Community
Notices

Who's got just 10-15 Pounds?

Old 03-13-2012, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Becca! I look forward to getting to know you !

Not Tango - friends, beer, apps, pizza, it was probably worth it...

My boss (who is a wonderful guy) seems on a sabotage program - he eats quite healthy, we chat about it often (along with the weather) - for reasons that I don't understand, he's been installing chocolate truffles in the breakroom. One just entered my mouth - it must have had a will of its own, possessing me to unwrap and consume. Get thee behind me chocolate! it wasn't even that good!

Hoping for a good number tomorrow!

Abby
Old 03-13-2012, 03:11 PM
FitDay Member

Hello Everyone...
I love the fact that there is this group!...
... May I Join?
Old 03-13-2012, 04:16 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Absolutely!
Tell us a little about yourself. We weigh in on Wed - as in tomorrow - but it is totally optional.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:26 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Emily!

OK my weigh in was 156 - I jiggled the weights but I couldn't make it any different. This is the wrong direction - up a pound. I have only myself to blame, but I'd like to find someone else (DH? the Boss? My evil SIL who filled my fridge?)

Today's a new day, mine to use well.

Abby
Old 03-14-2012, 12:40 AM
Banned

Hi guys,
thanks for welcoming me!

my plan is to drink plenty of water my average is about 90+oz a day
I'm eating healthy proteins n veggies n fruits
Exercising at least 3-4 times a week

I will start next Wed with my first weigh in with ya
my last weigh in was 170.2, I usually weigh myself on Fridays.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:45 AM
FitDay Member

still 140. But I'm bloated, and have been eating well since my pizza and appetizers on Sunday. Next week should be better...
Welcome Emily! Looking forward to finding out more about you!
Old 03-14-2012, 02:24 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, Emily!

Good numbers for me this week... -2 since last wed. This makes it official, that I have lost over 10% since i started end of December. Cant believe it. Couldnt tell you why its different for me this time, I know psychologically I seem to be more focused and definitely more diligent that past efforts. Fitday and strict calorie counting has helped me BIG time. The forums here an elsewhere are a great boost in the arm for me. So for all of you who post your ups, your downs, your encouragement, THANK YOU its helped me, thats for sure!!!!

Chris S.

Last edited by jonjaxmom; 03-14-2012 at 02:26 AM. Reason: correct signature
Old 03-14-2012, 03:35 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning, and thank you for kindly accepting me into this group!
Just reading all the accomplishments you all have made, inspires me more and more to keep pushing towards the weight I would like to be!
I have been living in Mexico for the last year taking care of my little brother who is attending school and playing soccer here... and in the last year, I have added about 15 pounds.... which for me is quite a bit. I have been going to pilates for about 4 months now, but it hasn't been giving me the results I want... and that could be for not watching what I eat! But now, I have this amazing website, and this wonderful support group!

My plan is to drink more water, eat more veggies & fruits.
Eat about 5 times a day... 2 of those being small snacks...
And of course exercising... And since I still plan on doing my pilates, I have found this wonder website with at home workouts that are amazing, and you get to pick what you want to work out.

Fitness Blender

I'm about 5'4 and 143...
And my goal weight by the end of the month is about 135...(I know that is quite abit, but I'm trying for that!)
My final goal is about 130 or a little less!

You guys all rock! And keep up the good work! We can do it!
Old 03-14-2012, 04:20 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Good morning all my lovely losers .

The scale fairy continues to be kind:
week 0 139.4
week 1 136.8
week 2 135.2

I did a preview weight check yesterday and things weren't looking so good but I knew I was a little *ahem* backed up. After a little plumbing correction this morning things are looking better.

I have been pretty faithful to the low carb routine - much to my surprise.

NO Grains, that is no bread, crackers, or cereal of any kind this week
NO Rice, brown, wild or white
NO Pasta of any kind including Dreamfields and other protected carb foods
NO Potatoes
And of course absolutely no sweets
NO Corn of any type which includes tortillas (low carb included)

Breakfast: eggs or plain yogurt (some fruits allowed)
Snack: apple or orange (required)
Lunch: meat (~5 oz) and salad
Snack: nuts (this will be a bit tricky as nuts are a trigger food. I'll have to keep the serving under control)
Dinner: meat and veggies.

No alcohol

The biggest help has been DH who has been soooo agreeable in going along with the meal planning. He is a wonderful chef - especially with entrees and he loves to cook meats. The starchs he can take or leave, and has been for the most part happy to leave them for the last 2 weeks. When he does have rice, or bread he does his best to be subtle about it - bless his heart.

He hasn't however, cut back on the alcohol and that has me a little worried. I know my own consumption was getting a little too high @ 2-3 glasses of wine or beer a night. His is more like 4 to 5. But I know from many years of experience that it is useless to nag. I can only lead by example.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

Pam, you are doing great!!! And I hear ya about DH. I was worried about a similar thing with my DH; I pointed it out, tried to be mellow and in time, he got it. I hope it goes that way for you. In fact, my DH is a wonderful cook too and can also take or leave the starches.

So I am still 137, tho just yesterday I was 136. D!*n that meatball hero!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.