Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 04/09/12

Old 04-10-2012, 01:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
13. Start taking notes on college applications/finances.Bookmarked a few sites
Cassie,

One book that was immensely helpful when I was beginning the process, was Paying for College Without Going Broke, published by The Princeton Review, 2012 Edition. You may be able to get a copy at your local library, although remember that the financial aid info changes yearly so get the 2012 version, if possible. It's available on Amazon, etc. Well worth the money.

I'm trying to figure out how to pay for the party now... lol.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:19 AM
FitDay Member

Funny story from yesterday:

I had gone to IKEA looking for some new bookshelves because my old ones were filling up fast. In one of the miniature show houses they have there was an old-fashioned scale. I hadn't eaten since breakfast because the closest IKEA was in the next town and it was two in the afternoon. So I thought, well I guess this weight will be pretty accurate, and I stepped on just for fun. The scale said I was 5 pounds over my Friday weighin! I was freaking out until I remembered I was wearing a coat and jeans and that they were probably very heavy. Sill me.

My alarm failed to wake me up this morning so this is another hurried post. Ill be back soon with some actual TIME I hope, but I doubt it because I have an ortho appt. right after work.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:33 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. Gallon of water daily! M: 132oz!,
2. Shred every day this week (will finish level 3) M: Yep!, T: the day's not over yet!,
3. No salt on my plate M: Yes,
4. Walk on lunch weather permitting M: 38mins - 2miles,
5. Have endometrial biopsy done Wednesday
6. Daily calorie deficit of 750 minimum M: -1146, color="blue"]Weekly deficit: -1146[/color]
7. Limit one sensible snack after dinner M: No,
8. Carbs under 45% M: 39%,
9. Weigh and post it daily M: 262.4lbs , T: 259.6lbs, Weekly weight change: -2.8lbs

Life Goals ...
1. Be more of a participant on this forum M: Yep,
2. Read for 2 hrs this week (not on a computer)
3. Clip dogs' nails (ugh!)
4. Repot plant for the office (take home the one that is already at the office first)

Yesterday all day went really well. Made awesome food choices for my work day (same ones again for today too). Hubby made tacos for dinner so I had taco salad. I ate two plates but I only had enough chips, meat & cheese for one salad. I divided it between two plates with a lot of lettuce, tomatoes & salsa. I was so full! .....However, there was (still is) leftover ham in the fridge. I heated up 2 servings of it (3oz portions) and dipped in mustard. Then I ate 4 more of those darned sugar cookie sandwiches. Imagine what my weight loss would have been today had I stuck with a healthy snack in the evening. Oh well, it's better than I have been doing and I got in a lot of exercise yesterday...shred in the early morning, walked in the afternoon, helped pack up the camper now that we are done cleaning it inside, stood and folded laundry for a half hour, etc etc.

I was so tired last night that I fell asleep off & on trying to read something online. That left me very tired this morning. I should just learn to go to bed when I'm tired because that trying to stay awake just leaves me so much more tired. So I turned off my alarm and didn't get up to workout this morning. I am not counting it as red yet. I may try to get it in tonight but I can't guarantee. It's too hard to make a half hour just for me when everyone else is up and doing their thing.

Now, I'm off to catch up on the posts since yesterday!
Old 04-10-2012, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

Hello Dear Newbies and fellow passengers both on and off the wagon. Amy, where ya at?

5 stinkin goals this week. You would THINK I could get em done.

1) 1500 calories or less, awright? 1600 so shoot me
2) stop eating frigging sugar Y (there was a little sugar in the barbeque sauce on my brisket so sue me)
3) stretch as much as my back in TOTAL spasm will allow, YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS
4) 6 glasses a water; izzat too much ta ask, huh? (that's my totally exasperated Brooklyn ax-scent; my original home town), 6
5) ya ever gonna write again or what? YES
Old 04-10-2012, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

Just for today I'm putting our usernames in parentheses for the newbies so they can figure out who we are more easily.

Mike (01gt4.6) hi! Best wishes on your goals.

Kim (kimbur) so sorry you're still sick! Wishing you a speedy full recovery so you can be at full strength for your upcoming dive.

Quinn (quinnesec) Kudos on the healthful soup. Wild horses couldn't keep me away from a lemon meringue pie. It's my very favorite dessert in the whole world. I used to ask my Mom to make me that instead of a birthday cake. And I believe she MADE the best lemon meringue pie in the whole world.

Jeanne, (jeannedehart) welcome! That's the ticket to success--realistic and doable goals. Looking forward to your update tomorrow.

Tori (ToriD1012) my eating the last two days was so bad that I COULDN'T even venture a guess to come up with a credible log of it. Several of us are in the same boat. Let's just all give it a fresh start beginning today and try to be green the rest of the week. I'm not even going to report my Monday--just start with my Tuesday report tonight or tomorrow morning.

Jho, at first I was thinking, "Oh no! She broke her finger!" Then I remembered the end of last week you said you were hanging onto the wagon by your pinkie finger while your legs were dragging in the dirt. Aw, that's so sweet that your Mom loves you so much that she still buys you a chocolate bunny for Easter--you'll always be he little girl. I know what you mean about feeling like a bag of crap. I felt like that yesterday. But with my fresh start this morning of my supplements, a nice cup of hot tea, then my exercise, then a protein shake with flaxmeal I feel energized and headed for a really healthful day. Wishing you that feeling on your restart tomorrow. I'll save you a seat in the middle.

HKG (a couple of us call HardcaorKittyGirl that for short) kudos on your all green Monday! You're one of the very few! Gold star for you, girl! Aw, I'm glad you remembered that your coat and jeans affected your weight on that old IKEA scale. That could have blown your confidence if you hadn't thought of it!

Amy (almeeker) like Tori, I am missing you, too.

Nobe, so many of us started Monday off poorly. I'm not even going to report my Monday. I don't want all that red staring me in the face. LOL I'm going to be all green Tuesday through Sunday this week.

April (wilfbeanerz) your valiant effort yesterday on food plus your shred and cleaning, walking exercise and other household chores went a long way in damage control over the cookies. I hear ya on making half an hour just for you when everyone else is up and doing their thing. I still have to catch up on the Easter posts that I missed because computer access was so difficult yesterday and on Easter.

Luv (fit4luv) I'm with you on having a healthy mindset this time so I can maintain my lost weight!

Lizzie (Lizards13) Perfectly OK to start your week tomorrow. Best to do that when we know we can give ourselves a clean start.

Cassie (cjohnson728) I was gonna say I need to BE in jail so I can lose the weight I know I regained, but then I remember you said it's poor diet chock full of high carbs, so I guess I'd better stay out of jail. Like you I was sorry to read so many of us did poorly over Easter and had such a hard time getting back on the wagon, but I appreciate everyone's honesty and it made me feel less like a failure than I would if I thought I was the only one.

Hope (Canary52) congrats on the stretching and on your water. I can give myself kudos only on water yesterday. I sucked on everything else. BUT I'm not reporting my Monday anyway because I can't face all the red. Tomorrow I'm starting to report what I promise to be an all green rest-of-the-week.

Last edited by Mern; 04-10-2012 at 03:27 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:40 AM
Super Moderator

health & fitness
1) calorie deficient of 3000 +446
2) workout 3 times yes
3) walk twice no
DONE4) bench press 270# yes (275 like a beast)

other
5) work 5 days 1,
6) write 3 auto policies or $4500 in premium1

I think I could have benched 280 if I didn't wear myself out. I did 135x12 (warm up), 185x10, 205x8, 225x6, 245x4, 265x1, 275x1. Attempted 280 but had to have some help. I'm now thinking that I may be able to get to 300 in a few months.

Mern, Thanks and same to you.

I guess I need to get some work done. TT(Y'all)L
Old 04-10-2012, 04:06 AM
FitDay Member

HKG (HardcaorKittyGirl) Congrats on breaking your on-and-off exercise pattern.

Cassie (cjohnson728) Are your computer issues now resolved? Did you recover from the virus you found?

Mike (01gt46) I've never been on a motorcycle even though my bro owns a huge Harley. I had no idea it can be a workout, but it does make sense to me that you'd need to use a lot of muscle at times in maneuvering. Nice that you made some new riding buddies. Kudos on the bench pressing. 400+ in calories to start off the week isn't all that bad. Plenty of time to make up for it.

April (wildbeanerz) yeah, I made that mistake with a salad before--I think mine was at Steak 'N Shake, though, where it was a chicken tossed salad but also had dried cranberries and sugared walnuts and came with fat free dressing that had added sugar in it. But again, your great yardwork went a long way in damage control. I love a Mexican salad from Chipotle and was disappointed when my live-in DH asked me this morning to take her there for dinner tonight. I was disappointed because she and I do Chipotle together and I thought I couldn't have it tonight. BUT I can and still keep the promise I made in my goals this morning because I always eat only half that salad at a time with my own low carb Ranch dressing at home AND I had already said I'd do skinless chicken and a tossed salad for dinner. The sodium won't be all that high since I'll only have two ounces (half) of the Chipotle chicken and I'll drink water and green tea all day as promised. Funny how that turned out to be a reward for me if I stick to the protein shakes for meal replacements the rest of the day.

Lizzie (Lizards13) I've eaten lamb only once in my life. In my part of the US and in the grocery stores and butcher shops where I live, it's very hard to find even a lamb chop, much less a leg of lamb. For that green bean casserole I mentioned that you said sounded interesting, I neglected to say that the sauce for the casserole is made with a product that we call condensed soup--in order to make it into soup, you have to add water to the contents of the can. But for the casserole we don't add water. So it's green beans coated with the thick, creamy mushroom sauce and then topped with crisp French fried onions and baked until bubbly hot. It's really yummy and really chock full of carbs that I shouldn't have. I'm glad you enjoyed watching the race on TV. DH and I watched a golf tournament Easter evening.

Nobe, you did an absolutely spectacular job eating on Easter! Way to go!

Wow, I do believe I'm caught up on the posts. And I've still got time to throw in a load of laundry and brush and floss my teeth (missed that this morning) before having to go pick up the kids from school. Oh, geez, where was my head? I was wondering how I managed to get so much done already today and was giving myself props for such great time management--then I remembered I was awake before 5AM so got almost a 2 hour headstart on my day. LOL

Last edited by Mern; 04-10-2012 at 04:20 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:21 AM
FitDay Member

HKG (HardcaorKittyGirl) Congrats on breaking your on-and-off exercise pattern.

Cassie (cjohnson728) Are your computer issues now resolved. Did you recover from the virus you found?

Mike, I've never been on a motorcycle even though my bro owns a huge Harley. I had no idea it can be a workout, but it does make sense to me that you'd need to use a lot of muscle at times in maneuvering. Nice that you made some new riding buddies. Kudos on the bench pressing. 400+ in calories to start off the week isn't all that bad. Plenty of time to make up for it.

April (wildbeanerz) yeah, I made that mistake with a salad before--I think mine was at Steak 'N Shake, though, where it was a tossed salad with chicken but also had dried cranberries and sugared walnuts and came with fat free dressing that had added sugar in it. But again, your great yardwork went a long way in damage control. I love a Mexican salad from Chipotle and was disappointed when my live-in DH asked me this morning to take her there for dinner tonight. I was disappointed because she and I do Chipotle together and I thought I couldn't have it tonight. BUT I can and still keep the promise I made in my goals this morning because I always eat only half that salad at a time with my own low carb Ranch dressing at home AND I had already said I'd do skinless chicken and a tossed salad for dinner. The sodium won't be all that high since I'll only have two ounces (half) of the Chipotle chicken and I'll drink water and green tea all day as promised. Funny how that turned out to be a reward for me if I stick to the protein shakes for meal replacements the rest of the day and only low carb veggies with Ranch dressing for snacks.

Lizzie (Lizards13) I've eaten lamb only once in my life. In grocery stores and butcher shops where I live, it's very hard to find even a lamb chop, much less a leg of lamb. For that green bean casserole I mentioned that you said sounded interesting, I neglected to say that the sauce for the casserole is made with a product that we call condensed soup--in order to make it into soup, you have to add water to the contents of the can. But for the casserole we don't add water. So it's green beans coated with the thick, creamy mushroom sauce and then topped with crisp French fried onions and baked until bubbly hot. It's really yummy and really chock full of carbs that I shouldn't have. I'm glad you enjoyed watching the race on TV. DH and I watched a golf tournament Easter evening.

Nobe, you did an absolutely spectacular job eating on Easter! Way to go!

Wow, I do believe I'm caught up on the posts. And I've still got time to throw in a load of laundry and brush and floss my teeth (missed that this morning) before having to go pick up the grandkids from school. Oh, geez, where was my head? I was wondering how I managed to get so much done already today and then I remembered I was awake before 5AM so got almost a 2 hour headstart on my day. LOL

Last edited by Mern; 04-10-2012 at 04:27 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:25 AM
FitDay Member

Mern ... Just curious...do you feel deprived when you just have your shakes all day until dinner? ... What a nice surprise for tonight! Going to Chipotle and having it fit right in your plan.

Ama ... I am always hungry the day after I overeat. I think it has to do with all the carbs.

Becky ... You are one busy girl. Moving, working, eating healthy, exercise! ... Sometimes (not always!) I give away my tempting foods. I do have a hubby & 2 sons though that have tempting foods in the house all the time. I have just worked it out in my brain that (usually) I don't need those foods anymore so they don't tempt me.

Cassie ... I stole you pot plant goal. What that doesn't sound right!! I have a plant in my office that was here when I got the job that all grows out one side of the pot. I need to redo it and add something to the other side so it is more even. ... How scary is it to let your son drive? I have that coming next year as mine turned 15 yesterday!

Kim ... I hope you feel better soon. Don't push too hard & fast at getting back to your exercise and injure yourself so you are off longer. Take it easy for a bit.

Quinn ... Is that a grad party you are planning?

Jeanne ... Welcome to the bunch! Nice goals!

Tori ... I have the laundry problem too. It is never done unless everyone is naked! ... I am so glad to read that you are in better spirits! and Skype with CN had to be extra special.

Jho ... maybe we should get a booster seat for the middle of the wagon to strap those in who fear they may fall off.

Nobe ... Sounds like you had a wonderful guilt free day!

Luv ... Nice to see you back! You were missed last week!

Lizzie ... I wish when my scales go up it was slow. Mine go 3-5 lbs at a time!! ... I bet you felt so nice wearing a dress. I know I feel different when I wear a skirt to work sometimes.

Hope ... Only 100 calories over? That isn't bad.

Mike ... I see 300 in your future!

Just thinking out loud here but I wonder why I had such a harder time with Easter than I did at Christmas. I had the same meal basically and even more cookies in the house at Christmas but I didn't crash like I did this past weekend.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:44 AM
FitDay Member

Today is the finally level 2 30 days Shred has become a bit easier

just eat soufflé of macaroni homemade fresh cheese and cauliflower

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.