Notices

Inaccuracy of Exercise Values?

Old 03-14-2012, 02:03 PM
FitDay Member

Trolling? Why would someone do that? Who has time for that? Yes, the program is working fine for you, but obviously I am still doing something wrong. If you are actually an administrator (I assume that, as you spend a lot of time and effort on this site), you might have tried to help. If not, whatever. Never mind, I will obviously figure it out myself.
Over and out.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Badinga, can you post a screenshot so I can see what's going on?
Thanks.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:44 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Mike,
Thanks so much for your offer of help. I am not sure about a screen shot,but I am trying! I can take the screen shot, but I just can't seem to paste it from my clipboard on my Mac. When I find the solution, I will definitely give it a go. Many thanks!
Old 03-15-2012, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by badinga
Why would someone do that?
I don't know, you tell me. But it's been done many times before and it will continue to be done. Here's one example where a person made up a complete fabrication of downloading the "Android App" when no app exists:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...-im-troll.html

The reason why I find this suspicious is because you're sticking with your claim that their is "inaccuracy" (until your last post) which is NOT true. There is no problem with the software (therefore "It is inaccurate for fast walking, as well." is FALSE), and yes there is a problem with what you are doing, if what you are saying is true.

But you have not provided any details. Nothing. No browser information, no screenshot, no details on the steps you've taken. You've just made a claim which appears to be totally baseless. And that's why *I* consider it suspicious.

As to why? Do you think competitors have a vested interest in eliminating their competition by launching a free negative propaganda campaign? Yes they do. That's why people invent stuff.

And you still haven't addressed your previous statement that "Hmm. I will try again." which does nothing for your credibility, now does it? Did you, or did you not "try again"?

You've doing nothing to help yourself here with this inherently suspicious topic (with the disparaging title); all you're doing is complaining about something not working for you and won't even follow through with something you said you were going to follow through with.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:42 AM
FitDay Member

Hmm. I did not know that about trolling. VitoVino, you are obviously doing a great job at keeping this site clean! I hope you are getting paid for that, or you are just generous with your time. Regarding my issue, I spent a great deal of time trying to figure out how to paste the screen shot into this little box, and even checked other Mac forums for the same question of how to do this, with no success. Unless you could be so kind to help me with my problem of pasting (which is above and beyond what you do here), I may have to try another avenue to fix the issue of calories being inaccurate, which will probably be to see if it rights itself over time, or keep checking the other functions for a solution. No big deal. BTW, when you posted your screen shot, I noticed your values for calories burned for "sitting" was over 2000 calories. Is this correct, or am I reading it incorrectly? If so, I don't really have to worry about burning calories!
Old 03-15-2012, 07:46 AM
FitDay Member

Well, wouldn't you know, when I tried again this morning, it worked. I don't know if I fiddled with something and corrected my values somehow on my end, or what. And, just so you know I did not ever think there was something wrong with the program. I plainly stated that I must be doing something wrong. Vito, you must have quite a vested interest in this fabulous program to take my comments on this site so personally to be defending it so fiercely. Hon, I appreciate what you do, and I'm sure others do as well. Just realize participants' comments here aren't meant to attack but, in general, to take part and learn. Thank you for that. Enjoy your day, and I look forward to future gentle conversations with you on this site.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

I'm glad you were able to get it resolved. If you have any more questions just let us know.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:33 AM
FitDay Member

Regarding my issue, I spent a great deal of time trying to figure out how to paste the screen shot into this little box, and even checked other Mac forums for the same question of how to do this, with no success. Unless you could be so kind to help me with my problem of pasting (which is above and beyond what you do here)

Easy enough. You have to upload your screenshot to an image host like

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

or

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

and then they'll give you the "direct" link (hotlink to the pic). You copy that direct link into the "insert image" button at the top of the text box screen here and that will do the trick.

Enjoy your day, and I look forward to future gentle conversations with you on this site.
OK, same here, and I'm glad it worked out for you.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:21 PM
FitDay Member

Many thanks for your help.