Notices

HCG and Excercise

Old 03-25-2012, 11:55 AM
FitDay Member

Default HCG and Excercise

Hello Everyone!

I am doing the HCG diet and I have a few friends who are also doing the diet. What I am curious about is if anyone doing this diet has noticed that they don't lose weight when they are exercising on the diet. I have noticed that on days that I workout I won't lose any weight. I have a friend who literally didn't lose any weight for 3 weeks (and finally stopped the diet) and she was working out every day. I know they say you are supposed to increase your caloric intake if you are working out a lot but I find that I really don't need to as far as energy is concerned. Has anyone else experienced this?

p.s. eating nothing but apples today sucks, I hate apples...
Old 03-25-2012, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

The only people I know that did it didn't exercise.

Try a different type of apple next time. Not are apples are created equal. I prefer Gala apples.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:56 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you for the quick response. I actually went to the local health food store and bought almost every type of apple they had. I still don't like apples but I found 2 (out of like 10 different kinds) that I thought were tolerable.
Most everyone that I know who has done the diet also did not exercise, and the ones who did had big plateau problems.
I actually researched it today which took a while...and discovered that strenuous activity should be completely avoided on all stages of the diet. They said basically if you workout hard then you will cause yourself to lose weight slower or you could stop the weight loss altogether. Disappointing because I enjoy working out. I think I'm still going to hike on Saturdays, but I will just be aware of the consequences.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:09 AM
FitDay Member

The stuff that is sold as HCG over the counter is not real HCG, you can only get it by Rx or maybe from a website "for research purposes only". Real HCG has similar effects to lutenizing hormone in that it stimulates testosterone production.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

Yep, ibCry is right. Those diets work for people becasue they're on extremely limited calories. My wife "tried" it and the diet called for drinking a ton of water and eating almost nothing. Took one look and knew it wouldn't work. No way I could function on a 500 calorie a day diet.