Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 02/27/12

Old 02-27-2012, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator

From a month ago...
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Okay... the "prizes" for this bet seem awefully one sided. I know I'm the only dude in this crazy camp but remember I live in a house full of crazy females. I'm use to standing my ground.

I'll come up with a fair one for me that I think we can all agree on. My last 1/2 marathon I did it in 3:03:01
MyFinisher Center – Search Results

That was with beautiful weather. I have no idea what the weather, or my back will be like in another 5 weeks!

For every pound that I gain, I drop a minute off my time. For every pound that I lose, I can add a minute to my time. I know that Tori is going to say something like "I cut 5 mintues off of my 2 mile time", that 3:03 is already 45 minutes faster than my original race. Considering that I can't run farther than 100 yards and that's faster than a 14 minute mile, that's MORE than fair.

Tori, what's your plan?
I'm down just about 2 pounds in less than a full week!

My back has really been bothering me, I just got back from the chiropractor. I'll be doing the race on an old, worn out, pissy pair of shoes (I'll take pics of the grass stains from cutting grass in them) and no real training just to prove how much you can do with will power and determination!

My goal for this week:

1. Finish 1/2 marathon in 3:05!

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 02-27-2012 at 04:58 AM.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:50 AM
Super Moderator

I'm posting really quickly on my lunch break, but hugs to all, let's go get 'em this week. Tori!!!! If you don't do your workouts this week there will be CONSEQUENCES! When I am not so frazzled I'll come up with something

My goals are an extension of my shift mid-last week to get myself back in an exercising habit, so they're a little different than normal, but I feel good about them.

Weekly Goals

Food/Exercise/Lifestyle Goals
1) Calories between 1200-1400. Really aiming for 1300.
2) 30 Day Shred EVERY DAY. No excuses, not even working late!!!!
3) 1 or 2 extra cardio sessions at the gym
4) Calorie deficit of 4,000-5,000. If I keep cals at 1300 every day, this should be extremely doable.
5) In bed by 11:30 every night
6) Protein between 25-30% on average for the week
7) At least 80 oz. of water daily
8) Take my multivitamin
9) Weigh in daily and post here M: 160.4
10) No eating out for lunch all week, with the exception of lab meeting

Other Goals

1) Continue job search/applications, follow up on jobs with no news
2) Get midterm exam(s) done by Wednesday, latest
3) Take some "me" time every day
4) Don't sweat the small stuff

I'm really trying to get myself back into good habits, and I find I'm more motivated now that I'm forcing myself to work out every day. I burn just over 250 cals on the Shred, so it's not much, but I can feel the soreness and I hope there's some muscle building to help with my overall burn. The soreness is lessening, as well, so maybe the weight numbers will move. I don't mind that it's up from my low right now as I'm sure it's due to soreness/water/what have you.

Also, not eating out for lunch is going to be rough on me, but I know that I've been getting lazy at lunchtime and going out to eat. I make healthy-ish choices, but no matter what, I know I'm getting smacked with sodium. Going out to eat should be a treat, not a habit, unless necessary -- and it's not. I am perfectly capable of arranging my own food! Discipline is the name of the game.

Still on the job hunt but I am trying (and so far, succeeding) to keep a positive attitude. Sending lots of follow-ups out this morning on jobs. I'm expecting to hear a "no" back from most of them considering it's been 3+ months in some cases with no word, but it's better to know.

Happy Monday, all!

~Terri
Old 02-27-2012, 05:06 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in. I'll have to come back later and post some goals, but I'm in.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:35 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in A good active week last week but too many days of eating out. Hope to show more loss this week. Same plan as last week except less restraunt meals. Mary
Old 02-27-2012, 08:01 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone I would like to say I am in but things have been a little crazy here, so I will try. Hope you are all well.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:07 AM
FitDay Member

Good start to the week and I'm hopeful that I can keep it together this week.
It's either a feast or a famine where the social life is concerned and it looks like the next few weeks are on the feast side of things so it will be a struggle.

Goals this week

1 Keep to under 1250 per day.
2 Start drinking water, even a little
3. Exercise, any amount, any type, at least every other day.

General
1 Book holiday for Sept
2 Finish holiday photo DVD
3 Continue my TEFL course

Happy Monday everyone
Old 02-27-2012, 08:44 AM
FitDay Member

April Hope things are going ok for you, thinking about you and wishing you well.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I'm down just about 2 pounds in less than a full week!

My back has really been bothering me, I just got back from the chiropractor. I'll be doing the race on an old, worn out, pissy pair of shoes (I'll take pics of the grass stains from cutting grass in them) and no real training just to prove how much you can do with will power and determination!

My goal for this week:

1. Finish 1/2 marathon in 3:05!
aahhh finish it in 3:07...I was up 2 pounds, and that can be my punishment. Giving you more time

Originally Posted by taubele
Tori!!!! If you don't do your workouts this week there will be CONSEQUENCES! When I am not so frazzled I'll come up with something
oooohh can the consequences be in the form of a really hot personal trainer?????

Originally Posted by kimbur96
I'm in! I'll post later with goals

Tori Glad you got your second wind and that your home safely, lets make this a good week. I'm starting the week off feeling pretty positive.
Kim, thanks! I'm also on the positive side of things, glad that I have some company

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Hey, guys, I'm in this week, too! I was around last week, just really busy so not much in posting mode. My big goal for the week is to see under 160 before I head back to Illinois to visit old friends on Saturday. This morning I weighed in at 162.2, so could be a stretch, but aim high, right?
Joanna, good to see you again! Hope all is going well

Originally Posted by fit4luv
Tori ~ I'm going to watch your workouts this week. That's going to be my focus on you. So be aware!
haha, Luv, you're so sweet, it'd be like being scared of a bunny rabbit! but accountability helps!!!

Everyone else, sorry I didn't get a chance to reply personally to you, running late for Zumba. But know that I'm rooting you on!!

I'm missing some people though......Amy?? Cassie?? April?? Mern?? Where are you guys????????
Old 02-27-2012, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

I may end up with 3:07 but I'll go as fast as I can. Thanks for the invite on yelling at you and pushing you until you puke this week!
Old 02-27-2012, 11:32 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
Health:
Calories: 900-1300
Weight lift x5
Cardio 6 hours
Plank x 5
Weekend some activity
Personal:
Vacuum the car
Organize the garage

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.