Notices

Stuff my Boyfriend Says

Old 03-23-2012, 01:05 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
I wanted to buy more shoes the other day and the comment I got was "Why do you need more shoes? Are you feet losing weight too?" LOL
My shoes have gotten looser and someone mentioned to me that I needed new shoes. I am scared to get a smaller size though because I have very wide feet and I'm afraid of what will happen to them if I get a smaller size.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Rubystars
My shoes have gotten looser and someone mentioned to me that I needed new shoes. I am scared to get a smaller size though because I have very wide feet and I'm afraid of what will happen to them if I get a smaller size.
Feet don't lose weight (not significantly) but ankles do. If your shoes are looser it's probably because of your ankles. Try lacing your shoes a little tighter. If they're still loose, you may have actually stretched them out.

Also, when buying shoes, buy them at night or late afternoon after you've been walking around all day. That's when your feet are at their puffiest and most sensitive. It will give you a better idea of how the shoes your trying on will fit in the long run.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by KoolKatUK
Hehe, yep!

My fiancé also tells me he'd think I'm beautiful even if I get really big which is sweet and lets me know he loves me, but it doesn't really help with motivation lol although I don't think I'd ever want him to tell me he'd stop loving me if I reached a certain weight.
A lot of these are really sweet. Which is wonderful. I have to agree that my boyfriend is the opposite of motivation. He makes me feel so beautiful and sexy that my weight loss has significantly slowed since we started dating. I've been gone up a few pounds here and there.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:47 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Freshman30
Feet don't lose weight (not significantly) but ankles do. If your shoes are looser it's probably because of your ankles. Try lacing your shoes a little tighter. If they're still loose, you may have actually stretched them out.

Also, when buying shoes, buy them at night or late afternoon after you've been walking around all day. That's when your feet are at their puffiest and most sensitive. It will give you a better idea of how the shoes your trying on will fit in the long run.
I disagree. Feet most definitely do get smaller when you lose significant weight and larger as you gain weight. You can't really go by size, but by fit. I do agree that trying on shoes in the afternoon or evening is the best time to do it.

Originally Posted by Rubystars
Again, go by fit and not by size. You may find you need a smaller size but in a wide width, or a regular width in a bigger or smaller size. Buying shoes is like buying jeans or bathing suits...you have to be prepared to spend some time finding out what is exactly right for your shape, because one size does not fit all! As far as being afraid to get a different size, if you take the time to choose wisely, and wear them only indoors for a day or two so you can still return them if you need to, you should be okay.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:59 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I disagree. Feet most definitely do get smaller when you lose significant weight and larger as you gain weight. You can't really go by size, but by fit. I do agree that trying on shoes in the afternoon or evening is the best time to do it.
I stand corrected! I did a little digging and learned that there are fat stores in the tops of your feet and toes where the hair grows. Listen to Cassie; I'm just a freshman.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Freshman30
I stand corrected! I did a little digging and learned that there are fat stores in the tops of your feet and toes where the hair grows. Listen to Cassie; I'm just a freshman.
Yeah, my feet are definitely "thinner". I can see the tendons more and actually seem to have more space between toes (toes lost weight? LOL) but my hubby on the other hand was being a smart ass because he doesn't see the point in more shoes! LOL
Old 03-27-2012, 12:38 AM
Super Moderator

Fingers, too...sometimes rings have to be resized!
Old 03-27-2012, 12:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Yeah, my feet are definitely "thinner". I can see the tendons more and actually seem to have more space between toes (toes lost weight? LOL) but my hubby on the other hand was being a smart ass because he doesn't see the point in more shoes! LOL
I say, get some shoes! Especially if you need more sneakers! Ill fitting sneakers are terrible not only for your feet but your back too. And hey, you can never have too many shoes. ;]