you should be blissfully asleep.

Jho. What's Makenna?

Cassie. I am so sorry that you will miss one of your sons' matches. I so remember trying to juggle all the work and study and attending their school plays or sports etc. I still have moments of regret but I know I gave it my best shot always.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:26 AM
FitDay Member

You're doing great, too, Cassie. I hope you enjoyed your nice long walk.

I just made some vegetarian tofu and black soybean chili for my dinner. It's decent at the moment--may be even better in a couple hours as the flavors mellow more. It was a good day to experiment because DH already said I don't need to cook anything for him because there are leftovers in the fridge he can eat.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:36 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie, thanks for your encouragement on my exercise. Wow, I can't imagine how challenging it is to rear children just 8 months apart--that's almost like having twins--maybe even harder. Hope is a great name and so appropriate given your sister's circumstances. I'm in a good mood right now, but I may get crabby/cross tomorrow if I don't get some decent rest tonight. No physical problems, noise or worries keeping me awake.

I believe Makenna is the name of Jho's little girl who just started walking. I don't remember how old she is.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:07 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Lizzie - yes, Makenna is my 16mo old! We shared some KD (Kraft Dinner). Her name is fairly "new" in my opinion and we really love that its a little different!!

Just finished up some prep work for the party and made 2 huge batches of soup at the same time! They are simmering now! I'm trying to not go crazy with the food because we always have a tonne leftover!

I'm feeling a bit weak right now.... need some sugar.... will settle for an apple with peanut butter to hold me over till dinner even though I really want to dig in to Braydon's (Lizzie - son, 3yrs) Easter chocolate mmmmmmm NO! NO CHOCOLATE!
Old 04-21-2012, 09:04 AM
FitDay Member

Jho, I hope you stayed out of Braydon's chocolate--so I can come up to Canada and eat it myself. LOL Peanut butter on apples is a great idea.

I don't think I'd make this vegetarian chili with the tofu and black soybeans again. I ate it for dinner and DH said he tasted it and it was OK to him. I like tofu and I like black soybeans, but I didn't like the texture of the tofu WITH the soybeans. I think I'll look for a different vegetarian chili recipe. Foodtv.com has over 800 vegetarian recipes, so I'm going back in there hunting for new ideas later today. Tomorrow I'm going to try to adapt a black bean burger to lower carb than the recipe I found.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:07 AM
FitDay Member

Jho, I know I asked you once before how old Makenna is, but I forgot and was too lazy to go back and look for your previous reply to that question. Sorry. I knew she was Braydon's little sister, though.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Jho, I hope you stayed out of Braydon's chocolate--so I can come up to Canada and eat it myself. LOL Peanut butter on apples is a great idea.

I don't think I'd make this vegetarian chili with the tofu and black soybeans again. I ate it for dinner and DH said he tasted it and it was OK to him. I like tofu and I like black soybeans, but I didn't like the texture of the tofu WITH the soybeans. I think I'll look for a different vegetarian chili recipe. Foodtv.com has over 800 vegetarian recipes, so I'm going back in there hunting for new ideas later today. Tomorrow I'm going to try to adapt a black bean burger to lower carb than the recipe I found.
Maybe try using veggie ground "beef"? I've made it with that before and it was really good, almost like the real thing. Actually, I was thinking about making it in the next couple of days. I'll let you know if my memory of it was right or not
Old 04-21-2012, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

I'm actually kind of impressed that you still have Easter chocolate left!!!
Old 04-21-2012, 03:08 PM
FitDay Member

Had the house to myself for a chunk of today so I did some major cleaning. Got two bedrooms, a bathroom, the hallway, the living room, and most of the kitchen done, as well as about 6 loads of laundry (did the bedding, washed all the mats and rugs, etc). Tried to use my Green Machine thing to clean a few stains on my bedroom carpet and made clean spots. D'oh! I think I'd better get it professionally cleaned. Anyway, lots of hard work, but it feels good to have it all clean. Tomorrow will be the other bathroom, the family room, and the laundry room when hubby takes kiddo out again. So hard to get anything done with him around! He just hangs on the mop shouting "mine! mine! mine!". Or takes laundry out of the dryer as I'm putting it in. Or dumps his toys as I put them away. Or tries to take off with cleaning products. Oh, two year olds.

1) 1,650 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,650) - 1641, 1614, 1569, 1619, 1728 (guilt-free!), 1627
2) do 2 out of 3 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/Richard Simmons) - 2hrs walking (work), 1.5 hrs walking (work)/weights, 1.5 hrs (kinda slow) walking/weights, painted 7 hrs, painted 7 hrs, scrubbing my house 4 hrs (I'm counting it!)/weights
3) 20% protein minimum - 24%, 26%, 19%, 16%, 15%, 22%
4) 72oz water minimum - 72oz, either 72oz or 88oz - lost track of how many bottles I had, 64oz, 56oz, no idea (could be green, could be red, I don't know), 64oz
5) calorie deficit 600+ - 679, 802, 741, 1120, 1010, 853
6) take vitamins - yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before (except Sunday night because apparently I'm hooked on Celebrity Apprentice) - no, no, no, yes, yes, yes
8) log all spending daily - no, no (will catch up tomorrow), no, yes, yes (didn't spend anything), yes (didn't spend anything)
Old 04-21-2012, 04:02 PM
FitDay Member

Totally understand Nobe!! Its so nice and much easier to get everything done properly without the munchkins trying to "help" LOL Great job today - cleaning burns a lot of calories too! hehe!!

Cassie - if it were up to Braydon he would probably eat it all day long but we keep it locked up and he only gets a little bit if he finishes his lunch - bribery probably isnt the best parenting advice but it works for me!! I did eat a good chunk of it when I fell off the wagon last week but I made it through the day! whew!

Mern - Braydon will be 3 on Monday, Makenna is 16mo - she is a boxing day baby!! They are pretty close together but that is what we planned. We thought it was a good idea, but my body and hormones did not! Went through a mild case of postpartum but feeling much better now - I think the working out is really helping!

Hope everyone stays on track tomorrow - I will be busy with the party but I will check in later Sunday night! SO EXCITED!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.