Retry one year later >

Retry one year later

Community
Notices

Retry one year later

Old 03-02-2012, 05:24 AM
FitDay Member

Default Retry one year later

Last year I had pretty good start on dieting. Then it all went to heck when our joint Birthdays and Easter came around. Never got back on track.
This year I am starting with a different track.
I have given up drinking any beverage except water for Lent. It is part of a project to raise awareness about the lack of clean drinking water around the world. Since I am a coffee fanatic, I thought this commitment would help to break my dependence on coffee.
It is so hard. I have a real emotional connection to coffee. It is my reward, my inspiration, a pick me up and a calm me down. It gets me through work. Since I brew my own I won't be saving much money, cause I don't buy expensive coffee drinks or bottles of soda and juice etc. I also won't be saving much calories since I use Stevia and just a little milk. But hey - those little creamers should add up right?
I have lost 5 pounds in 9 days. Hopefully that stays off and continues. If I could lose 20 pounds by Easter (not likely I know) it might give me enough encouragement to go on.
Is anyone else getting a bunch of food ads (for cupcakes etc) on their fit day page?
Old 03-02-2012, 05:57 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome back! Sorry you got off-track, but hey, it happens (I've veered off a bit myself, from time to time). The important thing is that you accept it, and get back on plan as soon as you can (like you have now).

Stick with it and let us know how you're doing.

Regards,
Michael

PS If you take a screen shot of any ad you find objectionable and mail it to support they might get rid of it.