Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/16/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/16/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/16/12

Old 04-18-2012, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
great job!
Thanks! Better than going up like I did last week. I guess manual labour is good for something
Old 04-18-2012, 03:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Whoa... I finally get to say it... WTH is going on April with all that red. You need to get cracking!!!!!!!!!!!!
5. Shred 3 days this week (will finish the course) M: No, T: No, W: Yes!,

I had to go back and fix this one. I so did my Shred this morning!
Old 04-18-2012, 04:12 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Morning everyone!. I didn't get a chance to post yesterday. Busy busy day in a good way. Staying on track with stats. It's raining today so hopefully by the end of the day it will let up and I can get out and walk. If it's not too chilly maybe I'll walk in the rain. We'll see.

Health & Wellness Goals
1. Calories under 1000 - M:854, T:944
2. Walk / exercise everyday - M:50 min, T:45 min
3. Drink 150 oz of water /tea every day - M:120, T:144
4. Meals at regular time - M:Y, T:N Skipped Bfast)
5. To bed by 11 pm - M:Y, T:N (11:30)

Other Goals
1. Set up fabric shelf
2. Finish quilt project for Saturday's group
3. Dishes everyday - M:Y, T:Y
4. Complete 1 overdue job at work this week
5. Put in 5 hours on 2010 data entry for taxes
Old 04-18-2012, 04:37 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Let's see if I can catch up on everything here

Hope - I know how elusive sleep can be. Try drinking a cup of hot water or tea at bedtime. That warm feeling makes me sleepy and relaxes me too.

Mike - Kudos on your RAK this weekend! Hospice is such a great organization and one that I hold dear to my heart - as both a volunteer and a family member of a loved one. Pretty cool bike and the decals will make it a chic magnet for sure

Tori - Sending good vibes that the rest of your week improves and stays positive. Great job on the goals! I would love to be able to have dinner with my dad (he lives 1500 miles away).

Jho - Cabbage soup is one of my favorite soups! Not sure what the WW recipe is but I buy a bag of shredded cole slaw mix and add a few more things and let it cook for about an hour.

Cassie - I hate traffic and don't miss it one bit since I left the city for the mountains.

Tunnrida - Great job with the workout. Keep going and it will get easier

Almeeker - Forced walking - what else can you ask for? At least it is good for you and you will be getting some exercise in

April - Great job on the cookout. Guess it does help if you don't like some of the food options

Ama - I'll have to try Bok Choy that way. I've only had it in chinese food (which is currently on my Do Not Eat list)

Lizzie - Great job on having restraint when you went to dinner the other night

Mern - Life gets in the way so easily and we all tend to put off those things we need to do most for ourselves. Exercise - JUST DO IT! It will help kick things in and maybe you will stay in good graces with your doctor when you visit next.

Looking out my office window - the robins are back! Off to work now. Lots to do and not enough hours to get it all done!
Old 04-18-2012, 05:08 AM
FitDay Member

Jeanne and Mike, I made myself go to the gym before geting back online. Worked out really well going at 11AM instead of earlier (I usually aim for 9AM). The gym wasn't crowded and watching TV on the new treadmill made the time pass more quickly. Thanks for your encouragement on that issue.

Jeanne, you're doing a really great job this week! Despite your red, your water is spectacular! I'd have to wear adult Depends undergarments if I drank that much. LOL You may have said in previous posts, but I had to skim a lot of our threads recently. Do you live out in big sky country in Montana or in a suburb of a city? I'll bet Montana is beautiful--I always think of ranches when I read the name of your state. I agree meals at regular times is an important goal for anyone of any age and weight, not only for appetite control and binge prevention, but also for blood sugar stability.

Mike, I thought I remembered mh's face from a pic she posted of herelf looking really hot in a new dress a while back. Quinn could be the fifth person you meet from FD if she ever remembers what you and I remember about her saying she'd meet you in NOLA. But old ladies sometimes forget what they said. She's another older sibling of mine, ya know. Let's see if she read this post. LOL Hey, you TRIED on the weight lifting. Congrats for having the brains to have a spotter.

Nobe! Major kudos on your -3! Awesome job!

April, you don't need to give yourself RED for Monday and Tuesday on the lack of Shred, do you? You promised three days and there's still plenty of time to get in two more. I pledge 5 days of exercise and don't give myself two days of red for the two days I didn't. Why not just put M:No and T:NO in black so you don't see more red missed goals than you deserve--unless you find it motivating to do it that way. It's your right to do it the way you like, though--no right way or wrong way...
Old 04-18-2012, 06:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
April, you don't need to give yourself RED for Monday and Tuesday on the lack of Shred, do you? You promised three days and there's still plenty of time to get in two more. I pledge 5 days of exercise and don't give myself two days of red for the two days I didn't. Why not just put M:No and T:NO in black so you don't see more red missed goals than you deserve--unless you find it motivating to do it that way. It's your right to do it the way you like, though--no right way or wrong way...
It does motivate me to see the red. Then I kind of know it is something that I need to make sure I do the rest of the week now. Of course this is hubby's work weekend so I'll be up Sat & Sun too where I can exercise before going back to bed until a decent weekend wakeup time.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:42 AM
FitDay Member

Okay, while I have the nerve, here is a new 'in progress' full body pic of me.

Edit: Dont' mind the blue blanket on the floor behind my feet. My house isn't dirty, that is the girls all curled up in a ball.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:43 AM
FitDay Member

I've been able to reduce my high triglycerides and high cholesterol to the point where my doc said she wouldn't prescribe meds, but haven't been able to get those numbers in the normal range with diet and omega-3 fish oil alone. I'm thinking about going semi-vegetarian, actually lacto-ovo-pesco vegetarian (eggs, dairy and fish allowed) until my next blood test on May 22 to see how I tolerate it and whether it has a beneficial effect on my cholesterol and triglycerides. I eat cholesterol free egg substitute--the store brand of EggBeaters. I also read on mayoclinic.com today that a vegetarian diet can also help with insulin resistance, which remains at the root of my current doctor-approved allowance of only 25g net carbs per day. I'll head to the libarary to see if I can find some books to help me with guidance and recipes on this new adventure.

April! You look mahvelous, dahling! Your weight loss is just AWESOME! I wanna be like YOU when I grow up and have the courage to do what I already know how to do to get out of the extremely obese range into just plain obese. Hey, that's just fine that you prefer the red for days you don't shred--whatever works for the individual is what floats here.

Last edited by Mern; 04-18-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:42 AM
FitDay Member

April. You are looking great girl, so many lbs gone, can you even I agine carrying that weight around every day now.

Mern. I am surprised at you, Ride Sally Ride indeed - LOL :-) that gave me a chuckle at the end of a very long nd tiring day.

Nobe. Congrats on the loss, that's a good number to drop.

I was up at 04:25 this morning to catch a flight, we drove 2 hrs on the other side, went to lots of meetings, drove back and then a delayed flight and now finally home. Managed a salad for lunch and had dinner all planned but because of delay we ate at the airport, didn't do too badly, but reneged on my no wine until the 28th with a small glass of white, just because everyone else was having one - what a lemming I am. Can't count up my cals today but it wasn't horrendous.
The guys wanted to eat at a burger type diner while I had seen a nice deli with veggie plates and hummus etc but I was out voted. On the speciality burger menu there was one which called itself a goats cheese burger with aubergine and sundried tomatoes, I liked the sound of it and so did our TM but imagine this meat eaters horror when it turned out to be a baked goats cheese in a bun, and he had to watch the others tuck into their regular burgers. I enjoyed mine, I took the top of the bun and left it aside and ordered salad instead of fries so reasonably good.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by nobe
Thanks! Better than going up like I did last week. I guess manual labour is good for something
Yep, that does count for a lot.
Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
5. Shred 3 days this week (will finish the course) M: No, T: No, W: Yes!,

I had to go back and fix this one. I so did my Shred this morning!
I was looking at all the other red. Good job on the pic, making somr progress!
Originally Posted by jeannedehart
Morning everyone!. I didn't get a chance to post yesterday. Busy busy day in a good way. Staying on track with stats. It's raining today so hopefully by the end of the day it will let up and I can get out and walk. If it's not too chilly maybe I'll walk in the rain. We'll see.

Health & Wellness Goals
1. Calories under 1000 - M:854, T:944
2. Walk / exercise everyday - M:50 min, T:45 min
3. Drink 150 oz of water /tea every day - M:120, T:144
4. Meals at regular time - M:Y, T:N Skipped Bfast)
5. To bed by 11 pm - M:Y, T:N (11:30)

Other Goals
1. Set up fabric shelf
2. Finish quilt project for Saturday's group
3. Dishes everyday - M:Y, T:Y
4. Complete 1 overdue job at work this week
5. Put in 5 hours on 2010 data entry for taxes
no more skipping meals!

Originally Posted by jeannedehart
Mike - Kudos on your RAK this weekend! Hospice is such a great organization and one that I hold dear to my heart - as both a volunteer and a family member of a loved one. Pretty cool bike and the decals will make it a chic magnet for sure
Thanks for being a volunteer to help out so many people!

Originally Posted by Mern
Jeanne and Mike, I made myself go to the gym before geting back online. Worked out really well going at 11AM instead of earlier (I usually aim for 9AM). The gym wasn't crowded and watching TV on the new treadmill made the time pass more quickly. Thanks for your encouragement on that issue.

Mike, I thought I remembered mh's face from a pic she posted of herelf looking really hot in a new dress a while back. Quinn could be the fifth person you meet from FD if she ever remembers what you and I remember about her saying she'd meet you in NOLA. But old ladies sometimes forget what they said. She's another older sibling of mine, ya know. Let's see if she read this post. LOL Hey, you TRIED on the weight lifting. Congrats for having the brains to have a spotter.
Congrats! Yeah, you better hope that Quinn doesn't read that, you'll be introuble. Not for long though, I'm sure she'll forget before too long.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.