Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 02/27/12

Old 03-02-2012, 05:53 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie Wedding venues sounds like a fun day, do you have a date set?

Hope I will continue to pray into your family I hope you and your daughter have a good day today.

Kim I can relate, I have had the emotional crazies a few times over the last few months I hope it passes for you soon. Do not forget to get some down time were you are relaxing and taking care of your mind and body. I have noticed myself that if I eliminate to many carbs it makes me very edgy and almost nervous feeling so you might want to try adding a big bowl of berries into your snacks and see if that helps. Congratulations on overcoming some big life challenges and thanks for having the courage to share your story.

Terri Good luck on your job interview I am excited for you.t2913.gif

Joanna That’s a great idea with the cheese my hubby loves it so there is always some in my fridge I will try it on my next turkey sandwich, I am a huge mustard fan and use it on almost everything but its just not the right choice for turkey.

Mern Awesome day for you yesterday.sHa_dance.gif

Well we are finally going to start the renos on the basement so dd can have her own space. We are off to home depot today for drywall, primer and some lighting she already got her paint from the restore for a great price so here’s hoping for some good sales today. Have a great Friday!
Old 03-02-2012, 06:12 AM
FitDay Member

grrrr day not going so well and it seems that anger= hunger. i made plans to go out with a friend tonight so I don't sit and stew or eat everything in the house. DH is away and DD has plans which are aggravating me for a variety of reasons. so my friend doug and i (and possibly a few others) are going to a jazz club which serves food which i can keep low carb if i can control this incredible urge to go hog wild and pig out. (Monday was National Pig Day BTW. I didn't even know they had such a thing.)

thank you guys for all your good wishes. apparently it's a moment by moment thing. life. man oh man. is it any wonder i would like to drown myself in food?
Old 03-02-2012, 06:23 AM
FitDay Member

Hope ~ You are GREAT for planning ahead to counter act that "munchy" feeling. Isn't it crazy how emotions effect our eating? We are such complex people. I've been working on my mental/emotional struggles. It seems to take a lot of focus. Cheers to you for facing your emotions & working through a lot of hard stuff.

ETA: I plan to come back later & read more fully through posts. Keep Marching forward everyone (Me included)!
Old 03-02-2012, 07:23 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hope & others I am truly humbled by your honesty. Both those of you who have personally known the demons of mental illness, and those who are trying to love and help family members gripped by the demons.

I was definitely a troublesome, if not a "troubled" teenager. But unlike you you lovely women my mom simply chose to abandon me emotionally. She kept a roof over my head and food on the table but that was it. We didn't really survive that era as mother and daughter. But are on OK terms as adults now.

One thing after reading a number of the posts that has occurred to me is that mental disorders have a big genetic component - they tend to get passed down to children, though no fault of theirs. One of the big issues many trouble teens have, whether they admit it or not, is terrible guilt about the distress and harm they are causing thier families. Perhaps helping them understand that what they are going through is NOT THEIR FAULT anymore than being born with red hair. Not that simply transferring fault would be appropriate, but the realization that they did not cause or do something "bad" to bring this upon themselves can be helpful in some cases.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by fit4luv

April ~ That's great news that you have a "silver lining" in the new Doctor. I think you must have found a gem in all your difficulties. Collaboration is so vital. I'll pray (if it's OK with you) for this particular Doctor & of course for you, family and specifically your son. I eagerly await news of how your son is progressing. As far as I'm concerned, "spill" away. By the way, I admire how you bring comfort to others out of your pain.
Luv ... That is just fine with me. We can take all the prayers & well wishes that we can get! <3
Old 03-02-2012, 08:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Mern, I had a long post to you and it got lost somewhere so I will say that your response helped. DD and I went out for sushi and watched a comedy which had a therapist in it. Rather than trying to use this as an opportunity to push her back into therapy, I asked her what she thought of it. She said it may work for some but not for her. I pointed out she didn't have that much (or a good) experience with it. She mentioned a local therapist who she had heard was "pretty good." It gave me hope that she was thinking about it. She didn't know the name but she knew the general loction. I am going to do research. She has also said that she deosn't want to be miserable any more, that she doesn't want the things that hurt her to be such big things. This gives me hope.
You asked me what would have helped me and I don't have an answer. I don't know if anything would have helped or I just had to find my way in my own time. I bolded the above because it strikes me as extremely hopeful. For her to bring up the therapist means she has been thinking about it and is open to it, or she wouldn't have said anything at all. But the thing in this that strikes me the most is not wanting to be miserable or hurt any more. Pain or the lack there of is the greatest motivator. Only when i was so tired of hurting by doing it my way did i become open to trying it some one else's way. When we are beaten we become willing. You both are in my thoughts and prayers. And thank you for the kind words about my mom and i believe you are right, she sees how far i have come. I miss her a lot. I was only 22 when she died.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:02 AM
FitDay Member

Pam amazing pictures, just beautiful.

Darlene I am taking your advice and giving me some me time. I am skipping the gym tonight. I think i am just depleted and need to recover a little.

Terri hang in there. Keep putting one foot in front of the other and the job will come and the scale will move. Don't let it beat you. We are all here cheering you on.

Lizzie I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your BF!

Tori it looks like your back on the wagon and focused. Nice 4 mile walk good for you.

Joanna seeing lots of green there way to go girl.

Mern you are doing great!! Lots of green there. And thank you too for the thoughts about my mom.

April glad your soon is getting the attention he needs. You show a strength i admire.

Fit You are just the smile queen and it brings a smile to my face so thank you for brightening up the place

Mike you have been a little quiet you okay?

I guess i have gotten to feel safe in here and let my walls down and just soak up the love. so than you all!!

I have given my self permission to take the night off from the gym. I'm just dragging today. So i will relax, eat a healthy dinner, go to bed early. I have to work part of the day tomorrow but I can get my 5th gym in tomorrow and still meet that goal so I am okay with it.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kimbur96
Mike you have been a little quiet you okay?
I'm fine, thanks. I only made one goal this week so I haven't had much to report about. I have hit the gym twice, tonight will be my third time this week. Besides that I've been pretty lazy.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default Chatting . . .

April ~

Lizzie ~ Have fun with wedding planning this weekend.

Kim ~ Those crazy hormones . . .I hope they soon level out for you. Maybe with all those labs being done on you, you might be able to pinpoint what's going on? Ah , thanks for the compliment of bringing sunshine. We sure can all use more sunshine in our lives.

Hope ~ Don't worry about me feeling left out around here. It's quite OK. I know it takes effort to read & to post and sometimes we just don't have much time or energy to respond to each person.

Terri ~ (Smiles here.) I love your "novels". It does help to write things out here, doesn't it? Sorry about all those job rejections, but then look at what they are missing by not hiring you. From your posts I see great character.

Joanna ~ I never heard of "Laughing Cow" Cheese. It sounds like something good to try out. I'll have to see where it's sold.

Darlene ~ Sounds like an exciting time for your daughter in getting her own room. Hope you all can enjoy working & creating together this weekend. You motivate me to see what special projects we can do this weekend. Probably not as big as yours, but something that will improve the house.

Pam ~ I believe too that genetics plays a crucial role in mental/emotional difficulties. I keep finding out cousins that deal with depression and/or some type of anxiety. I also have aunts that share about how they work thru depression.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So far today I'm doing OK with Calorie Count. I have to "Train the Brain" with servings - it's a lot of work for me. I'm making some progress, but it's not quite "natural" yet. I'm going to see how I am by end of March.

I'll come back later with a Weekend Warrior Challenge for myself.

Let's stay strong!

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-02-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:24 AM
FitDay Member

Default I hate rain.....

and it's rained all friggin day! It makes me lazy and my knees ache (gawd, I sound like I'm 95). I've also been extra hungry today. I think I may have under ate yesterday. Deddy is taking me out for supper tonight, so I will probably go over in calories, but at this point I don't really care. I'm hungry and I'm going to eat. I'm just thankful that tonight isn't a "walking" night, cause it's been storming all day (woke up to a nice little hail storm at 5 this morning) and we're under a tornado watch until 11 tonight. Oh joy! And I'm currently living in a house with a Momma who is terrified of storms. I have a feeling it's going to be a long stressful one. I am supposed to do the Cardio Burn tonight, but I'm not really wanting to. I'm really wanting a nap....

Maybe after I eat I'll feel better? I can't blame my BLAH feeling on AF, she's already skipped town. So it's gotta be the rain.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.