Notices

Who's got just 10-15 Pounds?

Old 07-18-2012, 12:15 AM
FitDay Member

Debra, hope Chicago treated you well, my last trip there was an eating fest, so much I love there, but I did a good job with exercise too!

Laurie, congratulations, this may be the one of your dreams!

Chris, congratualtions on the half pound, at this point the progress is slow, but any week in the right direction is a good thing!

Well, I have no right to my current dip in weight, I’m at 150 – which is the goal maintenance number (I’m tall) I had Vietnamese food and beer last night (too hot to stay home), crazy decadent weekend, and I’m down three pounds. I’ll take it, but logic is missing!
Old 07-18-2012, 01:00 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi all!

It is Wed right? I am traveling - in DC - heading home later today. I didn't get a lick of exercise in, not even much walking. But I ate pretty well. I have a tendency to skip a meal or 2 when I travel and then more that make up for it later . I did that a little last night. I am in the heart of restaurants here, so last night I decided to go on a little tasting tour. Oysters at Clydes, tappas across the street (with an accompaning adult beverage - but just 1) and planned on a light seafood main course at Legal Seafood. I really wasn't hungry enough to justify the prices so I went for a stroll instead. But by the time I got back to hotel, I was hungry again and the choices available for a snack-type meal weren't great. So I splurged on a sinfully, creamy, fatty, crab dip w/toasted bagette. It was pretty good, not awesome, so I ate about half. But knowing what I know about such dishes, it was probably a full day's calorie load right there.

OK back to the routine tomorrow.

BTW I think I'll skip the weigh-in this week.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:20 AM
Banned

Hi Guys,

I'm baaackk...had a great time NYC...I ate what I wanted but did walk everywhere...so did that help.

I'm at 147.8...a lil gain!.....got some projects at work
i need to finish up after all this traveling...so I'm gonna try and just
maintain the next few weeks if I don't get to exercise like I should...
We'll see how that goes.

Laurie- glad you got another job...God is good!!
Welcome to the newbies- a bunch of terrific ppl here!!

Pam,Chris you're all doing a great job!
Old 07-20-2012, 07:59 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Debra, hope Chicago treated you well, my last trip there was an eating fest, so much I love there, but I did a good job with exercise too!
Thanks, Abby. The trip was great. I didn't necessarily have Chicago on my list of places to go so it was nice work sent me there. I really liked downtown. And I was able to go on a river architecture tour. Boy, those buildings from that vantage point are fabulous!

And I managed to maintain my slightly less than goal weight! Although I did have my doubts there for a bit. My trip home was LONG. I had to get up atthe equivalent of 3 am and got home at 4:30 pm on three planes! (You can't get there from here .) So the combination of being exhausted and hungry and hanging out at the airport resulted in deep-dish pizza for breakfast and a wrap for lunch! I think that was more white flour than I've had in months!! It was good though. I think I have to do that once in a while -- and just make sure I'm right back on track afterwards. So far, so good!

Have a great weekend, everyone.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:06 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, beccafries, you have really done well since 2/28. I'm new here and just wondered how you have been so successful. Always looking to pick up helpful hints. Congratulations!
Old 07-25-2012, 12:22 AM
FitDay Member

Becca, that lil gain is nothing, it wil be gone soon.

Pam, you’re right about that creamy crab dip with baguette, but, you didn’t feel the compulsion to finish it which I would have done!

Welcome Christine, I think most of us are on some version of “eat less, move more”, mine involves eating a lot of veggies.

Today’s number (on Sesame Street) is 149, which is down a pound, and happily in my maintenance range. Happy Dance!
Old 07-25-2012, 01:42 PM
Banned

Thanks Ladies!

Welcome Christine- like Abby said... eating better and keep that body
moving....and lots n lots of water

I'm hanging steady...got these projects at work Im working on.

Good job to Everybody!! Happy Maintaining!
Old 07-26-2012, 01:29 AM
FitDay Member

Smile 1 Stone, 1 Month :)

Hey,
Yes I would like to lose one stone in one month ! It's going to be a lot of hard work, but I really want to feel happy with my weight for once .. so this time i'm going to do it. For myself and no one else !

Wow 30lbs in 5 months that's awesome ! (beccafries)

Last edited by bethdoyle94; 07-26-2012 at 02:01 AM.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:53 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by bethdoyle94
Yes I would like to lose one stone in one month !
Wow, Beth! One stone in one month! That's a lot -- especially since you're so close to your goal weight! Not sure I could do it...BUT there's a lot of support here. I must admit it's been a long time since I haven't been embarrassed about my weight. And now that I've reached my goal (it's still pretty new ) I may actually want to lose a bit more. I'm taking that part slowly so I can at least stabilize where I am and then we'll see!

As has been said, great job everybody!
Old 07-30-2012, 06:23 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Just to stay on track...

Hi Everyone. Hope the weekend was good for all (went blueberry picking again...I think I'm set with loads already in the freezer).

I just wanted to post to keep myself on track: I haven't had enough sleep for the last couple of weeks (worried about my 12-YO pooch who has developed some nasty skin issues...) and that is usually a perfect reason for me to want to eat continually throughout the day. I guess my sub-conscious is trying to give me energy when I'm tired. So I will plan my meals out and have loads of healthy (low cal) snacks available for when I feel that need to munch coming on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.