Notices

food scale?

Old 03-19-2012, 05:04 AM
FitDay Member

Default food scale?

Does anyone else weigh the majority of their food or is it just me?
Old 03-19-2012, 05:47 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by hippie_girl
Does anyone else weigh the majority of their food or is it just me?
Oh, absolutely. Almost two years into this I still weigh and measure most things. You do get better "eye balling" food with practice but anything potentially "dangerous" I make it a point to check. I think a food scale and measuring cup are two of the most important things to get when entering into a lifestyle change like this.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-19-2012, 09:22 AM
FitDay Member

I measure most things when I can. I'd rather be safe than sorry when I look at the scale the next weigh in.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:35 AM
FitDay Member

I agree with Michael. I measure just about anything that I would normally overeat in the past. About the only things I don't are onions, lettuce and carrots LOL!!
Old 03-19-2012, 09:40 AM
FitDay Member

Wink I agree with Terri & Michael.

I weighed things a lot for about 3 months, but now I do less because I know more what a portion/serving/oz is. When I have doubts or I want to give myself "pop" quizzes, I weigh food. In fact, last week I made a point of weighing & measuring certain foods only for the reason to see how correct I was. I surprised myself at how well I "guestimated" certain items.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
I agree with Michael. I measure just about anything that I would normally overeat in the past. About the only things I don't are onions, lettuce and carrots LOL!!
The reason I would measure lettuce & carrots is to make sure I get enough. That is a weakness of mine. Sadly, I'm not naturally a low-starch veggie lover (except for green beans).
BUT I am making progress in liking the lettuce family and doing better with eating enough servings. I cannot for the life of me, see myself overeating on those type of veggies!
Old 03-23-2012, 05:30 AM
FitDay Member

I weigh everything...especially onions. Onions are fairly high carb--lots of natural sugar. I want the flavor, not the bulk.

One thing I will do is weigh a food and then package a lot at one time. If I know that 4 oz of cabbage is a serving size and it fills up to the green line in my glass bowl, I will measure the first portion and then portion out the rest to the green line.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:21 PM
FitDay Member

Yes i do it because my gym instructor advised me to calculate calories of my food and i have a digital fool scale in my kitchen.I am always interested to get approximate count of calories in food.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 02-05-2014 at 02:07 AM. Reason: edited out link to website
Old 02-04-2014, 08:58 PM
FitDay Member

I think for control over you weight you must have a control over your diet. So you must need a proper weighting instrument that help you in measuring the weight of your diet. Which help you in control your weight.

Last edited by Smithmorkal; 02-12-2014 at 05:11 PM.