Notices

Exercise Bikes and Other Cardio Machines

Old 03-20-2012, 12:35 PM
FitDay Member

Location: Born in Deutschland Now I reside in the East Coast of the USA
Smile Exercise Bikes and Other Cardio Machines

Hi friends!

Now that I have been motivated to add exercise as well as dieting into my weight loss journey, for some reason I got addicted to the idea of an exercise bike!

Today I purchased an Airdyne exercise bike that works your legs and arms. It will be here on Thursday! I want to work on in solitude for a bit before I reach my first main goal of losing 50lbs because of lack of self esteem.

My goal is biking for 1 hour 3 days a week, and Biking for a half hour, then weight training for a half hour, for another three days of the week!

I don't want to watch tv or read while working out because I want to stay focused on doing the best work out possible.

So! Who here loves their exercise bike or cardio machine for losing weight and why? Why do you love your machine in general?

Who has tips for making a long period of working out on any sort of exercise machine a little bit more fun and way less boring?
Old 03-20-2012, 02:05 PM
FitDay Member

Good for you! I keep shuffling the songs on my iPod for each new workout when I run or use the stationary bikes at my gym. This keeps my workouts varied and interesting - like intervals - fast songs mixed with slower songs (add resistance, like you are climbing a hill) - keep things mixed up.

Good luck!
Old 04-03-2012, 05:45 AM
FitDay Member

I use a stationary bike! Mine is also designed to work my arms but I bike at a fast pace so it just makes my arms flail around uncomfortably. I use small weights when I'm on my bike instead.

I also love the stair stepper. It gets my heart going extremely fast and it's great for toning my legs and bottom!

My only complaints are that Fitday doesn't have a log for biking over 30mph. It also claims that the stair stepper (or stair-treadmill ergometer) only burns 9 calories/minute. But I work up a major sweat doing 80 steps/minute and I refuse to believe that I burn more calories when I'm walking at a 3mph pace and not sweating at all.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:30 PM
FitDay Member

Cardio Workouts at Home is the solution for today’s hectic lifestyle. One of the best things about having cardio equipment at home is zero excuses. People will have so many excuses when they feel lazy to go to the gym and with cardio equipment at home, there would be no more excuses.
Old 12-14-2014, 05:36 PM
FitDay Member

Default Exercise Machines

Such a nice goal .. I am using Horizon Fitness RC-30 Recumbent Exercise Bike .. It is best for low-impact exercise in the home..

Last edited by Kathy13118; 12-14-2014 at 06:55 PM. Reason: removed link
Old 01-08-2015, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

I set little challenges for myself every time that I ride my bike. Every workout has a mini goal such as pedaling for one minute straight at a specified level of resistance as hard as I can. That way I am thinking about that mini interval leading up to it and then when I'm done with it I'm so relieved its' over that the rest of the workout seems easier.