Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/26/12

Old 03-29-2012, 03:48 AM
FitDay Member

Luv, I view the Eat Clean Pact as a valuable tool to help keep us from continuing to dig in--to the best of our ability. If we mess up once in a while, we're still way ahead of the game. We must give ourselves credit for each time the pact has helped us with our willpower. Kudos to you for stopping yourself yesterday. Congrats on the new scale. Best wishes on the new cleaning routines. Crud, I just had my second Hershey Sugar Free Dark Chocolate. Wish I'd held out until this evening. But I'll eat something yummy and nutritious for a snack later--maybe celery stuffed with shredded cheese and horseradish sauce or with peanut butter.

Tori, kudos for treating yourself to the perfume and some fun yesterday!

Cassie, congrats on all the blue in your report! Way to go! Thanks for your kind words. Oh, so sorry you had that experience of your son being colicky as a baby. My oldest granddaughter was colicky, too and we kept the simethicone manufactures in business for quite a while. High praise to whomever discovered simethicone worked for colic/gas--that must have saved the sanity of a LOT of moms and grandmas. LOL

Tunnrida, best wishes on finding a satisfying daytime job. Great job on your protein intake.

Quinn, happy spring cleaning! Kudos on the good idea of the fruit and granola to help you avoid the drive-thru.

Freshman, wonderful that your parent-boyfriend introduction went well. Lasagna does happen sometimes! Portion control is one of my biggest problems when it comes to pasta. Kudos on the idea for the hardcore workout. Wishing you good control the rest of the day.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele
Freshman: Pasta can be dangerous!!! I like your plan of just going for a workout. Eat sensibly the rest of the day and hopefully it'll be less than a blip on the weight radar. Hey, sometimes bodies even respond well to a random high-cal day (mine certainly seems to, anywho). Good luck to you!
Originally Posted by Mern
Freshman, wonderful that your parent-boyfriend introduction went well. Lasagna does happen sometimes! Portion control is one of my biggest problems when it comes to pasta. Kudos on the idea for the hardcore workout. Wishing you good control the rest of the day.
Yeah, I plan on doing veggies for the rest of the day. Pasta is definitely my weakness! My workout made me feel a bit better about it. Don't you love when you jump off a treadmill or finish cardio and you can feel your heartbeat throughout your entire body!?

Taubele- It seems like we're both having luck with our boyfriends this week!

April- I don't know if anger burns calories (although some days I wish it would because I might never have to exercise again!) but I do know that stress can inhibit weight loss. Deep breaths!

Thanks again for the ongoing support, everybody! I should have started posting months ago!
Old 03-29-2012, 04:35 AM
Super Moderator

Default RAK worthy?

My brother, which is my business partner, needs either an extra 1/2 app or 1 app to make his bonus. I just wrote one and spilt it with him. So he got 1/2 of it. I may write another today or tomorrow and split it as well.

Oh yeah, I had the salesman at the motorcycle shop yanking my chain today. He's really got me pissed now. If I do buy come Saturday it won't be from him.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Oh yeah, I had the salesman at the motorcycle shop yanking my chain today. He's really got me pissed now. If I do buy come Saturday it won't be from him.
What did he do to yank your chain?
Old 03-29-2012, 05:25 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Freshman30
What did he do to yank your chain?
Yesterday he gave me one price on both bikes that was inline with just about every dealer selling them online. I wasn't sure if the 1000 (the black one) was $10,700 or $10,800 and if the 750 (blue one) was $9600 or $9700. I'm in sales myself and don't like to waste someones time, I like to crunch number and see if it works or not. (I did the same thing back in December when we went and bought a new F150). I called him today to verify the price and he was saying the price was like a $1000 higher!!! I confirmed that this was last years model (2011) because the price was much higher than what he told me yesterday and much higher than everyone else. He then scoffed at me and said that I don't even know if I want the 750 or 1000 so why should he waste his time working up a price. I told him "Are you serious? I'm trying to make this easier on you! If you don't want to sell a bike, I'll go elsewhere." I then told him that I'd prefer a Blue and White 1000, he said that it would cost more b/c they don't have it in stock and he'd have to ship it. I told him that I have a damn pickup truck, if I decide on that one, I'll go pick it up myself... I might as well buy it from that dealer while at it.

The problem is that he has three 2011's and the sale ends on Saturday. If they don't sell them asap they will be stuck with them since the 2012's are on there whay and who would buy a 2011 AFTER the sale ends when they can just get a 2012.

I'm very easy, I ask for a price and that's it. I don't like to play games, either you can do a deal or not, it's that simple. It's not like I'm asking for anything special, there are 1/2 dozen on ebay for the same price or LOWER than his original price... and I was fine with that b/c I'd rather buy local than have to ship. He's obviously too stupid to realized that I'm not out kicking tires and actually serious about buying.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:48 AM
Super Moderator

What a sleaze, Mike!!! Definitely don't give him a cent of commission!
Old 03-29-2012, 06:10 AM
FitDay Member

buffet.jpg

Found this on my facebook site. I have a serious craving for Panda Express right now!

Edit: I don't know how to resize photos!
Old 03-29-2012, 06:21 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hi everybody!

April – congrats on taking the steps necessary for your family – I know that is sometimes the toughest part! LOVE the sleepy smiley LOL

Terri/Hope – I’ve been doing Zumba for about a year and I swear I still look like that! LOL – congrats on your interview!

Ama – we currently live about 45 min from London (ON) on a 6.5 acre hobby farm – we bought the place about 5 days before we found out we were pregnant… now that we have two we want to be in the city! Hopefully we sell soon! I have not even seen green this week for that goal but I will still try!

Tori – Perfume IS expensive but it really does make you smell AND feel pretty! I have my “good”(aka expensive – I have stuck with Hugo Boss Women for years now) perfume and then I just have my cheap body spray that I love (calgon – hawiian ginger) Its so cheap I just spray it everywhere (me, my house, my car…) Looks like you are doing great with your goals! Glad I could be of some assistance – Tag team sounds good to me!

Mern – oh sweetheart – that sounds awful…. I’m sorry but I couldn’t help thinking of my dad who used to sing this every time we ate beans “beans, beans the magical fruit, the more you eat the more you toot…. The more you toot, the better you feel so eat those beans for every meal”!! Maybe this wasn’t sound advice…. Lol hope you are feeling better now!

Mike – congrats on your RAK – doesn’t that feel good!! Only 2 more to go!!!! Good luck on making your decision – I like the blue but I think its because that’s what your photo is!

I’m sooooo tired today – I’m pretty sure it’s the gray skies… not sure if I’m going to be able to work up the energy to get a bonus workout in tonight….. need…caffeine …..
Old 03-29-2012, 06:29 AM
FitDay Member

I hope I don't miss anyone and if I do please speak up!

Mern ... Oh so sorry to laugh at your gas story! That sounds painful but the way you tell it is comical. ... Your omelettes always sound so good. I am tempted to make one in the morning and bring it along to work. I always eat breakfast after I am at work for the day. ... I can't say the same for your celery with cheese & horseradish sauce though. That one doesn't appeal to me. I'd have to go for the PB on that one. LOL

Luv ... 2 oreos? Wow girl! That is some willpower. You will get right back to your pact today, I know you will.

Cassie ... Isn't it funny how something can bring back a memory of our kids being just babies and it seems just like yesterday? I wouldn't want to go back to the colicky days though. Oh Em Gee!

Nobe ... You are getting some nice deficits this week. ... LOL that is right, murder won't help me lose weight and I don't stay stressed out for long. It takes a good bit to get me going.

Mike ... Can you get the policies written up and then submit them next week so they hit that quarter? ... I hate when salesmen play that game. They never get my sale when they start that crap. ... I would count what you did for your brother as a RAK.

Stessa ... Nice to see someone else who is passionate about their animals. I know there are several of us here. I don't exactly work with rescue but all my boxers have been dogs that their current family was going to send to the shelter if nobody took them. One day I hope to have more time to be able to do some foster work for a boxer rescue.

Crazigerl ... What a touching story about your dad and the greyhounds! Brought a little tear to my eye. :') A happy tear though. ... Rest your legs for a day or two to ease up that pain. No sense in further injuring it. You can work arms seated if you need to be doing some form of exercise.

Tunnrida ... I did my Jillian work today too. I did the last day of level two of the 30 day shred. Tomorrow will be day 1 of level 3. I watched it last night and OMG I don't know how I am going to manage all that. I am a much bigger girl than they are!

Quinn ... I have a hard enough time keeping up after my 1 house. I don't know how you are managing 2!

Freshman ... Glad your BF/parents intro went well. ... Splurges happen. The best thing you can do is start over right now. Don't fall into that trap of feeling like you should just take the rest of the day off. Sometimes we have to restart with each bite, meal, hour, day...whatever it takes. You can do it!

Terri ... Congrats on getting the next step of the interview process! I hope that your meeting there goes well and you figure out if it is a good fit for you or not.

Ama ... If you are showing a deficit daily and your scale is going up you may want to look for sodium in your diet. Sodium makes our bodies hold water. Also are you logging sleep as an activity. It will reduce your spent calories if you log the sleep in. If you are doing all these things and it is still off....are you weighing & measuring your food? Maybe you are underestimating your portion sizes. Just some suggestions.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Freshman30
Yeah, I plan on doing veggies for the rest of the day. Pasta is definitely my weakness! My workout made me feel a bit better about it. Don't you love when you jump off a treadmill or finish cardio and you can feel your heartbeat throughout your entire body!?
Totally agree with this... I may be crying before I start... or kicking and screaming BUT when I'm done, I feel great! I just have to try to remember that feel good part! Its a love-hate relationship!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.