Notices

Who's got just 10-15 Pounds?

Old 03-14-2012, 05:15 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default hi, i'm back!

pam, congrats on the scale! i'm very excited for you and terribly terribly jealous!

i weighed in this morning at 130.2 which is what i think i weighed last time...

i'm bummed but honestly i guess i should just be thankful i didn't gain after being in the states for almost a week. i wasn't being careful whatsoever about what i was eating (even eating a few cookies and stuff) zero workouts, and i got sick (i always scarf on comfort food when i'm sick).

i'm starting to feel better but wondering when i can start working out again. one thing i am happy about: i'm AM pretty close to getting under 130, if i could just do that i feel like i would get a major motivation boost. i've been dragging above that number for ages.

i think i'll try to get as much rest as i can over the next few nights so i can hit the gym hard ASAP.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:50 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone! That is very sad news, Sara. It's wonderful that you were able to support your friend during this time.

I had a busy day and didn't weigh in until evening but was pretty pleased because I was 125.2 at the end of the day. The unseasonably warm mid-western days have helped me get outside and moving more these couple of days. Hopefully I can make time to do more yard work which is working out without thinking about it. That makes me very happy!
Old 03-14-2012, 03:54 PM
FitDay Member

Down 1 pound, weighed in at 144. And Pam weigh to go! Too tired...must go to bed now. Will write more later. Good night everyone.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:10 PM
FitDay Premium Member

even though it wasn't official weigh-in day, i decided to jump on the scale this morning, and it was 128.8! finally below 130!!!

i know it's just water weight as i certainly didn't work out or go hungry or something yesterday. not sure if i was retaining yesterday or more dehydrated today. but, i don't care! the scale is finally moving in the right direction!
Old 03-15-2012, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

NICE JOB this week everybody! Yeah, and thanks for posting all that you do! Helps me tremendously knowing I am not alone!

Chris
Old 03-15-2012, 06:18 AM
Banned

Great Job Ladies!
Old 03-15-2012, 07:07 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
OK my weigh in was 156 - I jiggled the weights but I couldn't make it any different. This is the wrong direction - up a pound. I have only myself to blame, but I'd like to find someone else (DH? the Boss? My evil SIL who filled my fridge?)

Today's a new day, mine to use well.

Abby
Yup, new day! As hard as you workout sometimes it is hard not to think that you deserve a little treat, but you know what you need to do! Just set that iron resolve for a week and see if it gets you anywhere

Originally Posted by jonjaxmom
Welcome, Emily!

Good numbers for me this week... -2 since last wed. This makes it official, that I have lost over 10% since i started end of December. Cant believe it. Couldnt tell you why its different for me this time, I know psychologically I seem to be more focused and definitely more diligent that past efforts. Fitday and strict calorie counting has helped me BIG time. The forums here an elsewhere are a great boost in the arm for me. So for all of you who post your ups, your downs, your encouragement, THANK YOU its helped me, thats for sure!!!!

Chris S.
Awesome job Chris, really awesome! So what are you doing that is working so well?

Originally Posted by emilypatrocinio
Good Morning, and thank you for kindly accepting me into this group!
Just reading all the accomplishments you all have made, inspires me more and more to keep pushing towards the weight I would like to be!
I have been living in Mexico for the last year taking care of my little brother who is attending school and playing soccer here... and in the last year, I have added about 15 pounds.... which for me is quite a bit. I have been going to pilates for about 4 months now, but it hasn't been giving me the results I want... and that could be for not watching what I eat! But now, I have this amazing website, and this wonderful support group!

You guys all rock! And keep up the good work! We can do it!
Yeah, like it or not weight loss begins in the kitchen. Do you have an eating plan? Personnally I don't seem to make any progress w/o a pretty detailed plan (as shown above). I am also one of those people that needs a relatively short time frame, so 1 month of strict dieting seems to work for me, then reassess.

Originally Posted by canary52
Pam, you are doing great!!! And I hear ya about DH. I was worried about a similar thing with my DH; I pointed it out, tried to be mellow and in time, he got it. I hope it goes that way for you. In fact, my DH is a wonderful cook too and can also take or leave the starches.

So I am still 137, tho just yesterday I was 136. D!*n that meatball hero!!!
Thanks Hope for both the compliment and the common experience. I suspect he will come around in his own time. Personnally, I'd count the 136.

Originally Posted by sjpisjabba
pam, congrats on the scale! i'm very excited for you and terribly terribly jealous!

i weighed in this morning at 130.2 which is what i think i weighed last time...

i'm bummed but honestly i guess i should just be thankful i didn't gain after being in the states for almost a week. i wasn't being careful whatsoever about what i was eating (even eating a few cookies and stuff) zero workouts, and i got sick (i always scarf on comfort food when i'm sick).

i'm starting to feel better but wondering when i can start working out again. one thing i am happy about: i'm AM pretty close to getting under 130, if i could just do that i feel like i would get a major motivation boost. i've been dragging above that number for ages.

i think i'll try to get as much rest as i can over the next few nights so i can hit the gym hard ASAP.
I am pretty sure once you get back on your feet and back to your regular schedule you to will be praising the scale fairies, just don't let it get you down and blow the whole thing.

Originally Posted by etlosenow
I had a busy day and didn't weigh in until evening but was pretty pleased because I was 125.2 at the end of the day. The unseasonably warm mid-western days have helped me get outside and moving more these couple of days. Hopefully I can make time to do more yard work which is working out without thinking about it. That makes me very happy!
Yea, good job! 125 is my dream weight. I really do not know if it is something I can reasonably sustain, but there is just something magical about that number.

Originally Posted by megan5555
Down 1 pound, weighed in at 144. And Pam weigh to go! Too tired...must go to bed now. Will write more later. Good night everyone.

Awesome Megan! Weigh to go yourself What is your goal? You may have noted it before, but I can't quite remember.

Originally Posted by sjpisjabba
even though it wasn't official weigh-in day, i decided to jump on the scale this morning, and it was 128.8! finally below 130!!!

i know it's just water weight as i certainly didn't work out or go hungry or something yesterday. not sure if i was retaining yesterday or more dehydrated today. but, i don't care! the scale is finally moving in the right direction!
Water, schmater... great hallmark. It is the one I am hoping for. I am jealous!
Old 03-15-2012, 09:15 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, Pam! 125 is my dream weight too! And I haven't see that in YEARS (heavy sigh.) But the scale said 136 this morning so maybe that IS the one that counts this week!!!!
Old 03-15-2012, 02:40 PM
FitDay Member

Weigh to go, Hope, Sara, Chris, etlosenow, and Pam, great progress! Welcome Emily and Becca
Pam, my goal weight is 125, and I'm 144 right now. I need to lower the Fat in my diet. My calories are always about 1000 below what I'm spending, but they are "Fat calories" like bacon, cheese, pizza, pasta, nachos, . I just bought some lean turkey and will have that instead of bacon. My carbs seem to be too low...so I guess I'll eat more rice, and potatoes, etc.
Question to all: How many calories do you aim to burn off each day? 500, 1000, 1200? more? Not sure if I should cut back more than 1000???
Old 03-15-2012, 05:00 PM
FitDay Member

Hello again everyone...

Pam, you ssked what im doing to lose my weight...
The difference this time is that I am finally being very diligent with my food diary. Stay between 1500-1600 cals a day, try and workout 3 times a week. I track everything, but it's been pretty easy once you do it for a couple weeks. By 2pm, I know how many calories I have "left" to eat for dinner and nighttime snack, and I plan our dinners that way. If my blood sugar is a bit low, I grab a fruit with some pb2 or an orange with a slice of lunchmeat so I am not gorging on tons of calories. If we go out to eat, i pick resteraunts that i can look at menus first, and plan ahead. I had a plateau at one point that lasted a couple weeks, but then I changed my workout and tried weight training and added more protein with my meals and it helped. I am sure my next one is coming soon, so just trying to keep the right frame of mind so I don't let it discourage me when it happens. My mantra is just keep swimming....

I've been playing with fit day on and off for the last 3 yrs. I only got serious about it earlier this winter when the muffin top ripped my favorite jeans, in a place where pants dont rip unless you're overweight. Coupled with the news from my dr that if my blood sugars didn't improve I'd have to increase insulin injections from 1x a day to 4x.... It was certainly the motivation to get me started.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.