Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 04/09/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 04/09/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 04/09/12

Old 04-13-2012, 04:45 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone!

Today was pretty bad. I did alright most of the day, but I just got so hungry at night and ended up munching on some pretty high calorie foods. Peanuts, trail mix, and caved in for a grilled cheese sandwich... I need to have some lower calorie foods around the house for snacking if I end up hungry at time.

Anyway, I'm tired. And hoping that tomorrow is better! Here's the check in for today:

1) Eat 3 regular low-calorie meals a day. M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, T: No, F: Yes but snacking at night.
2) Keep at least 600 calories restriction per day. M: 1321, T: 1299, W: 1237, T: 936, F: +168 epic fail today.
3) Exercise at least 3 times and go for a walk at least twice. M: cardio video, T: Cardio video+stretches, W: walking up and down stairs carrying laundry was enough for me today, T: No, F: No[/COLOR]
4) Plan meals ahead and have everything handy so I don't have excuses not to eat. Yes, T: No
5) Hide all the chocolate given to me this morning! Told husband to do so.
6) Log in foods and activities every day and get more involved with the forums. M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, T: Not until the next morning, F: Waiting until evening to compile everything is not a good idea.

I'm sorry I haven't been reading or replying much. Hopefully after the move I'll get more involved here and get to know some of you.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Becky
Old 04-14-2012, 01:12 AM
Super Moderator

Hi everyone!

Becky, don't sweat the overage. You're already kicking it with great deficits earlier in the week, so move on to a new day. You're doing great!

Ok, April, I am repotting the plant today. Seriously. You, too!

Ama, glad to see you back. Hope you get a bit of down time this weekend.

Mern, you are such a kitchen wizard. You make low-carbing sound good . Hope you all are hanging on.

Nobe, what a workhorse you've been with your painting. Calories burned, calories burned!

Lizzie, hope you have a lovely weekend. I saw your other post about not waiting till Monday to be good; great way to think about it. I hope to share your motivation.

Terrie, that temptation would kill me. You must have willpower of steel. How old are your kids? Our HS offers a wonderful culinary arts set of classes, quite popular among girls and boys both. It's a great skill and interest to have, I think.

Made it through my quadruple-booked day (actually, 3/4 of appts. turned out to be assigned to postdocs I was supervising and were infants/toddlers, so I did not have to spend too much time with each one). I was out unexpectedly late due to son signing up for an impromptu round robin after his tennis lesson...which was after 2 hours of HS practice...so we got home at 9:30, not having eaten yet. He and my husband went to a restaurant I don't particularly care for (wings, wings, and more wings, plus more sporting events on TVs than you ever thought possible) and I was perfectly content to sit with a book and a huge bowl of popcorn and call it dinner, and chase it with some frozen yogurt and a hot bath. Not my best nutritional day, but the calories were in line and it was good for my mental state!

Today we have a band event that is a "taste of..." festival and that will be dinner, so I need to be really careful. It's one of those things where different restaurants offer samples for tickets, the band sold tickets, etc. Off to check out the restaurant list now.

1. Calories 1300 or fewer. 786, 1231 (not bad for pizza night ), 1005, 1084, 1187
2. Exercise 8 hours. 2.5, 2, 0, .5, 0; got my work cut out for me this weekend!
3. Drink at least 2 big sports bottles water per day. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, No
4. Sleep at least 7 hours per night. 6, 7.5, 7, 7, 8
5. Follow my pie chart rules. Fair, Good (short a gram or 2 of fiber, but I'll make it up), Great, and I made up the fiber shortage, Good, Fair (little low on protein)
6. Log everything and check in daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Logged all but didn't check in
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, No

8. Repot the plant that's been on my list for the past 3 weeks!
9. Scope the new part of the trail for summer/fall goal. 85% done, will finish this wkd with hubby
10. Wash car.
11. Take the boy driving twice. Once-briefly
12. Make time to scrapbook at least once.
13. Start taking notes on college applications/finances.Bookmarked a few sites, started reading; meeting today with school counselor, Picked Quinn's brain for two days, lol!
Old 04-14-2012, 02:01 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Friday Update

Darn it - this is twice this week I have posted and it has not shown up Well I guess that means I get to spare you all with my long post. Now I have time to post my Friday updates, the rest will have to wait until tonite.

Health and Wellness Goals
1. Keep a deficit for the week of at least 3000
2. Walk every day for at least 30 minutes N-N but I was up and down a ladder all afternoon. That should count as a walk-N -N
3. To bed by 11pm Y-N 11:45-Y-Y
4. Eat meals at a regular consistent time - and eat 3 meals a day. Y-Y-N-(Dinner after 9 pm, but light - nibble on fruit and celery)-Y
5. Drink at least 150 oz of water / tea a day. 80-108-132-180

Other Goals
1. Set up shelf for fabrics
2. Complete quilt club project by Wednesday - No
3. Complete at least 1 overdue job at work along with regular work
4. Do my dishes every day Y-Y-Y-Y
5. Clear the paperwork off my desk by Friday-YES!

I am working today My Saturday's are not to be meant working but my only playday of the week. Oh well!

Have a great Saturday!
Old 04-14-2012, 02:25 AM
Super Moderator

Hey, Jeanne, sorry you have to work today. Good for you for logging on, though. A lot of us find it easy to fall off during the weekends.

Some folks will copy their post to a clipboard, word doc, or notepad before posting, just so it's not lost in cyberspace forever, if you want to think about those options to avoid the frustration of losing what you composed. We've all been there!

Congrats on clearing your paperwork...I should steal that goal .
Old 04-14-2012, 04:49 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie. Hope you are doing well today, I love those "taste of" events. I have been very good today but it's still early lol. Took mum out for coffee and managed to avoid the muffins.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:09 AM
FitDay Member

I've been off the grid these past two days what with Passover and DD's b-day but I hope to get back on. No time to post or read stuff but I am just checking in to say I am still with you. DD's b-day was off the charts great (and I was sort of dreading it.) I know I will have some Passover backlash but hoping that with your help and support I can contain it and minimize the damage.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:30 AM
Super Moderator

Hope, so glad the b-day was great and so much better than you feared .

Yes, you will get back on track. Starting now?

I logged on to say we are leaving for Taste of... I will commit to posting what I tasted when we get back, that should make me think twice (especially since one of the restaurants there has a bakery attached and they do their own homemade s'mores, with homemade graham crackers and marshmallows!).

Wish me luck!
Old 04-14-2012, 06:31 AM
Super Moderator

Ladies, do you get the feeling we have become bike widows?????
Old 04-14-2012, 08:02 AM
FitDay Member

Well I guess two hours of fast walking a day is my limit. I was delivering ads for my dad again today. He seems to think I can do it 8 hours a day and is making me feel bad about the fact that I can't. I should have said no to this job, it's becoming one big guilt trip. I guess mailmen either have much better shoes than me or have just developed callusses, because my feet are bloody stumps. Or maybe that's why they get paid $30 an hour.

But hey, I did two hours of fast walking today, on the bright side.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:48 AM
FitDay Member

Weekend is here and so far I am doing pretty good! As long as I cook and don't let DH get into the "let's just go out to eat" mode I can pretty much stay within limits. Besides it is warm, sunny and great gardening weather, so we have been outside most of the day getting a little exercise!

Jeanne - I have lost several posts as well - the program times out after a while. I use a word doc to type most of my posts and copy/paste.

Cassie - Oohhh... a tasting festival, sounds terrific! I hope you have fun!

Becky - One over-the-top day will be just fine... I know what you mean about the night-time munchies though. So very hard to resist! I caved into cereal last night because that was the only sweet thing in the house. I try to keep those little chocolate squares in the house as my one after dinner snack. They are so sweet that they cut the craving with just one, and just need to plan in the 70 cals that come with it by logging ahead of time. I hope the moving plans are going well!

Lizzie - Good job avoiding the muffins! Now that is willpower!

Plan for dinner is gluten free pasta with a home-made veggie sauce. Salad, with low-cal dressing and one chocolate mint after dinner to cut the sweet craving. I think I may be able to keep it under 1500 today!

Hope everyone's Saturday is going great! Ama

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.