Notices

Is anyone else tired of not feeling sexy?

Old 01-07-2010, 06:19 PM
FitDay Member

Default the best thing I've done to make me feel sexy

Nothing has contributed to my sexiness quotient quite like belly dancing! I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone out there - most community and adult schools offer it now, and you don't even have to leave the comfort of your home if you choose, because there's so many instructional dvds out on the market, and even a cable show! If any one gets FitTv, check out "Shimmy" - great for all levels, from beginner to advanced (no, I have no stock in the show, but sure wish I did! LOL!) - And best of all, it DOESN'T MATTER if you are overweight, belly dancers come in ALL SHAPES AND SIZES! Trust me on this one, it's so fun and is a great calorie burner to boot.

Remember, sexy is a state of mind - tell yourself everyday that you are sexy and beautiful, and you will be!
Old 01-07-2010, 11:19 PM
FitDay Member

LADIES, LADIES, my weight is like a yoyo, 10 lbs on and off, and I know when I have to get the muffin tops down, but I feel sexy with 30 extra pounds on as much as I do with no extra weight! As for diet tips, Come home from work, cook supper for the family, then, sneak into your "workout space", have a great workout ALONE, then immediately finish, and then go eat what you want for supper! You will burn that meal off in 20 minutes cause you just worked out! THEN do not eat after supper! Works for me, you wake up starving cause your body burns while you sleep, and DRINK TONS OF WATER. You will be amazed at how fast you lose the weight when you do cardio 5x a week for 45 minutes! The weight just melts off you! Good luck and ALWAYS feel sexy, big or small!
Old 01-07-2010, 11:38 PM
FitDay Member

Belly dancing sounds too fun I know some movie rental places will even allow you to take out instructional videos free of charge no rental fee Family Video is one that does. So, we can all shimmy are way to Sexy
Old 01-07-2010, 11:39 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the diet tips!
Old 01-08-2010, 08:59 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Sexy Ladies!! I'm a n00b here, and this is my first post... but I feel where you are all coming from. I used to have body confidence, but after some debilitating injuries to my knees a few years back I totally let myself go. But I have decided that 2010 is the year for me to get my sexy back! Girl power! We can do this!
Old 01-08-2010, 01:39 PM
FitDay Member

I almost cried when I read the first post. You where able to put into words what has been nagging at me and taking away from so many parts of my life. I am a young married woman but after cleaning, taking care of the baby all day, fitting college homework in between diapers, and caring for a farm-full I, in no way, feel sexy. There are little things that help (painting my nails, a good yoga workout, a long shower) but I don't have time, energy, and I don't know about you but when I look in the mirror at the end of the day I see a worn out mom, student, maid and nurse that ate what she could get ahold of throughout the day and it went straight to the baby belly. Like many of you I do have a loving husband that finds me sexy at any size at least.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:26 AM
FitDay Member

Good for You ! I Love your enthusiasm What is your plan? I just got back on board a week ago and I already feel so much healthier and everyone knows a healthy person is a Sexy person right (lol) I try to check in frequently so I'm happy to have someone else travel along the path back to health and sexiness with! Got any great diet tips? I like to use a diet journal I find that if I document what I eat I do much better and lose weight easier. One of my favorite links is : Fitday.com or Sparkpeople.com although Spark people is more involved...check them out.

Last edited by msmarilyn3; 01-10-2010 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Post in reply to dj kymba
Old 01-10-2010, 02:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by my_new_guitar
I almost cried when I read the first post. You where able to put into words what has been nagging at me and taking away from so many parts of my life. I am a young married woman but after cleaning, taking care of the baby all day, fitting college homework in between diapers, and caring for a farm-full I, in no way, feel sexy. There are little things that help (painting my nails, a good yoga workout, a long shower) but I don't have time, energy, and I don't know about you but when I look in the mirror at the end of the day I see a worn out mom, student, maid and nurse that ate what she could get ahold of throughout the day and it went straight to the baby belly. Like many of you I do have a loving husband that finds me sexy at any size at least.
Wow, it sounds like you have a lot going on in your life...what are you going to school for? Are you able to carve some time out for yourself? Sometimes just starting with positive affirmations can make a differance. It seems silly but if you can start out each day saying something positive about yourself it may make a differance. Say, you look in the mirror and think ...My hair looks good today or I like the way I did my eye makeup anything positive about yourself. Keep it up adding more positive thoughts throughout the day it will help. You sound like an extraordinary person! Be proud of all you are already doing to make yourself better...knowledge alone is very Sexy! Remember that song by Christina Aguilera "You're Beautiful"
Old 01-11-2010, 05:16 PM
FitDay Member

Wink Bringin' Sexy Back - Yeah

I am totally with you on this one. I do not feel sexy at all. My husband is supportive as well, but it's how we see ourselves that really counts. If I'm not feeling confident in my body, it's going to be really hard to show confidence to others. I have been trying to lose weight for years and in 2007 I was all motivated. When the Justin Timberlake song came out "Bringin' Sexy Back", I thought, that's my theme song this year! I did ok, then got pregnant with my son the end of 2007 and out the door went my weightloss goals. I actually did lose a little weight in the beginning, and didn't get totally out of control during the pregnancy, but I started out about 40 lbs overweight.

I had my baby in July 2008 by emergency c-section. I felt totally betrayed by my body. It wasn't what I had 'planned' at all for his birth and it was much harder to recover then from a 'normal' birth. 2009 brought life crisis and I didn't get motivated until the end of the year.

I have my 20 year High School reunion and a family reunion this year and I want to have my picture taken without me throwing them all away afterwards! So , it's ON...in 2010, I'll be sexy again!
Old 01-11-2010, 11:46 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by LilMama
I am totally with you on this one. I do not feel sexy at all. My husband is supportive as well, but it's how we see ourselves that really counts. If I'm not feeling confident in my body, it's going to be really hard to show confidence to others. I have been trying to lose weight for years and in 2007 I was all motivated. When the Justin Timberlake song came out "Bringin' Sexy Back", I thought, that's my theme song this year! I did ok, then got pregnant with my son the end of 2007 and out the door went my weightloss goals. I actually did lose a little weight in the beginning, and didn't get totally out of control during the pregnancy, but I started out about 40 lbs overweight.

I had my baby in July 2008 by emergency c-section. I felt totally betrayed by my body. It wasn't what I had 'planned' at all for his birth and it was much harder to recover then from a 'normal' birth. 2009 brought life crisis and I didn't get motivated until the end of the year.

I have my 20 year High School reunion and a family reunion this year and I want to have my picture taken without me throwing them all away afterwards! So , it's ON...in 2010, I'll be sexy again!
It sounds like you have a goal date in mind....that is good It sometimes helps to have a date to work towards, but if you're anything like me you'll need to remember not to give up after that date. I tend to get lazy after my goal date and the pounds slide back on Keeping a diet journal helps alot and remember to be kind to yourself too. This morning I woke up feelin kinda bummed out because the weight isn't coming off quick enough so I have to remind myself that I didn't put on the weight overnight and keep plugging along. This site is a big help there Think happy thoughts because in todays world which can be full of havoc Happy= SEXY!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.