Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12 >

The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Notices

The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Old 03-14-2012, 04:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
I forgot who asked about the Cindy Sherman. I had always liked her work, at least the stuff I had seen over the years but this was rooms of it, and some of the images were really disturbing (what is that coming out of where?) Also the use of prostethetics (lots of fake breasts on medieval portraits and just some pointblank grotesque stuff) and some just depressing (faded beauties, women with black eyes, sad or dead eyes, women trying too hard or just giving up.) And let's not even talk about the creepy clowns. Very effective show but man were DH and I glad to look at some simple line drawings after that!!! Omigod is that a tree? It's tree!!!!! It's JUST a tree. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh....
It was me

I haven't seen anything she's done recently (actually, for some reason I thought she had died ) but I always loved her. I had a roommate years ago that did similar photography for school, except she'd have me do all the dressing up and posing, which was so much fun. Is her new stuff a lot darker?
Old 03-14-2012, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

Jho--Yell away, newbie or not I need to hear it this week. *It might take a day or two, but eventually the yelling will piss me off enough to get me up and doing something. *I'm normally not this negative, and I don't particularly like myself when I am. *How's this for a positive statement? I am positively not in a good mood today. My head still hurts, and my Internet is still down. *It's a gorgeous day out (72* and not a cloud in the sky) and I really need to get out there and finish cleaning out the car and give her a bath, but I just can't seem to come out from under the covers. I blame the cat. *She purrs and it puts me back into a coma like sleep.*

Mike--I don't know what I'm gonna do now. I might cry, cause that's what I feel like doing. *I may need to be called out by everyone before the week is up. *I just ain't feelin it. *And I wouldn't throw you under the bus! *Congrats in being down this morning! *I was too by the way, -1.8. Which puts me down a total of 0.2 so far for the week. *UGH.....it's gonna be a long week. *

Terri--Thanks for the hugs! *I know the scale is a little b-word most days. *And I try not to let it get to me...yesterday it threw me though. *I'll get back to the frame of mind that I need to be in. *Might take a week or two though. *

Amy--I HATE daylight savings time!! *For the first week or two, I'm constantly late for work. *My store manager said just yesterday this he remembers me doing this for the past 2 years. *While I do like it once summer hits, I hate it in the beginning. *I don't know how I'm going to be able to get my walking in if it's daylight til 9pm!!!

Ama--Breakstone's 2% cottage is my go to breakfast. *I use the single serve cups when I'm at work because it takes the guess work out of it when I'm on the go. *I normally pair it with some granola for crunch. *Keeps me going until lunch most days. *I really do have an advantage working grocery. *I have no excuses NOT to eat better than I do. *It's just choosing to do so. *The produce department is at my disposal 8-9 hours a day, and what do I gravitate to? *The chip aisle! *I just stand there going, MMMMM TATER CHIPS!!! *And then I go get an apple.*

My negativity in white:

I'm still not feeling it today. *Internet is still down, andy head still hurts. *I may have to see a doctor about my headaches pretty soon. *And my back. *It's started acting up again. *I thought at first my back was only giving me issues right before TOTM, but no. *It's now just doing it when it wants to. *I can be fine in the morning and by mid afternoon I can barely walk. *And heaven forbid I sit down after it starts hurting, I look like The Hunchback of Notre Dame when I try to get up. *I think I might be a little depressed too. *I haven't heard from CN since before Mardi Gras. I send his weekly emails, but get no reply. And I know he's probably just über busy, and I know I shouldn't worry. *If something bad were to happen, i would find out. *Still doesn't stop the worry though. * Some days I don't know if it's worth it. *I know that I'd probably feel better if I could just hear his voice. *Or see his smile. *Heck, I'd probably feel better if it were HIM yelling at me, telling me to GOMFLA. *Gah, I really don't know if I can do this for another 11+ months. Negative Nelly had pretty much taken over my brain. So before I get everyone else all depressed with me....I'm off to motivate myself into cleaning the car.

Last edited by ToriD1012; 03-14-2012 at 06:34 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
BTW you guys already influenced me. I had a veggie omelet (1 egg, 1 egg white with mushrroms, onions and red peppers on Pam sprayed pan) on a whole wheat wrap as opposed to scrambled eggs and bacon on toast. You guys rock.
That is what I have been eating lately too. 1 egg, 1 egg white and about 1/2-3/4 cup of roasted red & green pepper strips and onions. Usually a slice of american cheese in there. And then no bread or toast at all. So Yummy!! I can make this for me while I still make the guys what they want and I don't feel cheated out of 'the good stuff'.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nobe
It was me

I haven't seen anything she's done recently (actually, for some reason I thought she had died ) but I always loved her. I had a roommate years ago that did similar photography for school, except she'd have me do all the dressing up and posing, which was so much fun. Is her new stuff a lot darker?
I'm not sure it was just the new stuff. I think that I have seen the more whimsical stuff and this stuff was just deeper, more a commentary on the conditions various women face or how women are depicted and used throughout time.

Your experience sounds like fun except for someone like me. I hate to have my picture taken!!! I'd almost rather have someone shoot me than shoot me, if you know what I mean tho that MAY be overstating it....

Last edited by canary52; 03-14-2012 at 05:02 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
We are doing very well this week, Thank you for asking! We had a pretty major meltdown on Saturday but it must have been needed because since then has seemed to be all moving onward & upward. He even had a truly awesome family therapy session on Monday night and he doesn't care much for the poor guy that comes to the house.
I am so glad to hear this!!! This is great. You are an awesome Mom!!!
Old 03-14-2012, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

Goals (week 4 postpartum!):

1) walk every day at least 30 min (Y, Y, N but I cleaned the downstairs storage closet instead and went up and down the stairs a bunch and rearranged some boxes so I figure that counts as postpartum exercise, don't want to over do it)
2) super light strength training 2x (Y, Y)
3) Be nice to hubby (I think cleaning the closet counts as nice!)
Old 03-14-2012, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
That is what I have been eating lately too. 1 egg, 1 egg white and about 1/2-3/4 cup of roasted red & green pepper strips and onions. Usually a slice of american cheese in there. And then no bread or toast at all. So Yummy!! I can make this for me while I still make the guys what they want and I don't feel cheated out of 'the good stuff'.
Great minds think as one!!! I would have added my slice of lowish fat Swiss but seasonal (or unseasonal, as in weather - so warm! I love it!!) allergies are making me congested and the cheese would have made that worse.

Mern, the cheese was simply Kraft, believe it or not, no lactose, lowish fat. I love Cabot swiss (not low fat) but i have been unable to find it!

And yes Cassie where are you? Miss you, girl!!!
Old 03-14-2012, 05:01 AM
FitDay Member

WTF is up with all the asterisks in my last post???? I didn't do that. GRRR hate having to post from my phone!!!
Old 03-14-2012, 05:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
WTF is up with all the asterisks in my last post???? I didn't do that. GRRR hate having to post from my phone!!!
Girl, you are having one hell of a day! I hope that you find someone to go to the gym with or take a nice long walk with. Someone you can talk to would be wonderful. But if not, then someone you can sweat with would be just as good. (((hugs))))
Old 03-14-2012, 05:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
Ah, so it must be the collapsible kind, because I didn't see it at lunch and I was really hoping to.
Yeah, some people say "is that a pimp cane in your pants or are you happry to see me" No... not really.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.