Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/19... Who's In? :) >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/19... Who's In? :)

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/19... Who's In? :)

Old 03-20-2012, 12:07 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Okay, so while I was walking I had a great thought. I just need some women to help me carry it out. When the boys were little I could get them jeans with elastic straps inside that had button holes so you could make the waist tighter. We need these for women! It would be so convenient to be able to take my jeans in an inch without having to buy another size. Amy ... do you think you could get working on that? You know, in your spare time!?
That's genius!!! It could even be a post market ad-on, mmmm let me think on it. Men's dress pants typically come with an extra bit of fabric, so you can usually let out an entire size in the seat.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:02 PM
FitDay Member

Ruby: I am sorry that your rice pilaf didn't come out right. I have a few cooking disaster as well, I know how you feel.

Mern; the spinach muffin omelet is good but it's not the same as a traditional omelet. I like it though, much healthier. I microwaved 45 seconds, perfect. I am sorry that you are not well. Hope you get well soon, get back on track.

I did ok today, but feel quite bloated.

I am, on the other subject, feel depressed, stressful. I think I didn't get enough sleep. I have 2 kids and both are difficult in sleeping habit. My older grew out of it but the younger (4 years) still wake up 1or 2 times and insisted that he is scared and want me to sleep with him. We have to talk and finally he go back to sleep. then I can't go back to sleep after that. I don't know what to do? Happened every night. If I am lucky, he will sleep through the night 1 a months or so. Anyone have tips or advices? Thanks
Old 03-20-2012, 01:10 PM
FitDay Member

A very stressful day with financial aid snafu's... ugh. Will be spending tomorrow morning on the phone trying to straighten it all out. Today went well diet-wise. Day 2 back on the wagon and all is going smoothly.

Tuesday:

1. No more than 1200 calories; no excuses... none. 879, 1002
2. 80 oz. of water everyday. Yes, Yes
3. Hike 3 times, minimum. 0, 0
4. 4 fruits and veggies a day; again, no excuses. 2 because I skipped 2 meals, 5
5. Lose 2 lbs. by Friday. Working on it.
6. Take all Vitamins and supplements, even the big, nasty ones. Yes, Yes
Old 03-20-2012, 01:39 PM
FitDay Member

Default Ha! Ha! Is that a sign?

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
FYI, I tried to post to push Quinn and Luv but it locked up and logged me out!! I gave up. Maybe later.
But that is frustrating when things lock up.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Because my body is wanting to stay around a certain weight, it's time to change things a bit. I've been re-reading FitDay articles & the Best of Series.

I plan to do the following & reflect them in my goals:
1. Caloric Range needs to be 1500-1600 rather than 1600-1700. Aiming for 1500 -> probably will help me to lose 2 lbs per week. Fingers crossed.

2. Water: Time to up the water once again. Now from 64 oz to 80 oz. I'm drinking 16 oz easily four times by evening meal.

3. Weekend & Evenings: My caution zones. I've to think about this. I like tea which helps sometimes in evenings. Would like to do different activities on the weekend than what I do during the week.

4. Sleep: I think as I re-make my mornings, it will help to resolve this issue. I used to get up without alarm clock regularly.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:22 PM
FitDay Member

Default TUES Report. I plan to catch up on posts tomorrow.

"EAT CLEAN" PACT
*Jho82, Mern, nobe, Hope, Ama, Amy, & Luv*

*STARTS anew weekly thru 4/28. Sun MN thru Sat MN.*

"You can set your own clean eating terms--it may mean different things for different people Just be honest with yourselves--there are no food police here." ~ Mern

Please let me know if you want to opt in or out.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Major object of my DAY (Life) goals is for me to re-train my body for earlier hours so I can get a start before others are up & before the heat of the day.
Sun = Cushion Day -> Respite with Reason . . . Daily = x6/wk

____FIT___health_____daily

FOCUS (2) Mind & Heart
1. Audio Bible &/or Hlth Group Bk Study *~* YES {M_T_ }
2. Thankfulness Journal Entry *~* YES {M_T_ }

INTAKE (4) Nutrition
FOOD .'. {5 Grain/Meat/Veg/Oils} & {3 Dairy~1½ Fruit} & {1-2 Extra}
3. Eat Clean (Avoid Junk) -> YES {M_T_ }
4. *1500* -1600 Calorie -> YES {M_T_ }
5. Water (64 oz) -> YES {M_T_ }
:::WATER (80 oz) Wed thru Sun ->
6. Supplements -> YES {M_T_ }

TRAIN (2) Movement
7. Focused Exercise (5 times) *~* YES {M_T_ }
*** Aerobic (150"): 60"
*** Muscular (Circuit x3): x1
*** Distance - Feet (10 mi): 4.5 mi.

8. Lifestyle Activity (Min. 1 hr daily) *~* YES {M_ } ::: NO {T_ }

___DAY____life_____weekly
Will see results on weekend.
Stamp "Done" or "Incomplete" @ end of week.

...................DAZZLE...........
1. Kitchen (4 hr)*~*
2. Cleaning (3 hr) *~*
3. Clothing (x5) *~*
..........................ADMINISTRATE...........
4. Deskwork (30") *~*
................................YOMP-Outside Work..........
5. Spring Clean-up (1 hr) *~*

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-22-2012 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Copy Goals.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:25 PM
FitDay Member

Grrr.....my mind is in the right place this week but my hormones are interfering!! As I have gotten older, I've developed some seriously nasty PMS and it is messing up my plan for the week. I over ate by almost 200 calories yesterday and it was a struggle to not over eat tonight. Plus, I was horribly witchy to my hubby. ARGH!!!

I am seriously considering going back on the baby blocker pills which helped a little at regulating my hormone swings...it's either that or I book a special rubber room at the asylum!!
Old 03-20-2012, 03:21 PM
FitDay Member

Being a bad internet friend again because I'm still sick, but I wanted to say thanks again for the well-wishes and support! Hopefully I'll be able to see and think better tomorrow and catch up a bit more.

Pretty sure I'm quitting my job this week. It's a total clown show down there.

Today's numbers:

1) 1,700 calories max/day - 2243, 1602
2) walk for 1 hour, lift weights for 1/2 hour every day except work days (I only work 2-3 days a week), but do it on work days too if I feel like it - no but worked, no but worked
3) eat more protein, get up from 17% - 23%, 22%
4) 64oz water minimum - 48oz, absolutely no idea
5) calorie deficit at least 500 - 284, 795
Old 03-20-2012, 03:23 PM
FitDay Member

Tues Night report:

Health/Fitness
1. Work towards drinking min 64oz of WATER!! Y/N
2. Wake up early before my monsters wake up! Y/Y
3. PM workout Mon/Wed/Fri!! Y
4. Min 30 crunches/day (after The Voice) Y/Y
5. Log ALL food - no cheating or snacking on junk! Y/N
6. Calories below 1300/day! Y/Y

So even though I caved and bought a slushy at the movies tonight - I only drank half and figure most of it was ice....right? I did not get popcorn (and we all know that movie theatre popcorn is the best and the worst thing ever!)

I also did not hit my water goal - I was out for the day and forgot my bottle of water.... could have bought water at the theatre I guess....doh!

Mern/April- Of course we have Orajel! She eats it like candy! She is 15 mo - today was brutal. I think its her molars. Hope you are feeling better! Hubby did his crunches yesterday before I even did mine but today he was fighting it - so I yelled at him and he said he would do them! I just did mine and my core is hurting!!! LOVE IT!!

Hoping to get my tan-on tomorrow when I take the kids outside!! woohoo!

Mike - tks for getting mc hammer stuck in my head....

Welcome HCK!! I'm 2 weeks old - still getting the hang of things and learning the lingo!

Yourbadd - totally feel your pain - I'm went thru Post-partum (its my own fault for having my kids so close together - my hormones just couldn't handle it!)... I tried to deny it for the first 6 mo then finally went to the Dr for help. I could not believe that a simply hormonal imbalance can affect you like that!
Old 03-20-2012, 04:39 PM
FitDay Member

Totally with Nobe about being a bad internet friend. Frankly I don't understand how you girls put 36 hours into a 24 hour day. I think some of you are not sleeping.

Shout out to all the sickies, I hope you get better soon. Overall it looks like a good start for everyone.

My doggie is okay, we changed her food to get rid of the calcium deposits. Her blood work came back, she is in early stages of kidney failure. We don't have to make any final decisions today but it is on the horizon. I feel so bad for has taken care of the children when they were small she didn't let anyone but me come near them when they were sleeping. She has been an absolute friend. Some days I can totally understand the saying "sometimes I like my dog more than people". However, she is 13 which is already above her life expectancy.
Anyway, I had a good calorie day and definitely got all my water in.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:19 PM
FitDay Member

Default Tuesday's Result.

Daily Goals:
Drink at least 2.5 litres of water Y, Y
No more than 2 slices of bread Y, Y
At least 3 servings of fruit/veg Y/4, Y/5
Eat breakfast within 1 hour of waking Y, Y
Attend every booked fitness class, no cancelling! Y, Y

Other Goals
Birthday Friday = Don't go overboard!
Walk 3 miles x3 over the week 1 of 3 completed
Don't weigh myself

Had another positive day yesterday. Got all my water and fruits/veggies in, and did my BodyPump class where I exceeded my personal weights/stamina.

Mern. I'm sorry to see that you've not been well. Hopefully you're over the worst of it and it hasn't ruined your week completely!

Amy. Helloooo!!! Yes, I'm back and I'm staying, even after I meet my goal! How are you doing in getting to your goal?

April.
I work on an as and when required basis, and at the moment work is slow so I'm using all my extra spare time while I can. I'll have to drop some of the classes when I've got more hours.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.